Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Faith in the HAMB

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Doodlrodz, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Model T1

Model T1

It's not just the HAMB, Craigslist, or any one place. It's that bad apple syndrome. Just one screws it up for many who suddenly don't trust anyone.
    I've read some scary stories lately about people placing adds in various places and being robbed when someone comes to the house.
    It's a strange world out there and way too many lazy no good people out of work needing drug money and food.
    We need more people with nice reports of deals gone good rather than sour. Thanks Doodlrodz

2. yruhot

yruhot

So nice to hear a good story for a change. I bought a t-5 from a fellow in okla. about 6 months ago and Id been burned before on here and it was everything he said it was. Did a great job boxing it up. took like 90 minutes to uncrate the thing. But all in all a great experience.yruhot

3. Glad to see you had a good experience Doodlrodz. Also glad to see you are still building them. I have enjoyed bringing you the ones that I have in the past!
    Bill

4. The37Kid

The37Kid

Welcome to the HAMB, really nice to know this sale went well for both of you. Looks like you have a '31 Vicky or Fordor, hope the wheel money keeps your projects rolling. Bob

5. clem

clem

Cris, welcome to the Hamb.
    (now you have two posts ).

6. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Awesome out come , so with caution you get your reward. I was looking to but some parts on here but the HAMBer just uses the HAMB to sell parts with no other posts so I lost my enthusiasm.

7. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

It's OTE="Doodlrodz, post: 11395527, member: 11689"]I've been buying a lot of stuff lately for another build and most of it has been on here. When I get something I'm not thrilled with I can usually look back and see that I didn't ask enough questions or didn't look at the pictures good enough, or just plain had too much coffee that morning. It's not very often that I can say a seller has really been misleading about an item on here.[/QUOTE]
    It's refreshing to hear a good story and not the 2% of A-holes jerks out there . Now let's see some progress on the doodlebug :D

8. SicSpeed

SicSpeed
    from Idaho

I recently bought a set of Lincoln caps for my son's 37 here on the Hamb. The pic's were good but looked like there was some problems with creases, ( it was reflected light ) but the seller assured me they were in very good shape with only very minor damage to one of the 5 and one very small ding in another. I received them fairly quick and was more than happy. I can fix the worst of the
    lot .
    Thanks to CM3112 for his honesty and accurate description of the parts.

9. jkflathead

jkflathead

I got stiffed for $1,000.00 by "stickshiftkustoms" aka Terry Ahearn who lives in Florence KY. He had a "coupster" for sale, a 1929 Ford Sport Coupe body. Was going to ship it air freight for free. That was almost three months ago. I have filed a complaint and have an active case with the USPS Inspectors Office. We'll see. Remember, if it sounds to good to be true, it probably isn't.

turboroadster likes this.
  10. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A car body shipped air freight for free? That should have tipped you off right there.

11. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

Nice to hear. I am weary of buying wheels on the HAMB. I have bought (and got screwed on) 2 pairs of wheels on here from well-known HAMBers. One set went straight to the recycler. The other I sold cheaper and disclosed the damage.

All of my other dealings on the HAMB have been great though.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  12. I have nothing but good to say. I bought parts from @corndog and @phat rat picked them up and brought them to me. Went really smooth.

13. Other than the guy who never sent me a cent for the copies I made of the Marquette Engine Diagnostic manual, all the folks here have been 1st class. The guy was so happy to get it, then forgot all about me. Hope he does somebody right down the line, the only thing to do in that case is to keep paying forward.

14. Jet96

Jet96
    from WY

I've bought all kinds of stuff from a shift knob (Piel's tap handle) to a whole '34 pickup that Bill delivered and trannys and manifolds and perches etc. and it's been fine.

15. 5window

5window

Now, he's got a rep-for a start

16. 5window

5window

If you're talking Bill of Bill's Auto Works., now there is a man with a reputation. AAAAA rating and well deserved and honestly earned.

17. Jet96

Jet96
    from WY

Yes indeedy. Bill of Bill's Auto Works ! I should have made that clear. Thanks

5window likes this.
  18. gotit

gotit

I just bought some spindles from corn dog and couldn't be happier. He was easy to deal with and would recommend him.

19. MARKDTN

MARKDTN

I also had a great experience last week with LIONHEART. Bought a $4 part that came in 2 days and it was exactly what was described and very well packed. He called to tell me it was coming and when I should see it. I left good feedback because it was well deserved. There are good people out there.

20. Binger

Binger
    from wyoming

I had a great experience with a HAMBer from Colorado. Bought an alternator for my A coupe project. It was in the mail before he got my check. Couldn't be happier with the part. Also a couple years ago a fellow HAMBer sent me some extra springs for a set of Delco-Lovejoy shocks I was rebuilding. Just sent them to me as he had extras. I have more faith in the HAMB than most places.

21. jkflathead

jkflathead

I got a USPS money order for the $1K that "stickshiftkustoms" owed me for the "coupster" that he failed to send me. I kept e-mailing him and leaving phone messages. Persistence paid off or maybe the Feds contacted him. A lesson learned! jk

El Caballo likes this.
  22. 31ster

31ster

I Go
    I got ripped off by that asshole also, but he had a different screenname. Reported it to ryan but nothing ever came of it. A friend of mine bought a bunch of stuff from him but once I told him of my deal he drove from the midwest to ky and showed up at his door. Ol terry wasn't expecting that hahah

23. 31ster

31ster

I think he used the name gone wrong at the time, then he later got banned

24. jkflathead

jkflathead

I was very surprised to get reimbursed. Now I have to find another cheap model A body. jk