Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Under Dash Mitchell Mark IV Air Conditioner Wiring - Help!

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by LittleBritishCar, Feb 28, 2016.

1. LittleBritishCar

LittleBritishCar
    from Napa, CA

Can somebody please help me figure out the wiring to my under dash Mark IV Roamer (John E. Mitchell) air conditioner. I have three wires that come out of the unit - a brown, an orange, and a black wire. The orange one comes out then goes to a little box that looks like an old voltage regulator which has a "V" and an "A" on it and two terminals - one says "batt" and the other says "aux" The orange wire is hooked to the one that says "aux" and I am assuming that the other one should go to the fuse block or maybe a switch? I have no idea where the black and brown wires go. In addition, the back of the motor has two black wires - one with a ring terminal, which I am assuming is intended to be grounded to the body. No idea where the other black wire goes. The air conditioner clutch under the hood has a single black wire that runs into the cab but I don't know where it hooks up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

if an original try Mitchell: 1-336-969-0110. if repop try Vintage Air

3. LittleBritishCar

LittleBritishCar
    from Napa, CA

Thank you! I will give them a call.