Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Help!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CalGasser, Feb 17, 2016.

1. CalGasser

CalGasser

Anyone have any direct contacts with COMP CAMS? I've tried calling, left message to return my call, Facebook, left message on line for over a week but not call back - what gives? Recording says customer service is the first priority...yeah? Are they so big now that us little guys don't matter anymore? All I needed to find out was a valve lash setting and I can't even get that - hate to have to replace a part!

2. See if they have more than one number. I don't have the number handy but whenever I have called either someone answered or I was put on hold to wait for a technician.

As for your valve lash what cam are you wanting to run? Someone on here probably knows your valve lash. I assume that it is a solid lifter cam?

3. i have found with big companies and government agencies, that dialing the wrong department or wrong extension will get a person that will transfer you to the right party. calling dmv is like that. dial the health department extension, or maintenance and THEY will get you through. just play dumb.[easy for me]

4. CalGasser

CalGasser

I can't get through period and they won't return calls or emails after I requested one, even went to their Facebook page - some customer support huh? The number I have is on the cam card - (800)999-0853. I'm sure someone checks their phone messages or emails, I'm VERY disappointed!
    The grind # is CS 288A-R6 and P/N 12-900-9. My question is the card shows a valve adjustment of .020" intake and .022" exhaust - is this a cold or hot setting? If anyone can shed some light on this, I'd sure appreciate it.

5. Hot

You set it cold light it off bring it to temp and run 'em again.

6. aaggie

aaggie

Try (901)795-2400, it's the main number and then transfer to the help desk. I have always had good results with their products.

7. CalGasser

CalGasser

Thanks for feedback guys!