Register now to get rid of these ads!

65 Fairlane Mini Tub

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ottoparts, Feb 8, 2014.

1. What year of Fairlane do you have?
    We gotta get the sons truck up and moving again. It will be at least a good month before I throw some jack stands under the Fairlane and start fabbing the connectors. But I am looking forward to it.
    When it comes to the cage I have yet to decide if I will be happy with a 8pt or should I step up to a 10pt. Such hard decisions. HAHA

2. powrshftr

powrshftr

Hey!
    Sorry it took me so long to reply....been busy up here at work.
    I don't have a Fairlane exactly......It's a car that shares a lot of parts and engineering with the Falcon,but its just a smidge outside of being HAMB friendly. ;)

I really wish I would have reworked my wheel tubs the way you did yours when I had my car all apart.

Scott

Posted using two Dixie cups and a medium length piece of string.

3. sabtaj1

sabtaj1
    from Iowa

great pics and job on the mini tub job. I have been contemplating doing this to one of my 65 wagons. keep up the good work!

4. peeduh

peeduh
    from atx

Hey stumbled across this thread looking into the mini tubbing for my 51 Pontiac. I actually saw this evening that the possibility to put the front mounts on top of the frame may work for me then I came across this thread! Do you have pics showing the before and after of the front mounts on those leaf springs? I'd like to see if there is any similarity to what I'm looking at. I also have in mind to raise the rear mounts to lower the car too

Sent from my SGH-T999 using H.A.M.B. mobile app