Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Shoebox Ford advisors wanted!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dutchwonder, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Dutchwonder

Dutchwonder

Greetings Shoebox Friends,

I'm looking for all members on the H.A.M.B. who are experienced in Shoebox Ford restoration. The site I used to utilize is no longer up and running, and so I'll be looking for those with Shoebox experience to help answer questions in the future. I'm just posting this now to see what kind of response I get on this site, or if I should look elsewhere before I get too deep.

I love looking at all the projects anyhow. Just hoping there will be those who can help with mine as well, when the time comes around.

Thanks!

2. Dutchwonder

Dutchwonder

Btw - I am also aware of The Ford Barn as well, and am grateful for the link on this site.

3. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Lots and lots of knowledge/info here..Just ask..

4. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

5. Dutchwonder

Dutchwonder

Thanks! Unfortunately the link brings me a site that says "no information to show" and that I'm not important enough to post anything. :) Guessing I can't access it until I've posted a bit more. No worries though.

6. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

The link works fine with me,i guess you have to join in that forum,so you can see whats up in there?

7. You'll have to search the social forums for shoebox hambers and join it before you can see it. Welcome to the HAMB, there are several of us from the old shoeboxford.com site on here, lots of shoebox-related build threads and info. I'm fixing to start on a build here in a couple of weeks myself. Chris' new site (shoebox-central.com) also has forums in case you're looking for more specific info.

8. zip357

zip357
    from fresno,tx

Welcome and there's a lot of info here just ask people are always willing to help out.

9. Welcome, do you have any pics of your ride you can post?
    It's always nice to see new projects.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  10. Dutchwonder

Dutchwonder

Thank you! I have joined Shoebox-Central, although the forums still seem to be getting off the ground. I'll attempt the search for the shoebox hambers in a moment!

11. Try the social group shoe box hambers right here on the hamb. Sometimes just as easy to just do a shout out right here on the main page.

12. Dutchwonder

Dutchwonder

For those curious, yeah, here's a pic of my project. Grandpa bought it January 11, 1950, with 9,000 miles on it. It's #15446, so an earlier one. Flathead V8. Sat for 24 years at my cousins dairy farm (Grandpa had passed during that time), during which trees grew around it. Still rather solid, although there will be some decisions on chassis swap and such. Although the oil in the engine is still full and honey gold! My brother and I towed it to a friends barn where I've begun a tear down, although I'm still seeking a more permanent garage. Not too far in though yet, because Fall was crazy, and winters in Michigan are cold.

Yeah, it's going to take some time, so I put a 10 year time table on it. I have some great contacts though, so I'm excited. It may look like it was sunk in the ground, but there were tires under the frame supporting it up. After 24 years of sitting there, all 4 tires held air! Oh, and the last pic is in 1991, when we first wheeled it out of "storage" and towed it to the farm.

DSC03012.JPG DSC03032.JPG DSC03063.JPG

DSC03067.JPG DSC03066.JPG DSC03069.JPG DSC03013.JPG

13. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

hey, that is show car condition - pics from Sacramento Autorama DSCN5368.JPG DSCN5348.JPG

14. Dutchwonder

Dutchwonder

15. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The shoebox HAMB link worked fine for me 15 pages of info.
    Interesting back window with the pseudo merc splits, at least I presume the are pseudo.
    At least you have a complete tudor although a little rust. Leave it on the original frame though. Just fix it up to suit your self.

16. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Interesting rear window and rear sail panel treatment , looks like it has a hood ornament bullnose also ...
    Good to see the old 49 being brought back to life. Mine took 5 years, and it's not done yet, but drivable. My build thread is in my signature below.

17. Your best approach would be to just post your questions. If you want a list of "advisors" you can work with directly you are asking for trouble. If one of them makes a mistake in a direct communication there will be nobody to correct it. Also, no-one except you will benefit from the answers. That is what these forums are about. Try a couple of questions and see what you get.

Charlie Stephens

18. Dutchwonder

Dutchwonder

Thanks everyone! Yeah, the add-on's along the back window and c-pillars were something Grandpa did way back when. I did find the shoebox HAMBers, and so I'll eventually be posting any questions on that forum.

Relieved to see access still to tons of shoebox information!

19. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Yes, loads of us shoeboxers here on the HAMB.