Register now to get rid of these ads!

Putting a Chrysler Industrial Hemi in a 52 Dodge truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DanBabb, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Sparky52Dodge

Sparky52Dodge

Is this an original heater? I wouldn't know.

Attached Files:

2. Sparky52Dodge

Sparky52Dodge

What was your final solution to engine cooling? I have read through and unless I missed something it looks like you did a mechanical fan for adequate cooling.

3. As far as the heater goes, I think a lot of heaters were dealer installed options, so there are many different types on the same year trucks. Mine looked different than what you show, but it doesn't mean yours is wrong.

I started with a mechanical fan, but it didn't pull enough air. I wound up buying an electric pusher fan (with as long an amp draw as I could find) and mounted it in front of the radiator. I don't think I had to make any modifications at all...it fit in the space behind the front grill bars. There was a plate behind the bumper that easily came out and I slid it up into place. I was running a 12v generator and the fan didn't run down the battery (but it was probably close). The new owner installed a new Genernator brand unit and he reported that the electrical system is a lot stronger with that.

4. Hello to anyone who may still have my build thread followed.

Got a cool message on facebook last week from the current owner (Brad) that Holley shot a video of the truck and posted it to their facebook page. Video here: https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=209334177725858

I looked, but it's not on youtube or the holley website, so you've got to have a facebook account to view it. Video is shot really well and cool to see my old build still gets attention when it's out.

ottoman and DBruce like this.
  5. Nice video, I know you miss that truck!

DanBabb likes this.
  6. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great video! That brought back some good memories. Hope you're doing well.

DanBabb and DBruce like this.
  7. 73RR

73RR

Dan, You did a great job on that truck and it still looks like a sleeper.
    Nice to see it is in, apparently, good hands.

DanBabb and DBruce like this.
  8. Hey guys...thanks for the comments. All is well in Chapel Hill. I've been working on a 65 Mustang fastback for the last 5 years. Looking to be done with that in the next year. @rockable , Is the car in your avatar the old coupe you were working on when I lived over in Summerfield?

9. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes!

DBruce likes this.
  10. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This one has a 361” ‘60 Chrysler. Definitely needed better brakes. 1969-70 with our son.. 8E9C5DAD-8B12-4F35-81C3-ACF6F4D703F4.jpeg