Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Oh no not another Willys Gasser build, this time a Willys shop truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by langy, Dec 8, 2013.

1. rottenleonard

rottenleonard

Are you still planning on making molds off this cab and producing them? I for one would like to see the Langy approach to fiberglass molds. I have a WW II aviation drop tank that we were considering trying to pull a mold off of.

2. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Yes we are preparing the body for moulding from at the moment, It will be in epoxy primer when we mould from it. Will try and remember to get pics

3. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

I popped into my mate the chromer this morning and he presented me with my heater control panel parts, all nicely replated [​IMG]

This is how they looked when I got them

[​IMG]

And now replated

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

nunattax and loudbang like this.
  4. Roothawg

Roothawg

5. rottenleonard

rottenleonard

Where did you go man? We need updates.

OahuEli likes this.
  6. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

Come on Langy we need some more inspiration!

OahuEli likes this.
  7. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Lost my mojo with this site a bit, it's not like it used to be in my opinion

8. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

Steve, I am sorry to hear that.... It is threads like yours that I look forward to and that originally brought on my HAMB addiction. All things change I guess and the outcome is not always to my liking. Are you posting on some other type of site? If so I will try to connect and hopefully be able to follow along.

Sam

loudbang likes this.
  9. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

I miss your posts too Steve.
    Maybe you need a little of this.

[​IMG]

loudbang likes this.
  10. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

ditto for me you are an awesome fabricator and really assemble a beautiful vehicle to be proud of , hope you post more of your build , I skip a lot of threads , but I always read yours

loudbang likes this.
  11. greaser

greaser

I always enjoy reading your posts, Steve. You have amazing vision and talent. Hope you find your mojo and continue posting as in the past.
    I'm not sure why some members are losing interest in this site. Hope you all get it back, or most of us will be seeing more rodents and compacts with fat mufflers.

12. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Cheers bud, hopefully I can rekindle my interest in this site, it used to be such a great place to come and talk cars, a lot of the people I met through this site seemed to have just disappeared ???

13. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Steve, you better hang on to this site, after all, you keep getting kicked off of Facebook ! :D:D:D:D:D

Don

langy likes this.
  14. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Dons been telling stories then hahaha

loudbang likes this.
  15. Another vote to carry on.

langy likes this.
  16. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Hi Steve.Please hang around.Very much enjoy your threads,and the quality of your work.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

langy likes this.
  17. Stuwillys

Stuwillys

Always enjoy your build threads. Your very talented. Please continue.

langy likes this.
  18. We are all still here - just been busy! You know I am always loving your builds ...

langy likes this.
  19. jays41willys

jays41willys
    from nj

hey steve would love that license plate holder you have on your trunk.i will pay cash for one.i need one for my willys..thanks jay.from nj

loudbang and langy like this.
  20. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Yeah, I hear Sue has to come on and say "Steve has been given a little time out and will be back in a few days !"

You rascal, you !

Don

langy and loudbang like this.
  21. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Some people are just a bit touchy mate !!!

22. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Sorry bud but I only make one of anything, I'm sure you understand.

23. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Guys thanks for thumbs up, I will probably get around to updating eventually but I recently expanded my shop to supplying more parts and it's gone a lot busier than I anticipated and I'm finding it difficult to find the time to work on projects let alone updating threads as well !!!
    It's a real shame what has happened here as I think it had a real good feel to it, I enjoyed the conversation and banter but it doesn't seem to be the same since the big change, don't know why though ???
    I made some very good friends through here and many either don't post anymore or have just dissapeared ???

loudbang likes this.
  24. Steve,

you have plenty of friends here, you just haven't met them yet.....

appreciate your posts, and creativity, not to forget the effort to update, so, if nothing else, there are plenty here who are thankful for taking the time.

Cheers,

Drewfus

25. farmer12

farmer12

I'm also miss the old site, also finding it difficult to find things.......it has all changed. But I'll stick around, just not as active as before. Hope you will too mate!

langy and loudbang like this.
  26. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Steve, some time back, you put out your thoughts regarding the "like" button.
    Not to put my words in your mouth here, but I think people have just gotten lazy and think that clicking that silly thing is all they need to do as their contribution here.
    There is just no replacement to putting words to paper (so to speak).
    I do think people got tired of commenting because of the way some of our past members just felt a need to crap on anything that didn't match up to their POV.
    Hoping when things get quieter for you that you will start sending some more shots of that cool aluminium stuff you make.
    Doug

langy likes this.
  27. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

I think your right dude, the like button kills conversation in my opinion, no banter needed any longer

28. I do have to agreed with you DDDenny and Langy I didn't start using the like button till just a while back and most of the time when I do use it, it is because I like the car or workmanship that is being showing, and sometimes if the person has a very good point that they are trying to put across about something. I came on board just as the site was being changed so I don't really know how it was back before the change was made. I truely do have to say that it has helped me out on several things and very much appreciate the help that all the other HAMBER'S have giving me. There are somethings that others have said and done that I don't always agree with and it hard to hold my tongue so I do say something about it but most of the time I do apologize after the person reply's back. I mostly use the site for the Gasser information and the talents of the builds ideas. But lately I have noticed that a lot of the guys I do follow have kinda disappeared and you hear from them time to time. Langy, I can see where you are getting burn out on the site and do need a break but as I said your workmanship just make me work at making my workmanship better. I have had several people want me to do a build thread on my Willys, but being without steady work I can only get things done as I have money to do them. My big hold up right now is I need money to sand blast my frame and with winter being here the come and go work has not been there so I have being redoing my shop and making it a more workable shop, so I can understand why you are taking a step back and not being seen here much. I guess what I am saying is if a guy needs a break then you just have to do it. When I find myself being overwhelmed I move to something else and soon find myself back at it again. So take the time you need and who know you may find yourself back sharing the great work that we all like seeing. In my case my plan is to get the frame blasted and that thread that I have said I will do may just show up one of these days. As you have seen I have done mini threads on things that I do get done. Hopefully my long reply has not bored anyone and I myself will be awaiting your return. My Willy's will be no show stopper as some are but it will be the way I want it. Fellow Hamber 38 Sedan.

langy likes this.
  29. Never thought about the "like" button in that way - interesting .....

30. rottenleonard

rottenleonard

I never even noticed the like button.