Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Willys parts for my rebuild.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 38 2 DR Sedan, Feb 26, 2016.

1. This is for the Willys guys, I need links to manufactures of replacement parts for my 1938 Willys 2 Door Sedan
    Here is a list of things I am looking for, any and all help would be great. If I have overlooked anything please feel free to post it. I did find someone who make body mounts so I have that covered. If there is something that can't be bought let me know what you used when you put your car together. I will go ahead and Thank You all for the help.

1.Glass kits for a sedan.
    2. Wind shield and rear window rubbers.
    3. Weather stripping, and any other rubbers for doors and deck lid.
    4. Hood rubber bumpers and back of hood seal.
    5. Cat whiskers and window channels.
    6. Fender welting, if they used it.
    7. Gaskets for front fenders to inner fenders.
    8. Door pins and latch parts.

2. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Dont Know if he has Willys patterns (he has a ton of old Ford stuff)but get ahold of Chris Blattie in Billings. He cut the glass for the sedan and I installed it.

3. Thanks man do you have a Phone number by chance, if you don't want to put it on here call me in the evening, or PM me here.

4. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

I dont off hand. Do a search here on the hamb. If you cant find anything Ill try and find it in my phone records.

5. 1934coupe

1934coupe

38 2 DR Sedan likes this.
  6. :cool:

7. 38 2 DR Sedan
    There is not much original fit stuff out there...but some of the universl fit stuff will work fine.
    Glass can be cut by any place that has flat glass, if you have the (old glass) patterns. Front Windows 37-40 are the same...rear sedan windows are the same for those years too. Door windows will depend on wing windows or not.
    Not sure if 2-door rear door (window) area is the same as the four rear door , but Willys never got too complicated with its design, so they are probably the same. Mike Nordahl (google Willys Replacement parts) has a lot of the stuff, some is like the original, and some is universal fit, but decent. Metro Moulded (near where I live)has the most rubber pieces for 37-41, and they made rubber parts for Nordahl, Ladley, and some body companies. Window channel is available at any good car show vender, and should be 5/8" wide...most have the cat wiskers too. Any fender welting will work...some use it, some don't ...depending on how good the metal fits. Uhpolstery places will make it for you to match paint colors or provide a neat contrast. Bob Drake Ford does have several items that will work, for latch parts, PM me and I'll show you some pictures. Thr best I have found for inner fender to fender is called glass channel tape...comes in many thicknesses and lengths...use a punch to make the holes.
    g-willys

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
    38 2 DR Sedan and elgringo71 like this.
  8. Hey Buddy, Thanks you have answered a lot for me, I'll PM you and check out the pic's you have, again thanks. Tony/38 2 DR Sedan

9. BTT, Can Any one tell me if the door hinge pins are the same as a Ford, Thanks

10. elgringo71

elgringo71

I have read that they are but I can't say for sure. I think that Willys replacement parts sells hinge pins or at least they used to.

11. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Tony I have a few stainless hinge pins left over from the 32 project.

12. Humm, I wonder if they will fit, When would be a good time to check up with you.

13. YES...Ford hinge pins will fit...and they are also made in stainless. You will however, have to cut them a bit, as they are longer. For diameter they are just over 17/64" to 9/32". I measured several, and they vary a bit...some originals I had were between 0.272 & 0.276...the new Stainless ones I had were around 0.280, and 0.281. I have bought them from WRP, and Bob Drake. The originals may have worn a bit. I have used Ford pins, and WRP pins in 4 Willys I have built, and they were snug and worked fine. I just put them in my '36 Willys sedan as well.
    g-willys

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
    38 2 DR Sedan likes this.
  14. :cool:, g-willys, rusty rocket is a good friend so Ill get the ones he got and be in good shape, thanks again.

15. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Tony, I only have two.

16. Hey Tim that would be cool at least I could start aligning my doors. I would just use them I could see where my door are within the openings..I can order them from WRP .

17. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Sounds good Ill only charge you double.

18. :(:eek::cool:

19. willyschad

willyschad
    from ohio

I got all the weatherstripping and rubber pieces for mine from willys replacement parts. I used 40 ford body mounts

20. Thank you willyschad, so how thick are 40 Ford body mounts, I was going to use some 1/2 inch belting but if the Ford mounts work I'll use them.

21. drumyn29

drumyn29

Mike nordahl has everything that you need. If he doesn't then you can call "mr expensive" Ron Ladley

I used the willys glass guy from ebay but struck the deal off of ebay for a better price, I think $400 shipped to my door.

22. Thanks, this has worked out great, now where is that lottery ticket I bought Maybe my numbers will come around, Ya who am I trying to kid, well I guy can always wish.

23. elgringo71

elgringo71

Are there anymore parts that you are having trouble finding?

24. Yes, I need one of the front frame shock mounts, It's the one for the passenger side, which is one of the long ones in this picture.I don't want anyone to break up a pair so I am hoping someone has just the passenger side one, Willys Shock Mounts.jpg

25. Hey elgringo71, You posted asking if there was and thing else I needed, so do you have stuff or were you asking if there was stuff I haven't been able to find. Just wondering, durmyn29, is looking for a shock mount for me. Let me know if you find any of the things on my list, most I have found where to get it and that is what I was mainly after.

26. elgringo71

elgringo71

38 2 DR Sedan, I sent you a conversation.