Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Lame power plants.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stubbsrodandcustom, Feb 1, 2016.

1. U-235

U-235

here's mine going in my 51 Ford...

Attached Files:

leadfootloon, Baumi and bretts351 like this.
  2. U-235

U-235

and in my Model A...

3. U-235

U-235

Again...

Attached Files:

Baumi likes this.
  4. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

My Tub,49 Merc The 303 is in the shop for my 47 Olds. Iam sure there will be alot more power for the buck there.

Attached Files:

5. To be honest, the whole intake/carbs came as a package deal and it was a bit of an impulse buy. I agree that a proper 3 deuce intake would be best but being in a 1 ton truck it's not like I'll be racing anyone.

6. There will always be an upper class that looks down its nose at the lower class. And a lower class that judges the upper class for being so uppity. That is humanity at its best. Hell I have even been bad mouthed in my time because I'm not Baptist, of course they never really asked if I was or not they just didn't like the cut of my cloths (SIC) or the length of my hair. Not that it really matters just an example.

Actually knowing the kid that posted the thread in the first place, an advantage that not everyone has, I know that the title and post #1 was sort of tongue in cheek. A way to open up the can of worms so to speak. The truth is that the worms have not been all that bad, some of them were even juicy and fat enough to catch a big ol fish.

Hmmn didn't know that.

If I had put (SIC) after I would not have caught another one. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
    snopeks garage and Flat Six Fix like this.
  7. Flat Six Fix

Flat Six Fix

Yup, thats what I like about you, "tell it like it is". and see the angles for what they are, and make it work with what you have.
    Some would think my Chrysler flathead 6 is a little lame, and she is a little slow, but am planning something , 265, hot cam, shave head, tri carb intake and split duals, that should be a bit more spirited than my stock 237 is now... PS my hair is a bit long for these days.....LOL

8. Well be glad that its not a 12 cylinder then instead of being a little lame it would be a lot lame. :D :D :D

Nothing wrong with what you got, you drive it and that's not all that bad. When you get the time or unction to change than change and if you don't than let 'em eat worms if they can't take a joke. ;)

9. LMFAO At least it isn't a "Target" motor. Sometimes a motor isn't as lame as it looks, they are kind of like people sometimes the lamest dorkiest looking SOB in town is the coolest kat to ever walk the face of the earth. ;)

Sax,
    I actually preferred Ford motors when I was first starting out. Partially because they were cheaper and partially because it was a challenge for me to make my Y blocks out run the small blocks. I was moderately successful at it. I was really successful at buying, trading and selling SBCs. It seemed like the kids who Mummy and Daddy were footing the bill always needed something a little faster and rather then pay me to tune what they had it was always the quest for newer and bigger and "better". Worked for me, I always had an SBC left over after the swap. ;)

The real reason I started playing with SBCs for myself had nothing to do with keeping up with the cool kids, and had everything to do with the fact that my Ol' Man didn't like them. Now I am just ruint. :D

I think in the whole scheme of things I really just like engines. Some I prefer some over others but I would "hot rod" anything that I could lay my hands on. Hell I built a souped up chainsaw motor for a kids go kart once. :D

'51 Norm and SR100 like this.
  10. Dam that thing is sick George! I'm making that pic into a poster to put In my living room.

Fordgasser1 likes this.
  11. weps

weps
    from auburn,IN

"Well be glad that its not a 12 cylinder then instead of being a little lame it would be a lot lame. :D:D:D"

my 12.jpg
    (Hanging Head) sorry guys

Jet96 and Max Gearhead like this.
  12. Maladjusted

Maladjusted

I really would have been mad if you started ridiculing the BBC engine! Apparently those engines came stock in 40 and 41 Willys!

13. slammed

slammed

1930587_10206177159009825_2032485744039443361_n_2.jpg Where kin ah find a set of these here valve covers for my 406 poker stroker circle track 450+horse 'street motor'? Squeal Weeee.weeee like NEd Beatty.

14. We already are unfortunately !!

15. trimph1

trimph1

I always thought a lame engine was a 4 banger from a Chrysler K-car.....:confused:o_O:eek:

16. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

You would think so. But the shop foreman from Shelby ran an compact MoPar of the day with one of those engines at El Mirage for a while and it was fast. I believe they had twin cam 4 valve hads for that engine. As before, I say almost any engine, in the right hands is anything but "Lame" I would not be excited by a '39 Chrysler flathead straight eight. Dave Dozier ran them at the drags and salt for years. Won his class at the Winternationals and went 250 at Bonneville with one. If you have the vision and talent and drive, anything can be cool.

SR100 likes this.
  17. That is lame and probably wouldn't fool Ray Charles.

Mick

'51 Norm, bigbore1934 and tb33anda3rd like this.
  18. OK I can't really see what I am looking at. Are those poly looking rocker covers on a ??????

19. 340HilbornDuster

340HilbornDuster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Flathead SBC.....now that's LAME!
    Imagine if someone put HEMI covers.on a SBC......Sacrilege....

20. Manager

Manager

Lame? Il'l show you lame.I'd kill for a SBC. But this still goes and I'm on the hunt.:)

Attached Files:

21. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Is that even a hot rod?
    One carb, stock ignition, no header, fenders and a hood. LOL
    Just kidding, if your heart, hands, head and arse is in the right place so will your car be!!

You know you can run better ignition, and two stock carbs on a homemade intake and drop the suspension or fenders regarding budget, and be just as cool as a SBC owner even with out breaking the bank. And still search what your heart desires.

26 T Ford RPU likes this.