Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1959 Cadillac Car Couch Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AV8R, Mar 23, 2015.

1. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

2. buford_59

buford_59

Hey AV8R, My club, Man.SRA is just completing a '59 Caddy couch. One of our members, Tim Salisbury, spearheaded the project. We will be debuting it at the WoW show the middle of March.
    We are going to be raffling it off (1 for $2, 3 for $5) over the summer. All the proceeds will be going to
    the Children's Rehabilitation Foundation, our clubs charity.
    The couch carcass cost us $500. The paint was sponsored by Rondex Ltd. ,the chrome by The Chrome Pit (big discount) and the upholstery by one of our members, Omer Gautron of Omer's Upholstery. Tim and his sons, Don and Derrick, did all the paint body and wiring on the couch.
    NashRodMan our couch weighs about 400 pounds and will take 4 guys to load unload it every time we take it to a show. Tim also built a case for it so we can prevent damage in transportation.
    Almost forgot, it comes with a double sided Gas Boy pump (smaller size). Not big enough for a bar fridge but, a cabinet could be made for the inside.
    I would love to post some pics but, I think it's at Omer's and I probably won't get to see it until the first show. I'll try to post some pics sooner than later.
    We'll also have it at our show, Rodarama, at the end of April. Check MSRA.MB.CA for details on the show.
    AV8R you couch is awesome. Enjoy, enjoy!!!!!
    DoUg

3. Dustyrelics

Dustyrelics

Well it may only be a 1/4 of a Caddy, but it probably weighs as much as 5/8 of a Honda.

4. First class job, a great way to repurpose old tin. Definitely on my to do list.

5. AV8R

AV8R

Thanks everyone!

I would have to agree with Buford_59, its close to 400 lbs. mine is around 350 lbs.