Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Studebaker sheet metal problems

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hal cooper, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Dangerous Dan

Dangerous Dan

Wtf, grammar school again?

2. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

Ask the question in a manner that doesn't require me to dig out my dumbass decoder ring and I'm glad to help. Yeah I'm a Dick....

3. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

The internet is 90% complaining and entitlement and I hate it and I deserve better.

4. wow! thats going to win some folks over, smooth you are.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  5. rush549

rush549
    from Kansas

[​IMG]

6. we do love pictures here.....and please forgive my first grade teacher - she didn't know how to spell my name....she said we'll just call you Bill.....as I said no....I received licks/spanking in front of the whole class from the principal for back talking...wonder I didn't become some kinda serial killer....guess it was to early in the 60's....true story there...

7. belair

belair

I remember the thread that went with the picture in #37. Epic. The HAMB has changed, but sometimes the old HAMB breaks thru.

lothiandon1940 and Chaz like this.
  8. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

I remember that as well..... If there ever is a "Best posts on the HAMB' series It would be #1 !

lothiandon1940 and belair like this.
  9. Hal: I saw a '41 Stude 4 dr in the classifieds last night. Look it up and PM the guy and see if He might know where you could find some coupe pieces.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  10. hal cooper

hal cooper

Ok thank you.I just think I was having a bad day come to find out after my post. I think I jumped the gun I found factory seam with a inch of lead in it.I just cut out the section and mad we a new one still working on lower part thanks for lead o'm stude parts

11. hal cooper

hal cooper

I will ad my pics when I can figure out my phone.is it in the cars or parts s section.

12. southerncad

southerncad

You said"I will ad my pics when I can figure out my phone.is it in the cars or parts s section." You don't know where you phone is?????:confused:

31Vicky with a hemi likes this.
  13. hal cooper

hal cooper

If you spent more time looking at the post instead of trying to knock me down. You will see that the man said there was a stude for sale on the HAMB classifieds. And they might know where some parts are for my car. And I stated I could not figure out how to get my cell phone to post pictures and I guess that's what I'll have to expect coming from a guy that says he's a southern cad on a Studebaker tread.

14. hal cooper

hal cooper

Your turn to put something else smart ass on it

15. belair

belair

I miss you already.

lothiandon1940 and flatford39 like this.
  16. welding with a wand?

66gmc likes this.
  17. flatford39

flatford39

Doesn't seem to get it does he....

18. hal cooper

hal cooper

Something. like that I think its hooked up this mig thing.

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  19. badshifter

badshifter

If we "dicks" all responded using the same spelling format as the new guy, that wouldn't help him much now would it? If expecting someone (especially a here today gone tomorrow fng) asking for help to put the slightest effort into using a common written format makes one a dick, so be it. I don't see where you made the slightest effort to help the op either. So what does that make you? Hal, slow down, read the posting pictures tutorials, and I guarantee help will come your way from us dicks, IF you keep the attitude in check.

20. Using Talk to text does some crazy shit sometimes.
    Using it in an Internet forum without proofreading it is going to get you some flack,
    doing so on the hamb is unpredictable at best.

Ever here of "garbage in -garbage out"?
    You see we're all idiots, smart asses, or dicks and that's what you got out of this.
    What did you put in?:D Just about what you got out I'd say.

lothiandon1940 and flatford39 like this.
  21. Fly'n Kolors

Fly'n Kolors

A long time ago, in a land far away called the HAMB, once was said, "How the hell is he going to build car, he can't even build a F'n sentence." Not my words. But, I learned a lot that day!

22. "tin" is not an alloy, quote: "mix deffernt metals." It is a base metal. Studebaker did not make bodies out of aluminum....ever. And yes, using your command of the English language and rules of grammar as a reference, you are an idiot.

belair and iwanaflattie like this.
  23. hal cooper

hal cooper

Well I guess this isn't a real car guys website anymore.six pages of posts and only few guys get it.I had only wanted to know if my car had aluminum in the metal not my spelling and when I dont take their crap they get worst.the only hot rods I think they built are sittin ontop of their dressers .now if would have asked is there any aluminum in my 1/18th scale 1941 studebaker they all would know how to help me with my car not my spelling

24. How did this really go -
    Is there Aluminum
    Magnet will tell you.
    You're an idiot

belair likes this.
  25. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

Sorry no Hot Rods one my dresser. I do have one sittin on my table though.

If'n this is still open when I get home tomorrow I'll post a pic.

26. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

OMG!! yes please, and if the person with the wand happens to look like Barbara Eden , even better....just thinking of all the stuff Id get done.....

belair, tb33anda3rd and Hnstray like this.
  27. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

This whole thread is saddening. It began with you posting a very difficult to read series of half way expressed thoughts in an endless run on sentence. When you were advised how that format made it challenging to help you, instead of 'owning it', and offering to correct it, you initially responded in an offensive posture. And, using your choice of an electronic device's poor performance as justification for the result.

The only person in the early posts that didn't 'get it' was you. Our current culture, most especially among youth, is to reject long established 'norms' of generally accepted behavior and performance, and then get all huffy and aggressive when called on it. Not one whit of self examination, or consideration that the challengers may have valid objections to the subject behavior.

To your credit, you did start posting more coherent responses after a few exchanges and were getting useful suggestions in reply. Then, ignoring your attempts to raise the level of communication, as requested, several who were late to the exchange felt they needed to pile on. Their criticism was justified, but ill timed, and the progress was lost.

But make no mistake, the level of knowledge, skill and accomplishment among the majority of members of this forum is substantial. Many could 'take the bait' and reply with photos and links to threads showing what they have done, in defense of your comments. But, why should they do that? They, and we who have been here awhile, already know that. And, if you no longer care, it would be a waste of their time.

If you still do have a modicum of interest, you might find it worth your time to read through several threads and see firsthand what sort of bodywork, sheetmetal fabrication and mechanical skills are displayed. In addition, you will come across numerous posts asking questions and see how quickly, and thoroughly, they are answered by people here who know stuff.

Ray

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
    lothiandon1940 and Stu D Baker like this.
  28. hal cooper

hal cooper

You guys are still goin at it and still havent said anything how about 1941 studebakers.I rest my case.