Register now to get rid of these ads!

1949 Plymouth Suburban Photoshop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rumplestiltskin, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Rumplestiltskin

Rumplestiltskin
    from OK

I know some (most) find these ol' bombs repulsive, but I found a swingin deal on one, 95 horse engine and all:D :D . I really need a new project and want to pick this up and turn it into a sort of a panel wagon type deal. Here is a pic of a decent one (not the one I may buy) and was hoping someone would do me a fav and panel this sucka out! Maybe a few other goodies if ya will!

[​IMG]

2. g-lover51

g-lover51
    from Dallas Ga

Those are sweet little rides.

3. I think they are cool and I wish the 6 in a junkyard near me were in restorable condition.Odd rods for sure....

4. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is one of my all time favorite cars and one of these days I hope to have
    one. I would just update the running gear, lower it abunch and some mild scallopes. Then Drive it.

The second version would be kool to......

Good luck and cannot wait to see it on the road.

Happy Trails,

Mick

Attached Files:

5. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

a couple of more..... I sectioned one of them just becasue I could and I've decided to cut it up!!!

Attached Files:

6. Rumplestiltskin

Rumplestiltskin
    from OK

Thanks man! Thing would kick some ass! The one I am looking at was driven regularly until about a year ago and is mostly complete except for a taillight. I am just a little nervous about straying from the readily available world of 49-54 Chevs.....being a poor bastard and all. Just tired of my Chevy b/c anymore it seems as though everyone around has em'. Also get sick of the Jesse James comments. Anyhow, the guy only wants $1500.00 for it and I am thinking of trading my 50 for it instead of $$$.

anyone else feel like taking a poke at it? I won't be chopping it tough b/c I like it the way it is now!

7. Yeah.. i dig those too. I would just slam it.

8. rainh8r

rainh8r

I've seen a couple that were chopped w/hemi's. You can make them look, and run, really good.

9. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

I was game to buy one of these from Texas but the price started at $1300.00, then to $1000.00 then back to $1300.00 after I showed interest. I passed on it as the deal was beginning to smell bad. I do like 2 door wagons!

10. Rumplestiltskin

Rumplestiltskin
    from OK

bttt

couple mo' anyone?

11. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

dont be too worried about swaying from the popular chevs, there are still a few companies for original and hop up parts for this engine. it might even push 100 horses!!! i just sold my '52 coupe, a whopping 95hp! but a good cruiser, great on gas, and always had people asking about it. a few guys on here run these motors, and have done some awesome things with them. good luck if you decide to buy!! -josh

12. brown n down

brown n down

bagged
    channeled
    shaveddoor handles, locks, antenna, fuel filler, chrome fender trim

enjoy.

[​IMG]

13. I have a 49 and 52 plus I cut up another 50 for parts along with a 52 belevedere hardtop for parts

Attached Files:

14. I have a 54 almost completed....frenched headlights, shaved everything, one piece side glass...gave it a leaner look...it's in for paint right now...hope to be cruising it by June...I have a 53 that I bought for parts and am thinking of doing the panel think or slicing the roof off and making a loadster out of it

15. blueskies

blueskies
    from Idaho

I wouldn't be too worried about straying from readily available chevy stuff either, you can find just about everything you could ever need for the this wagon too. Some of the stainless parts are different for the wagon, as well as tail lights and bumper. But other than that, the rest is pretty much the same as the jillion other sedans that were made. The flathead six was used into the late 60's in everything from combines,water pumps, welders, airport tugs, etc. You can buy just about anything for the motor at your local NAPA and there are several sources of stuff like rods, cranks, etc. Drop in a factory overdrive and cruise at 75 all day long at 20 mpg.

Very cool little wagons for sure.

Pete

16. Zumo

Zumo

Do you have a high res pic of it? Send it to me. I'd like to play with it.

17. 53burb

53burb

I have a '53 Plymouth wagon and plan on doing alot to it if it does not sell. Alot of ideas planned for it. KNUX!

18. IGOR

IGOR

I don't remember who built it but I recall seeing one that someone chopped and lowered. It was in one of the "little books" from the 50's. I'll see if I can find it. Maybe someone else on here knows what I'm talking about. Looked cool anyways.

19. Okay, how's this?

Attached Files:

20. koolkemp

koolkemp

Heres a pic of my old 50 from about 15 yrs ago, had less than 2 g's in it on the road, it was a fun car ! My long term plan for it was to chop and convert it to a sedan delivery, 50's style kustom, unfortunately life got it the way as usual!

[​IMG]

21. mustangbrister

mustangbrister
    from louisiana

I just bought a 49 Plymouth Suburban, my plans are to turn it into a woodie for resale, seems to be a real market for the WOODIES

22. LODI3QTR

LODI3QTR

I hope it's not to late.... PLEASE DON'T DO IT !

23. LODI3QTR

LODI3QTR

This is my '50......
    IMG_3868.JPG IMG_3868 copy copy.jpg

exterminator likes this.
  24. Easy job this one... almost no mods at all....
    [​IMG]

southerncad and exterminator like this.
  25. murfman

murfman

Seeing as how it was 3 years ago, if he was going to do it it's probably already got termites IJS

26. exterminator

exterminator

Love those wagons!

27. LODI3QTR

LODI3QTR

I like it, Nice Clean Look

28. JOHN H EDGE

JOHN H EDGE

Just what the doctor ordered image.jpeg image.jpeg
    The guys in my shop wonder what I was doing with this wagon when i first brought it home. 100%stocker at first and then we started by lowering her with Detroit Eaton front/rear springs,fatman dropped uprights,relocate frt shocks,
    Bored motor .040,dual weber carbs,Fenton split exhaust manifolds,aluminum head,aluminum radiator,Coker wide whites,caddy hubcaps,electric overdrive trans,deluxe factory trim and more! Now she's the belle of the ball

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  29. Mopar Tony

Mopar Tony

Pretty cool to find this thread as I am looking at buying a 52 Plymouth Suburban to be my 52 Plymouth 2 door sedan sister car. I am supposed to pick up the suburban for $400 when this virus has passed. I think it'd look good with a 3 inch chop to match my sedan.
    upload_2020-4-17_10-31-47.png

30. The Plymouth wagon that was in the little book was George Cerney's. It was chopped, painted yellow and flamed. It had a Cadillac engine, and 1939 Chevrolet tail-lights. We had a chance to buy it in the 1970's when my partner was in California. It had been hit in the nose, and the price was $ 2500. Too much at that time, plus the cost of getting it to the east coast.