Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Going to the Lone Star Round Up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skratch, Feb 9, 2016.

1. j3harleys

j3harleys

Cool I was hoping you would say that. Looking forward to seeing you. Johnny

2. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

We'll be there.

3. Asphalt Demon

Asphalt Demon
    from Australia

I,m coming from OZ for the first time,looking forward to meeting a few of you guys if possible, intend to be in Austin for 10 days to take in some bbq,crawdads, music joints,dive bars etc any tips or hospitality would be greatly appreciated.Will be flying into Dallas the Monday before hand to enjoy a little of Texas. Johnny

4. 39hudrat

39hudrat

I be cruising around in the 39 Hudson

5. Daniel Goldman

Daniel Goldman

Bringing my 58 IH pickup. Such an awesome show. Can't wait.

6. Contingent of us headed that way. Not sure on transportation yet. 49 Ford or maybe a few bikes.
    Want to see the sights again. Hope to meet up with Nailhead Brooklyn...

7. Rand Man

Rand Man

I plan to fly down there and drive a "new" car back. Thought I would ask if anyone was driving from northwest Arkansas.

8. Airborne34

Airborne34
    from Texas

Yep, I'll be there for the first time!!!

9. Rand Man

Rand Man

I got my plane ticket. Staying in Round Rock.

10. j3harleys

j3harleys

My wife and I are going down a week early so i can go to the Alamo and she wants to see the river walk in San Antonio. Were trailering a car down in Hopes of selling it. Nerve been there be for looking forward to it

Swiss50chevy and hipster like this.
  11. As for lodging: We went through AirBNB.com and stayed in a garage apartment just a few blocks from Top Notch. We really enjoyed it.

12. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

Thursday will be a drive day for us. We will be at the event Friday and Saturday. Hoping to meet a bunch of new folks and visit with old friends. Please stop by. 57 5spks.JPG

13. 6th year in a row, son lives there, housing free!

14. 6th year in a row. Son lives there so cheap housing for us. IMG_6028-007.JPG

15. blackout78666

blackout78666

Blackout sign crew will be there with some top secret experimental mini bikes and the Oasis Texas Beer folks. Be sure to check out the Sunday slow ride out to Oasis on the lake after the show. Starts at La Mancha at 10 then a " slow ride" through the country side ending at Oasis Texas Brewing company. Free parking, beer , music , food by La Mancha as well. Hope to see all y'all there ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1458562433.104274.jpg

16. Anyone know if there is going to be a HAMB meet ?

17. I'm coming in on Thursday this year... heading straight to the Meatheads BBQ... I've wanted to go to their lunch for a while...

18. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

I enjoy the Garage Crawl very much. A tip on that. Get up early go to mexican diner meeting spot . get directions then go eat breakfast. By the time you get done eating the crowd will be far ahead of you and you will have a lot less people to put up with.

19. You will not be disappointed. That right there is worth the whole trip

JOYFLEA and 1956 F100 like this.
  20. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

We need some info guys. We'll be arriving from the North on Thursday afternoon. How do we find the Meatheads BBQ gathering on Thursday? Also, we are early risers and apparently the event doesn't open until 10:00a.m. daily. We are going to need to kill some time. How do we find this Mexican Diner for breakfast? Sam

21. Hey mo-junk , there is a Tex mex that is open for breakfast on the corner behind the gas station next to the rally. We've ate there before , not bad . Goggle the Thursday BBQ . We camp at the grounds and get there early Thursday and leave about 10:30 to go to Taylor and your more than welcome to follow us . Blue

22. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I'll be there, 1st time

23. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

Mo -junk ,if your question was directed at me ,there is a Mexican Street type diner in clear South Austin. We meet there to get the map for the garage crawl. There is so many people and cars you are better off waiting 45 minutes or so to let them get to the second or third garage and be out of your way. As far as the Meatheads get together its actually North of Austin , out in the country sort of. You need to look on the Round up web site for a map for both of them.

24. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

Joyflea & Joe Cool, thank you for the info. I'll do some searching. We will be coming south on I-35 on Thursday so it would be easy to stop in Taylor. It sounds like there will be garage crawls as well so I'll see what I can find. This is our first time to the Roundup and Austin so we're somewhat in the dark. Sam

JOYFLEA likes this.