Register now to get rid of these ads!

HA/GR in Minnesota

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by bobw, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Old28

Old28

I'm in for one :eek::):D

2. RacerRoy3

RacerRoy3
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

X2. It should have the bullet on the back and your mug on the front. LOL.

3. loudbang

loudbang

Well here is the shot in question pretty good one at that.

bullet.JPG

4. Not to mention the cover of the 12Port News.The bimonthly newsletter of Inliners International
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
    loudbang likes this.
  5. bobw

bobw

Somehow I got pictured in Gasser Wars magazine at the Meltdown Drags too.
    The fellow with the chevy truck above(292 powered and fast) interviewed me and took the pic. There was a nice article about all the inline powered cars at the Meltdown Drags. Super nice guy, from South Dakota I believe.

loudbang likes this.
  6. RacerRoy3

RacerRoy3
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You are right Bob, you are sooooooo famous! How much are you going to charge for autographs?
    Seriously, I don't think that anyone has done more to promote the HR/GR movement than the 'bullet, the 'brick , and the lovely newly wed.

loudbang likes this.
  7. Old28

Old28

I'll second that, Great Promoters. :D :)

8. bobw

bobw

Watched the March Meet on Bangshift and really enjoyed it. Saw Joe bow out early. Had to watch it late at night as it was a traumatic weekend. My brother, 16 years younger than me, went into a hospice care facility and I had a lot of emotional details to take care of.

9. Old28

Old28

Bob, mine and Dixie heart go out to you and the families during this emotional time. Family is first and it is times like this that put things in place. As much as we love racing and building hot rods they take a back seat to family matters.
    Best to your brother.

10. Bob,thoughts and prayers sent out to you and your family. Rich

11. RacerRoy3

RacerRoy3
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My prayers go out to you and your family, Bob. I have gone through this twice in the last three years, with my brother-in-law (age 59) and my father (age 86).

There is no other way to describe it except "Its a bitch". It sure makes you appreciate all the gifts the "big man" has given you.

12. Old28

Old28

Well Said !!!

13. bobw

bobw

Thank you fellas, It means a lot to me. He's hanging in there. Would be better if he would let go.

14. RacerRoy3

RacerRoy3
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I know exactly what you are saying. All you can do is say good bye and wait.

15. bobw

bobw

Thank you Racer Roy. My brother has exhibited great courage as his end approaches.

The weather was sunny & warm here today, which got me thinking about the upcoming drag race season. Thinking of getting a higher stall converter for the Bullet. If I remember right, the SDRA guys in Tulsa are running 5,500 stall or so units. There's a Texas company, Freak Show, that has very reasonably priced converters. Seems they have a good reputation too. Anyone here have any experience with them?

16. Old28

Old28

Bob, I know we have talked about this converter subject before, but I will throw it out again. If you run a V8 5500 stall converter with the 6 cylinder motor you will only get 2800 - 4500 RPM stall. I ran a BBC 5500 8" converter on my car with the small 194" motor and got about 3200 stall, Dan ( old sparks) runs the same setup on his built 292 6 cylinder and I think he gets between 3500 - 4500 stall. If you want a full 5500 stall you need to have the converter built for your 6 cylinder motor HP & Torque. This is what Mike & Mark from AZ did and the converters work great. I would think that 4200 - 4500 stall with a foot brake would be all you need with the small slicks. Just my 2 cents :confused::cool:

loudbang likes this.
  17. bobw

bobw

Thanks for the good advice, Tom. I will call and give him the details so the correct converter can be built. I figured a 5,500 stall converter for a high HP V8 might be just about right for my low HP 6 cylinder. Was hoping for around 4,000 stall with that 5,500 converter.

My little brother died at 11:00 this morning. My 98 year old mother , my two sisters and I were holding his hand when it happened.

18. RacerRoy3

RacerRoy3
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bob, I can't think of a better way to pass, with all those who love you close at hand.
    My heartfelt condolence to you and your family.
    Time will ease the pain and fond memories will fill the void.

loudbang likes this.
  19. Old28

Old28

Just knowing that he is pain free and in a better place will help.

Will talk more on the converter when the time is right, for now it's about family.

loudbang likes this.
  20. loudbang

loudbang

Just one good thing came out of ending like that. You got to say your goodbyes, most of us lose them unexpectedly and never get that chance. sorry for your loss.

chessterd5 likes this.
  21. Old28

Old28

Saw your post on RRR so I am sending this for information only. Be sure to tell your converter guy witch input spline you have in your powerglide, a stock or turbo shaft. Make a good guess on the HP that 300 will make. Be sure they know it is a foot brake car and you are not useing a transbrake. give them the weight of the car and the RPM range you will be operating in. I am sure they can build you a fine 6 cylinder 4500 converter. Let me know if I can be of help. With no race car and still some eye problems this is about all I can do as far as racing.

loudbang likes this.
  22. HAMBsterLady

HAMBsterLady

Bob, sorry for your loss. Glad you were with him, I am sure it comforted him.

23. bobw

bobw

Thank you HAMBsterLady. I'm missing my little bother.

24. Old28

Old28

A little more on a converter. Keep in mind that you can still pick up a good used 5500 stall 8" Chevy Powerglide race converter for half what a new unit will cost and you should be able to get 3500 - 4500 stall with that big 300" Ford 6 cylinder built like you have it. Just something to think about.

loudbang likes this.
  25. bobw

bobw

SDRA running this weekend at MoKan. Be there or be a truncated parallelepiped.

loudbang and Daniel Clark like this.
  26. loudbang

loudbang

Never mind googled it but no truncated. 6 parallelograms

upload_2016-4-2_15-54-36.png

You win the prize for the most obscure would usage on the HAMB....... EVER :confused:

27. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

You mean, other than "H.A.M.B."? :D

loudbang likes this.
  28. RacerRoy3

RacerRoy3
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Bob, now that the ice is starting to melt, do you have any test and tunes planned?
    Are you planning on heading to the Meltdown this year? I already have my hotel reservations and hope to see the 'bullet in action if it isn't 110 in the shade.

29. bobw

bobw

Missed TnT this Saturday because we had a memorial service for my brother. Now, we're entering a week of cold, rainy weather. Hopefully in two weeks I can run it.

RacerRoy3, I'm taking two cars to the Meltdown. Lent my Crosley to a friend and he's going to run it. I'll be running the dragster.

loudbang likes this.
  30. RacerRoy3

RacerRoy3
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have circled the dates on my calendar in red!