Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Faith in the HAMB

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Doodlrodz, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Doodlrodz

Doodlrodz
    Member Emeritus

There's a lot of negative stuff about sellers lately and I just wanted to say I ran into a guy on here from Texas that had some wheels and tires for sale on here. I almost always try to be cautious unless it's one of those things you just feel like you have to jump right on it. Anyway I check out the guys profile and he hasn't been on here that long and only has ONE post well big red flag pops up in my head but it's the HAMB so I contact him and ask about the wheels to see if they're old or reproductions, he thought they were old but didn't sound sure so now I'm getting a little nervous. We go back and forth for several days and finally I decide to buy them if he can ship 'em reasonable. I must add that I was a little edgier than usual because a good friend of mine has recently been screwed over by a guy from Kentucky on here who will soon be changing his avatar to "Leroy's Bitch" as the Feds are on his tail. Anyway I ask the seller how he wants to be paid and he says he doesn't want any money until he ships the wheels????? I'm thinking ok I haven't heard this one before, next day I get an email with pictures of the wheels on a cart in the Greyhound terminal another pic. of the invoice and the tracking info. Well today I went to Greyhound and picked up the wheels, they were wrapped the best I've ever seen, they were better than described, they're original adjustable spoke Kelsey's with never run Firestone big'n little's. I'm beyond pleased and just wanted to say there are some great guys on here and Cris with one post is one of the best you'll ever find. Yeah you got to be cautious anywhere now days but have faith in the HAMB.

2. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

Good for you. I have to say that I had a very good experience with a purchase on here as well. I have pictures of your Doodlrod. I have studied it for some time now. I have the parts to build one. I need to get started.

3. Doodlrodz

Doodlrodz
    Member Emeritus

That's what I'm collecting parts for and hope to get back out in the garage soon.

4. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Man that's a hell of a lot of faith. Glad it went well and my praise for the seller. Hope to see him on here for many years.

BUT. You must not have been had bad enough yet. Old saying screw me once shame on you. Screw me twice shame on me. Be cautious in buying. Very cautious. Don't buy from anyone anywhere on the web without some kind of reputation to go on.

Model T1 and 1927graham like this.

5. Always nice to hear good. You need to go give him some good feedback if you haven't already.

6. Glad to hear it, there's still good folks out there.

40fordtudor likes this.
  7. blackanblue

blackanblue

Huge leap of faith glad it worked out for you. I had to google doodlerod all I got was doodlebug basicly a banger converted to a sort of tractor,my neighbour has one he uses on his Christmas tree farm,he will probley take it to his grave along with his wood power boat.

8. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

9. Good to hear, just be careful.

10. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

I'd rather read about deals gone good, than the deals gone bad stuff! Joe

11. 2935ford

2935ford

We all like these stories!
    Good stuff! :)

40fordtudor likes this.
  12. Damn good story.Hope you gave him a seller star.

13. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Goes some way at restoring my faith in HAMB sales. Mine was a costly exercise by the time the part arrived down here, wouldn't fit and was not as described; looked like it would and was told it would! Funny seller wouldn't correspond anymore once he'd received my PayPal funds. Kudos to you and the seller.

14. LOWDUG37

LOWDUG37

Good news,everyone I have dealt with on here has been a good experience both ways.

40fordtudor likes this.
  15. mrquickwhip

mrquickwhip

Nice thread....hopefully the guy will see your thread and thank you for the well deserved praise

40fordtudor likes this.
  16. dudley32

dudley32

There's a lot of good guys on here...you just don't hear too much about them...it's the other guys that get talked about...good for you Doodlrodz...

40fordtudor likes this.
  17. Doodlrodz

Doodlrodz
    Member Emeritus

I've been buying a lot of stuff lately for another build and most of it has been on here. When I get something I'm not thrilled with I can usually look back and see that I didn't ask enough questions or didn't look at the pictures good enough, or just plain had too much coffee that morning. It's not very often that I can say a seller has really been misleading about an item on here.

18. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just bought a part off of here that was in the classifieds. New member and less that a week on here and his first post was the ad. Way more than a little leery. The guy give me a number and I called him and he seemed on the up and up so I took the leap of faith and trusted in humanity. It worked out for me, but I probably wouldn't have done it without the phone conversation.

19. roundvalley

roundvalley

Leave him an attaboy on his TRADE PROFILE. It is there, but many people do not use it.

20. Gman0046

Gman0046

Whats with "Leroys Bitch"? I'm from Kentucky and would like to know who's screwing people in my area.

21. Good to hear! Thanks

22. mike bowling

mike bowling

Nice that you posted about a good encounter, instead of a bad one.
    Only time I've been porked was on Fordbarn by a "senior member" in California. I was pretty surprised, but I stay in touch- I still have his home address and phone number. Every once in a while I e-mail him and say I'm going to be on the West Coast and may drop by. (Keep him on his toes.)
    Fortunately it was only $150. bucks ; a cheap education.

23. frosty-49

frosty-49

Had a good deal with a fellow in Colorado. I was the classifieds one sunday morning and came across a guy who wanted to swap intakes for a flathead. I had a fresh 2 deuce , and he had a 3 deuce that was running on his car. I gave some cash and we flip flopped in the mail. Detailed the carbs out and have been running them for a few tears now. I believe he was mr.flatty, but a good deal all around.

24. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@ Doodlrodz, that is what the old HAMB was like. Believe it or not, there are many lurkers that are here that do not post, but are as good as gold. Some pretty big names are lurkers as well.

40fordtudor and 117harv like this.
  25. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Geesh and no photos! Let's seem them wheels! ;)

40fordtudor and clem like this.
  26. Gary: There was a thread last couple of days about a member that was "taken advantage" of by another hamber. Not the first time by same offender. I'll try to find the thread and P{M you. Tim

27. Stickshiftcustoms

28. engine138

engine138
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Commack NY

Glad you had a good transaction
    Doodlrodz
    Always good to check them out before the deal is made

29. Doodlrodz

Doodlrodz
    Member Emeritus

Little dusty but here they are. kelsey\'s 001 (640x480).jpg

30. cris pierson

cris pierson

Wow doodlrodz, thanks for the great feedback. I was looking earlier today trying to figure out how to leave some positive buyer feedback. Pleasure doing business with you. Can't wait to see them on your car!