Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs wheel ideas

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brickhead07, Dec 28, 2015.

1. brickhead07

brickhead07
    from IL

You are a man of action, Moose...lol... I like that too.

2. brickhead07

brickhead07
    from IL

Hey Moose,
    The wife likes the silver top but she wants to know if you can remove the neighbor's nasty old fence...lol...

3. Moose I dig the color...just not sure about flake....pearl yes.....this car is class

4. OK....One more and I'll leave you alone. Pearl top and no fence for the Mrs.:D

no fence.jpg

King ford and Chavezk21 like this.
  5. You da man Moose...I like the other color better...just with pearl and no flake....moose your great at this.

6. Wow, Moose, you even fixed the hood! ;) Great job on removing the fence.

The wire wheels add even more class to an already classy car. To me, the flake roof looks tacky. That silver pearl or whatever it is in the last pic looks pretty good. Understated, rather than in-your-face.

King ford likes this.
  7. Yep.....couldn't agree more. This car is pure class..doesn't need flaked roof and a bunch of pinstriping to grab your attention

Late to the Party likes this.
  8. 29tudor

29tudor

What about a pearl white roof and ditch the tinted windows...?

9. jack_pine

jack_pine
    from Motor City

What about matching the roof color (hopefully, in a pearl color) with the same color in that front wheel cove? I have a clean, original 61 Coupe de Ville that I have gone through these similar gyrations only to land on wire wheels (I found gold Star Wires) and some kind of tastefully done white pearl roof. I have collected 100s of cool roof paint jobs, only to walk out to the car and go "ooh. No. Don’t ruin this car"

10. jack_pine

jack_pine
    from Motor City

I have to post this story I heard on a mens' clothing store radio commercial growing up in Chicago. A man comes home to see the lawn needs mowing. He remembers his dad cutting the grass in his suit, after work. He looks in the garage and sees the mower and thinks of the awesome suit he is wearing from this clothing store. Dramatic music plays in the background, seemingly to make the connection with his heroic father....only to have him say "what are you crazy? not in this suit"

Don't be crazy with your fine Lincoln automobile

11. 29tudor

29tudor

12. Here's a very tasteful, yet radical Lincoln for ya...

Attached Files:

13. 29tudor

29tudor

14. brickhead07

brickhead07
    from IL

Haven't done anything to the car yet this year. I received the wheels from truespoke and I must say, they are works of art. The diamondback tires with the beauty ring look great. I have not had the time to mount them on the car yet. Once we get a break in the weather, I plan on installing the wheels and getting the car professionally detailed. Still up in the air about doing any treatment on the roof.

15. brickhead07

brickhead07
    from IL

Finally had time to install the new wheels and of course, they don't fit properly. Removed all the weights from the drum like I was instructed to. The hub where the spokes lace into sits flush against the drum but the hub where the lugs are is approx 3/4" from the face of the drum. I tell ya, it's always something.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  16. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

I like the originals that are on there. They would look killer with big and little wide whites on a fendered Model A coupe.

17. brickhead07

brickhead07
    from IL

Talked to Dave over at Motorspot, on Memorial Day no less. After quite a bit of measuring, picture taking and emailing back and forth, he is having an adapter made so the wheel hub fits properly against the brake drum. Stated that if I'm not satisfied after I receive them, I can return the wheels and tires. A true class act.

hipster likes this.
  18. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Sorry dont understand how an adapter is gonna get you closer to the hub unless something is coming off the wheels???So Im assuming you figured out you are gonna have enough clearance between the wheel/tire and fender lip now? so spacer and longer studs?

19. brickhead07

brickhead07
    from IL

The face of the drum where the hub would sit is concave about 3/4". The bell of the wheel is resting flush against the outer edge of the brake drum, preventing it from sitting flat on the hub. He is going to make an adapter to fill that void.

20. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Yeah, so basicly a spacer (=adapter)and longer studs or adapter that bolts on and has different studs on adapter and you figured out you have enough space between tire and fender lip afterall.
    (oh, ok, see you edited out about no space between tire and fender)
    good luck with it.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
  21. brickhead07

brickhead07
    from IL

My picture taking skills aren't the greatest but you'll get the idea. The wheels look incredible.

Attached Files:

29tudor, low budget and 1-SHOT like this.
  22. slowmotion

slowmotion

Home run man. That thing's dripping class!

[​IMG]

low budget and 1-SHOT like this.
  23. verde742

verde742

IMO,, Get your best metal man to abbreviate the skirts, leave them on just make them smaller across the top and show MORE tire and wheel on vertical parts.

MOOSE, Clean up on #53 Please.!!!