Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Candia New Hampshire swap meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ABONES, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Amherst NH is officially out for 2016 as well. Looks like Blevins is going to be the place. See ya all there; or at Fitchburg!

patmanta and ABONES like this.
  2. They have done a great job giving us a place to sell and buy our parts. I'll continue to support them and make this monthly event a success. Looking forward to the first event!

ABONES likes this.
  3. 32 hudson

32 hudson

I will also continue to support the Blevins event. Have the dates been announced ?

4. The37Kid

The37Kid

Two events I hope to make for the first time in 2016. Bob

5. Sporty45

Sporty45

I'm looking forward to getting there this year. :cool:

kasselyn29 likes this.
  6. mike bowling

mike bowling

I heard that the Drag Strip Flea is working to figure out a way so they're not colliding with Candia every month- I hope Candia retains rights to the last Sun of the month; it's kind of imbedded in my brain after 20 odd years ( some REALLY odd!). I just hope too many Swaps don't dry up the parts supply? Good parts at Candia, Small Block Chevy racing junk at the strip!!

I talked to Keith Blevens last year about giving the vendors 10 or 20 flyers for the Swap as they came through the gate. That way they could get distributed to a wider base if we all posted them or gave them to car clubs or gearheads in our individual locations. It could work out to cover most of New England. I may approach them about it again this year. I realize this shit costs money ( been there, done that), but I'd be willing to take 1 and make my own copies ( at work for free, HaHa)

The end of Sept. swap was pisser- lots of people and lots of parts. ( but no Coffee Goddess!)( Boo Hoo) We must insist on her return!! (Even if the coffee goes up to 2 bucks a cup!!) I missed Oct.- Family stuff ( top slot.)

In the meantime, get yer shit together, and talk this thing up to anyone that will listen ( NO HIPSTERS!! - send the LATTE' crowd to BRUNCH where they belong!!)

Hope you all are having a good winter--April's comin', Boys!!..................... Mike

7. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

Candia is the place to be on the last Sunday of the month. The Blevins family did a great job last year. If there could be an improvement, more advertising would be it.

patmanta and ABONES like this.
  8. 32 hudson

32 hudson

I heard that the Ned swap was going to be held on the same day as the nostalgia races which are are on Saturdays by the tentative schedule .

9. Looking forward to seeing Mike Bowling , Wheel dog 57, Patmanta and hopefully meeting some new people this year.

patmanta and TFoch like this.
  10. mike bowling

mike bowling

Aw, shucks, Rob we love you too!! ( make sure you bring yer Dad along; I've got a new selection of cool stuff for him to talk me out of!------( Joking ,of course- he's a COOL DUDE!)

If the Nostalgia show is on Sat., I can do BOTH and get a heapin' helpin' of Hot Rod Insanity!!!

"Laissez le bon temp rouler!" ( Let the good times Roll!--- for Ray, Josh, Steve, and all my French/ Canadian relatives over da border)

11. Pete

Pete

I'll be purchasing a season pass this year, going to ramp up on my selling this year.

biggeorge and patmanta like this.
  12. mike bowling

mike bowling

Sounds like an excellent idea, old boy! (Do you still have your pipe, or did Nick eat it??)

13. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

We will be doing Fitchburg to start the season likely. I WILL be vending at Candia, just not every time I go this year. Most of my junk is pretty specific as far as application, and the stuff EVERYBODY wants, well, that's MINE! Unless I score a ton more stuff that I know will sell like hotcakes, I'm going to split up my vending attendance with some browsing, buying, and shit-shooting visits so I get to walk around more.

14. mike bowling

mike bowling

ALERT!!
    Just talked to Clyde Kelton who was in touch with one of the Blevens brothers. Sounds like the estate is being settled and things aren't going smoothly.
    All 2nd hand info, but I called there yesterday and left a message for Keith and haven't heard back from him. I asked if they had a schedule yet, and fliers, and that I'd be happy to pass some out at upcoming events. Still waiting for a response, and will remain positive for now.

Need to know!!!

15. mike bowling

mike bowling

16. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

Estate? Egad, what happened over there?

17. mike bowling

mike bowling

Not an "estate" estate ( long driveway, fish ponds, butlers, maids, etc.)The father's "estate"- his property and belongings. Maybe it went into probate? ( which takes forever-lawyers involved) And it's getting straightened out now? Don't know.
    Sounds like trouble in Paradise though. ( We gotta find out where that coffee truck's gonna be!!)

May be SUNDAAAAAAAY!!!! at New England Dragway??

Not fact yet ( but I'm getting nervous). WE NEED INTEL!!

18. I asked on the facebook page about a schedule. Got a quick reply that says they are working on it. Sure we will find out soon whats going on.

19. Crossing our fingers.

20. gpohl6

gpohl6

Sorry to be a caveman, but that area of NH is within reach for me. When and where is/are the automotive flea market(s)? All I have been aware of was the huge weekend one around Mother's Day in Frankland, MA at the old "Tweeter Center". Does that still go on as well? Thanks for any new information!

21. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

You mean Franklin? It's now called the Xfinity Center, it's actually over the border in Mansfield and yes, it appears to be on May 14 & 15 this year:
    http://autoclub.ning.com/photo/cd72ags9

[​IMG]

I just sent my check in for the Fitchburg swap meet on April 17th, so I'll at least be doing that one.
    http://clubs.hemmings.com/earlyfordv8newengland/Fleamarket.htm

[​IMG]

22. I will be going to Fitchburg, but also Mansfield..that is a good one

patmanta likes this.
  23. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

Yeah Ben, Mike and I are planning to go to that

24. mike bowling

mike bowling

$80. bucks to vend? does that mean we get to mark everything up 300%? Holy Shit!
    $10. bucks to get in to SPEND money?? ( Hot dogs $15. bucks, Water $29.95)

I want my Amherst back!!!

25. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

I think that's 2 days.

26. mike bowling

mike bowling

I hope so- I may have over reacted in a negative way- my therapist won't like that (I may have to strangle her?) The thought of the swap meets disappearing has me very agitated. Double meds.

Just checked the Drag Strip schedule; Sunday Swap dates listed so far;
    April 24 - May 29 - June 26

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  27. gpohl6

gpohl6

Thanks for all the info!

patmanta likes this.
  28. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

I've actually considered having a Yard Sale. I wonder how much I could charge for spaces... I could fit like, 5 or 6 spots in my yard and convince my wife to sell coffee.

ABONES likes this.
  29. mike bowling

mike bowling

Car in your avatar is kick ass! Is it going on the street?

Support your local ( and not so local) Swap Meets!