Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 3rd Annual SWMO Hot Rod Hundred Reliability Run - March 26, 2016

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bchrismer, Jan 22, 2016.

1. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Looking forward to seeing that cool truck in person. Guess I better get out in the garage and get that broken off water pump bolt out that I have been ignoring for a month or so....

2. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Yeah I figured it would a fun way to do it just seeing who's got an extra seat. Gotta see what the schedule plays out like buy I'm pretty sure I don't need to pre register for shot gun :)

bchrismer and guthriesmith like this.
  3. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I sold the truck :eek: so unless I find a '40 Ford coupe in the next month, I'll be in the Nomad again

bchrismer likes this.
  4. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Oh, alright, I guess that'll do,,,,:D

5. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Well shoot if he's driving the nomad my whole family could hitch hike the route lol

6. No doubt! I was looking for a ride for a couple kids thinking I may be driving my pu. Sounds like Duncan may have some empty seats. :D

7. Hate to miss it! Y'all have fun.

8. cory27t

cory27t
    from US

We're going to miss you man.

9. Started on the trophies today. Only a month away!

10. willymakeit

willymakeit

Wish mine was ready. Almost there .Sigh.

11. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

When I posted that on the 22nd, I had no idea there would be a '40 on the local craigslist on the 28th and that I would buy it on the 29th. Looks like I'll be driving a '40 on the Hot Rod Hundred! :D
    [​IMG]

12. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

That leaves you a few days to change out those wheels haha ;)

13. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Isn't that the truth! There are several things I need to do to make it less streetroddy and more traditional!

14. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Nice!! What i meant to say was....Looking forward to seeing that 40 :p.

Guess I better start getting mine back together.:rolleyes:

15. A really fine start! Congrats!!! Looking forward to seeing it, and you too!

16. So much for my kids riding with Duncan... :rolleyes: Congrats on the 40. Hope to see it soon.

17. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

Arkiehotrods, that's a sweet 40'. Congratulations.

18. Leevon

Leevon
    from Nixa, MO

I'm in. I'll either hitch a ride (hey Jimmy!?) or get my old man to bring his '63 Nova wagon. Unless my '50 chevy gets wired up before then.

19. Just a few more weeks before the run. The extended forecast shows Sunny and 58 degrees.

The good news, for those of you who did not register before pre-registration closed: Day of the event registrations will be $30, and if anybody would like additional T-shirts, they will be available for $15/ea.

Yes, even though you may not have pre-registered, you can still show up the day of the event and participate. Day of event registration will end at 8:30am, so be sure to allow yourself time to get registered that morning.

Thanks to B-Scott Studios for doing a fantastic job on this year's artwork and event stickers!

guthriesmith likes this.
  20. gonmad

gonmad

Week away guys. C'mon over and go for a little ride with us!! Promise it'll be fuuuun!! LoL!

1959Nomad, bchrismer and guthriesmith like this.
  21. image.jpg Been trying to get my 58 ready to go. Working on important stuff like fixing wiring, adjusting brakes, fixing headlight adjusters, lowering, etc. ;)

arkiehotrods, cvstl and bchrismer like this.
  22. As it stands, right now, the count is at 100 on the registration form, including club members. I know that I talked to several more who said that they were going to show up and do a "day of" registration, so this will be the first Hot Rod Hundred event with more than 100 vehicles and around 200 people.

Our BBQ sandwich lunch will be provided by one of the SWMO Light for the Lost cook teams, and they are preparing food for around 250 people, and to quote the lead guy, "If anybody leaves hungry, it's their own fault."

T-shirts and event stickers will be in Springfield on Monday. Looking forward to seeing how they turned out. Hat's off to @bscottstudio for knocking it out of the ballpark with their work and quick service.

cory27t, guthriesmith and gonmad like this.
  23. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

57 5spks.JPG I'm really looking forward to a good visit and nice drive/scenery. Dennis Parks is going to ride with me. Thanks in advance to all who have worked so hard. 57 5spks.JPG

24. Looking good, Sam. Thanks for hauling Dennis around on this ride. That helps me out tremendously, as I was looking for a ride for him. Hard to get good photos when you are riding in the lead vehicle.

guthriesmith likes this.
  25. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Looking good Sam. Those Prestone jugs in the corner are reminding me that I better get a new freeze plug and get it in and tested ASAP, since we are now T minus 5 days......

26. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Look forward to seeing ya guys, We will be driving over in the Merc. May run with out my wheel covers this year give it a Hot rod look..

Winfield 1.jpg

gonmad and guthriesmith like this.
  27. Roothawg

Roothawg

Looks like the Nova wagon is going to Wisconsin this week, so I am on foot until the shop truck is finiahed.

28. Looking forward to seeing everyone! And, after seeing the pics of Sam's pickup, I confirmed my decision to go ahead and drop the rear of my truck another inch or so... ;)

29. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

My rear suspension has been a struggle for about 4 years now. I am finally satisfied with the ride. We'll visit about it. Sure looking forward to seeing everyone. We came out of church to an inch of snow yesterday morning. We had 80's last week. It looks like 60's sun and clouds for next Saturday.

30. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Its a rain-shine or snow event, so be prepared :D.