Register now to get rid of these ads!

1951 Pontiac from New Mexico

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOOLIGAN350, Oct 22, 2012.

1. HOOLIGAN350

HOOLIGAN350

Hi Folks, just wanted to share some pics of my almost done (yeah right) 1951 Pontiac Chieftain. I had it flat black for some time and decided it was time for some color. It isn't perfect but it is eye catching and fun to drive!

Attached Files:

2. how fitting.
    its the color of a perfect green chile.

3. sololobo

sololobo

Very cool color combo, dig thse tin Indians. ~sololobo~

4. 'Mo

'Mo

Nice! The Buick parts on the front look great! How about some baldy center caps for the wheels (or spider caps)?

What's under the hood?

5. HamD

HamD

Is that one a straight eight?

Any detail on the paint product used?

6. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dig it. Especially like the "fun to drive" part.

7. jmh

jmh

Nice!! John

8. Proof...more doors can be kool. I like the grille swap and the color combo. Love those old Chief's ;)

9. HOOLIGAN350

HOOLIGAN350

Thanks! Yeah it was fun to build. The engine is the ol' reliable Chevy 350. I know, I know, everyone uses them, but I built it back when I was in high school. When the straight 8 died I built a 350 since I had no money. It's mated to a 700R4. I have driven it to tons of events. Two of the runs were to the Lonestar Roundup. I really do drive the wheels off of it.

Now the color is standard black on the roof with a slight silver metal flake. The green is a Summit color, electric sour apple green. My fellow Hooligans were instrumental with the build and paint. We are small club with tons of old cars. My car had been wrecked in the front and I had Buick parts laying around, when I put them on I thought it looked perfect.I am running bullet lug nuts, I may get bullet caps later. The interior still needs completing, I hope to post pics of that as well.

Again thanks to everyone on the positive feedback and special thanks to all the Hooligans!

10. HOOLIGAN350

HOOLIGAN350

11. pontiac

pontiac

That looks great... I had a similar idea with the grille setup I photoshopped in a 51 Pontiac I had about 5 years ago. Really cool to see it done! I like the colors too.

I drive a 52 daily and it's a lot of fun also put over 70k on it! Mine is still flat black, but after seeing yours painted... I kinda want to get back to work on mine and put some color to it! :D

12. HOOLIGAN350

HOOLIGAN350

Thanks, I can't believe home much a little color can change a car. My favorite thing is the new louvers. I liked my car flat black but now with color it stands out.

13. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

Gonna put whitewalls on it?

14. HOOLIGAN350

HOOLIGAN350

yes, as soon as I can afford them. lol

15. peeduh

peeduh
    from atx

Nice car, man!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

16. roaddog

roaddog

hey very kool poncho,those colors really look great and great combo on the grill,moredoors are kool.i'm saying that because my poncho was a 4door when i got it.anyways it looks great enjoy it!!!

17. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

I don't hear anyone complaining about the "Dolly Pardon" front bumper. Those things could poke yer' eye out, be careful. Cool car. Butch/56sedandelivery.

18. HOOLIGAN350

HOOLIGAN350

Don't know about your eyes, but they beat the hell out of my shins...

19. peeduh

peeduh
    from atx

Hey hooligan, what did you go with in lowering your poncho? I have the same car and I've cut the coils a coil and a half and had rear springs made 3" lowered. Haven't got any weight on it yet so not sure where it'll sit when loaded.
    Thanks!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using H.A.M.B. mobile app