Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Nash Twin Six Distributor Value

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carmuts, Jan 23, 2016.

1. carmuts

carmuts

A few weeks ago a friend of mine dropped this off at my shop asking what it is worth. having no idea I spent a few hours on the web looking for a clue as to value. Not finding much to go on. Does anyone have an idea as to its value? Turns free, contact terminals on the cap have some pitting although not real bad and some carbon tracking on the internal pickup ring as can be expected with the rotor brush. Thanks Rod

Attached Files:

2. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Sounds like bidding will commence immediately...

3. carmuts

carmuts

I already have someone with first refusal, which is somewhat why I asked. Both of us are ignorent of its value. No clue beyond its bad ass look as to how desireable it is. A NORS cap brought $100, which is the only reference as to anything that sold. Rod

4. 27troadster

27troadster

Couple months back I did a lot of research looking for one of those, the ones I did find, guys were asking $300. And yep - $100 for the cap is about right, again that's asking price, not receiving price. If you want to sell it, put it on e-bay with a reserve that your comfortable with (I'd say $300), and see what people offer for it.

They're pretty rare, but then again applications for them and the number of guys looking for them are pretty rare as well. I'm making a twin spark plug head for my flathead 6 cyl. Plymouth, that's why I was looking.

You might have a better chance if you find a Nash restoring club / forum. If they exist, pretty small crowd doing that sort of thing. I would think.

Kipp

5. BJR

BJR

So... is a Nash Twin 6 a 12 cylinder car, or does it have 2 spark plugs per cylinder?

6. carmuts

carmuts

It is a 6 cyl with 2 plugs per cyl. Nash also offered a twin eight. Rod

7. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

In the 30s Nash made some sophisticated engines for their top models including an OHV 6 with 7 main bearings and an OHV straight eight with 9 main bearings. Both with 2 spark plugs per cylinder.

8. Gofannon

Gofannon

9. Gofannon

Gofannon

Here's mine I've adapted for my GMC. It was the wrong rotation so I dropped in a SBC distributor shaft with Nash cam and rotor adapted.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Stock twin is rare.... I'd say 200.00.

11. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Modern day dual point. Ahead of the times,,,back then,,,,,,

12. carmuts

carmuts

Thanks guys for the estimate value and the tech article which increases the cool factor. Will see if I can get a deal worked that my friend and the potential buyer are both happy with. I do not think it will be hard to do. Rod

13. Jack Gifford

Jack Gifford
    from Phelps, NY

Thanks to Gofannon for posting that old article about converting the Nash distributor to dual-coil. In old Hot Rod magazines (1952-54) I kept reading about hopped-up Chev sixes using converted Nash distributors- I couldn't imagine why. One guy talked about running 90 degrees of dwell- he apparently did the dual-coil conversion.

So, as for value- if you find a guy doing a period-correct modified six cylinder- Bingo!