Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects DAD'S NEW RIDE

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuced Up!, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well many of you saw my post about Dad's little Roadster Crash. If not:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/crazy-lucky-hot-rod-gods-watching-over-us.989846/

So I started a build thread on Dad's replacement rod, a Gasser Style, THAMES Panel van:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/1948-thames-panel-dads-new-ride.990947/

We are still going to start the Gasser Project but I just got to thinking that thing will be a couple of years before it is road worthy. Dad spent a lot of years working on the Roadster and going to a cruise-in or car shows is his passion. So after I negotiated a deal with State Farm on the Roadster I told him we needed to plunge him right back into the hobby as quickly as possible.

So we started looking here in the HAMB Classifieds. He narrowed it down to a handful of potential cars but we finally opted for a really nice '32 Three Window that needs little more than a engine and trans installed to be on the road again (both of which are sitting at the shop just waiting on a good home). It has always been a dream car for him, sort funny that it all comes about because of a nightmare situation. Anyway the deal is done and the car is in a trailer and on the way here. It will never replace the Roadster, but if you ask me, it is pretty damn good start LOL!

Anyway Dad's first name is Larry so I guess there is another 3 Window Larry in the making...LOL!

2. Photo's of the new ride? HRP

lothiandon1940 and volvobrynk like this.
  3. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry you were too quick for me. I had to jump over to another computer to upload the photos....

32_Soft light front.JPG

32_L1 side.JPG

IMG_1262.JPG

IMG_1296.JPG

4. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Boy that's a nice car.
    So happy for your dad (you too).
    BTW...there will never be another 3w Larry quite like 3w Larry!;)

5. Congratulations,that's a nice looking car,I especially like the old style 5 spokes. HRP

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. Saw that ad on here. Looks great and will be a quick trip to roadworthyness.

7. Good thing for you and dad is that new 3W should be a fairly easy to get on the road. Now make sure to get some seatbelts so he does not (potentially) hit his head on the roof!

volvobrynk likes this.
  8. Dad will love this.Good score.

9. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

YEP...there were a whole bunch of reasons I chose this car. Dad always wanted a three window, It will be a quick turn to get on the road, and most of all, the interior is not finished which means it is just begging for a CAGE!

volvobrynk and AHotRod like this.
  10. AHotRod

AHotRod

Perfect Hot Rod !!!

volvobrynk likes this.
  11. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Been on the road for two months now and Dad is really enjoying it...

20151017_145951 (1).jpeg

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  12. slowmotion

slowmotion

Looks great. I'm with HRP, really like those wheels on that style of coupe (& roadsters).

13. Does your dad plan on installing a hood? HRP

14. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes. We are doing a bit if body work on it first. Not going to run the sides though....

15. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Glad to hear that he's enjoying it. Looks like a fun ride.

16. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well the little deuce coupe has been on the road for a bit now getting ready for it's first season of car shows and cruising etc. Sunday is Dad's birthday and I think I got him the perfect gift. I mean what do you get a 67 year old teenager with a hot rod? Electric exhaust cut outs from Doug's Headers, that's what! LOL!

dec300ak.jpg
    I can't wait to get these installed. That little 327 sound so good uncorked that I hated to put exhaust on it. This will be the best of both worlds.

David Gersic and kevinwalshe like this.
  17. 4thhorseman

4thhorseman
    from SW Desert

Nice deuce! Loving the dual carbs.