Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rooms......Read this.....

Discussion in 'The 2024 Lone Star Round Up' started by A32Flathead, Feb 14, 2016.

1. I'd posted this in the 2015 one but it's gone now, but bears repeating....

The Moto GP Races are the same weekend as the Roundup, out at the F1 Track. The race attract's 200,000 or so people, it will be busy, very, very busy.

We used Air B&B, last time we went, we used Homeaway.com

See you in Texas!

2. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

A friend booked at La Quinta near the airport. Was $600 for 2 nights! Now they are full.

3. DFWDenny

DFWDenny

Several of us got the Best Western on I-35 and Oltorf. It's right on the south end of the Congress cruise zone.

4. matthew mcglothin

matthew mcglothin

Yeah the hotels are outrageous in town! We booked at the holiday inn in Elgin this year for $120 a night, just 20 minutes from the show on 290. Small town with only 3 hotels, that means no shitty Austin traffic

pecker head likes this.

5. castirondude

castirondude

You might want to try Lockhart as well - a little farther but you can shoot right up the 130 to Austin with a whopping 85 mph speed limit! :D

6. 62nova

62nova

Or Taylor if the Thursday BBQ is in your plans.

7. JJK

JJK

There is a new hotel in Midtown that just opened yall should check out if you're having issues booking. Its close to downtown, the event center, food etc etc http://thehighlanderaustin.com/

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016

8. Check the 1st post in this thread ;)

9. GeeRam

GeeRam

:D

10. JJK

JJK

changes made thanks

A32Flathead likes this.
  11. Look a little south of Austin at Buda TX. Buda is about 15 minutes from downtown Austin. Several new hotels have opened up in the past year. Easy access to Interstate 35 and lots of places to eat in the area.

12. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Yes Buda has some nice hotels. I've been staying behind Cabelas the past 3 roundups and use the toll way to go to and from the fairgronds avoiding all the traffic. However this year, Buda's close proximity to the racetrack means the hotels are full.

13. Red Roof on 35 had vacancies earlier in the month when I booked at 100, and I'm used to getting in there for around 75 bux... I was happy to stay under the 100 dollar range since it's harder to find one this year.

14. shadams

shadams

Got a house off of Air bnb for 300 for friday 3pm through sunday 12pm....nice place too....

there was still quite a few options too, although none very close to the show, ours if off east side of I-35

A32Flathead likes this.
  15. A couple of friends are headed out from the UK for the show and found a decent room for under $100 a night at a not too seedy motel

16. Toecutter

Toecutter

The La Quinta in Round Rock had some rooms available for $107 a night. It's only a 20 mile ride to the fair grounds.