Register now to get rid of these ads!

Secret party list

Discussion in 'The 2024 Lone Star Round Up' started by 62nova, Feb 24, 2016.

1. 62nova

62nova

So who has the lowdown on where to go and when. I don't think anyone does congress anymore.

2. castirondude

castirondude

Few years back, Top Notch Burger was one of the not-on-congress places to go

lumberjack444 likes this.
  3. castirondude

castirondude

Last year there was a pretty detailed calendar of events. I brought my kids and while planning my days, a lot of the places did not list whether they were kid/family friendly. So when (anyone is) posting events can you please include whether they are family friendly?

4. DFWDenny

DFWDenny

Screw the elitists. I dig Congress. I do hit some of the off-Congress GTGs, but there is nothing better than parking front row and watching the show with a few bros and beers.

A32Flathead and Krash Vegas like this.

5. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/the-round-up-is-here.873336/#post-9629116

See post #4 on this thread old from 2014 (couldn't find 2015)
    I usually put a list together by taking the "official" Roundup list and adding the other events (mostly music-oriented) that get advertised for the weekend. I don't add the actual private events, even if I know about them. They are private.

I never thought about whether the events are kid-friendly or not. Anything at a bar probably isn't and anything at a shop or restaurant probably is.

I'll probably add one for this year as the event gets closer.

6. castirondude

castirondude

Exactly..
    I was looking the places up on Google to figure out whether they were bars or otherwise. I figured probably the original poster would know this and it's easily added to the table..

I grew up in Europe where a bar is seen as a social gathering place that also serves alcohol and it is commonplace for folks to bring their kids .. but not so in the USA.

CaddyRat likes this.
  7. 62nova

62nova

Don't know here either. My Austin bar days were during the punk rock 80s 90s and were kid friendly but not sure about family friendly. I'm waiting to hear about the plans at giddyups.

8. 46stude

46stude

LOL, sorry man. Its the people on Congress who are the elitists. I dig Top Notch because its just a bunch of car guys & gals hanging out at the drive in, grabbing a bite to eat & listening to some music. Congress is a whole 'nother world.

9. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Strugglers are putting on a party at South Austin Brewery, should be where the fun is at.

CaddyRat likes this.
  10. Its no secret - all of the nighttime parties and open house events are listed at http://lonestarroundup.com/schedule/

THURSDAY APRIL 7
    Start your weekend off right at The Round Up Kickoff BBQ sponsored by the Meatheads, Thunderbolts and Kontinentals car clubs - held from Noon to 4pm at Old Beyersville Hall, at FM 619 & CR 448 - Southeast of Taylor, Texas. Enjoy some great food, hospitality, and live music.

Later that night
    The Continental Club (1315 South Congress Ave.)
    10pm - Vicky Tafoya & The Big Beat
    Midnight - Southern Culture on the Skids

C-Boy's Heart & Soul (2008 South Congress Ave.)
    10pm - Soul Supporters

Top Notch Burgers (7525 Burnet Rd.) Roadside Preachers from DFW at 7pm Drive-In Movie to follow.

FRIDAY APRIL 8
    The Round Up Garage Crawl

Starts at 7am in Austin and cruises on to see lots of cool local garages and projects - then caravan over to Dell Children's Hospital to let the kids there have a look at the rides, before heading over to the Expo Center - Details here!

The show begins at the TRAVIS COUNTY EXPO CENTER - Gates 10am -6pm

$15 general admission wristbands are on sale to the public, good for admission all weekend - kids under 12 are FREE.

The car show kicks off at the Expo Center! Pre-registered attendees can pickup their registration packets all day at the front gate. Round Up swap meet begins and vending areas are open.

MUSIC ONSTAGE FRIDAY

11am - Surfing and Drag Racing with The Thunderchiefs

12:45pm - '60s Garage-fueled Rockers The Ugly Beats

2:30pm - Americana Country Blues Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band

4:30pm - Roots Rock and Rockabilly The Bellfuries

LATER THAT NIGHT:
    Cruise to South Austin for the Open House party at Austin Speed Shop (3507 Chapman Lane) 6-10pm - Hop Up Magazine Issue Release Party, DJ Coop will be spinning vinyl

The Model Citizens Car Club for the Giddy Up Git Down at Giddy Ups (12010 Manchaca Road) Lots of parking and live music.

Top Notch Burgers (7525 Burnet Rd.) Hellbound Eddie from California at 7pm Drive-In Movie to follow.

10pm - Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band

9pm - The Lost Counts
    Midnight - Vicky Tafoya & The Big Beat

SATURDAY APRIL 9
    The show continues at the TRAVIS COUNTY EXPO CENTER - Gates 10am -6pm

$15 general admission wristbands still on sale to the public - kids under 12 are FREE.

The car show keeps rolling at the Expo Center! Any pre-registered attendees who haven't picked up their registration, can pickup their packets at the entrance to the show parking. Round Up swap meet begins and vending areas are open.

MUSIC ONSTAGE SATURDAY

11am - Young Texas Blues Guitarist Dylan Bishop

12:45pm - Rock & Roll pianist, sister of Jerry Lee Lewis - Linda Gail Lewis

2:30pm - Queen of Rhythm and Blues Vicky Tafoya & The Big Beat

4pm - Presentation of Awards

4:30pm - Legendary Roots Rock band The Paladins

LATER THAT NIGHT:

Austin Speed Shop Party
    (3507 Chapman Lane) Entry with your Lonestar Round Up wristband, no exceptions. Doors at 6pm - Live music by Amplified Heat, Honky & Grady

Top Notch Burgers
    (7525 Burnet Rd.) Eve and The Exiles from Austin, TX at 6:30pm, Vicky Tafoya and the Big Beat at 8pm, Drive-In Movie to follow.

Strugglers CC Party at South Austin Brewery
    (415 East St. Elmo - right off South Congress) 6:30pm - Midnight, lots of free old car parking $5 at the door for music (all proceeds to pay bands) Lloyd Tripp 7pm, Don Leady and His Rockin' Revue8:30pm, Shaun Young and the Texas Blue Dots 10pm

8:30pm - Leroi Brothers
    10:15pm - Barfield

9pm - High School Caesar
    10:30pm - Jade Idol
    Midnight - The Bellfuries

SUNDAY APRIL 10
    THE SUNDAY SLOW RIDE TO THE OASIS
    Take a cruise starting at 10am at La Mancha Tex Mex Tavern (2203 Hancock Dr.) and making its way up a scenic hill country drive up to Oasis Texas Brewing Company (6612 Comanche Trail) enjoy lunch with a view high above Lake Travis that can’t be beat. 10am - 3pm. Plenty of free parking and great live music all afternoon.

Later that afternoon - Mercury Charlie's Hot Rods and Honeys Open House (9914 Hwy 290 West) Admission is free - party starts at 2pm. Live music by Patricia Vonne and Rosie Flores.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
    rixtasan likes this.
  11. oldspert

oldspert
    from Texas

What, no Dale Watson or Junior Brown appearances??

12. Junior Brown is on tour

13. Javier

Javier
    1. Strugglers C.C.

14. Javier

Javier
    1. Strugglers C.C.

image.jpeg
    Thursday Friday Saturday !!!
    6:00-10:00

3dnsouth and A32Flathead like this.
  15. jhexide

jhexide
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Widespread Panic playing @ Austin City Limits, Moody Theatre
    8th,9th,10th

Movinman likes this.
  16. Does anyone have an address that works on gps for the Old Beyersville Hall to get to the Thurs. show?

17. Here you go......

10450 Farm to Market Road 619, Taylor, TX 76574

18. Thanks,that works!

A32Flathead likes this.
  19. 62nova

62nova

2 days to go. I can smell the brisket already. Think I'll start cookin one tomorrow. you can't have too much brisket.

CaddyRat likes this.
  20. Convoi! Is playing at Badlands Friday night. They are truly a sight to behold.
    County+punk+nutribullet blender=Convoi!

21. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

YEAH ! What the Hell ! ! ! Oh, Junior is on tour ? Well, what about Dale ?

22. My God......The Paladins and The Bellfuries....damn fine music