Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest HOTRODPRIMER is in Sick Bay...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by seadog, Feb 13, 2016.

1. I can't speak for Danny but for me anything that is made from Poppies is in danger of being abused. :eek: :oops:

Knee replacement is rough. Any joint replacement is rough. I really feel for someone that us having it done.

ladyhrp and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  2. I have had both shoulders done. For me I am better off without meds. Pain is pain but the meds are fucked up! I want to know when I am getting kicked in the balls. JMO
    Feel better HRP!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  3. abner36

abner36

not sure how I missed this, sorry to hear of the fall HRP been wondering why I haven't seen your name much hoping for a speedy recovery.

4. stimpy

stimpy

Hey Danny when they do the bodywork you better specify the yellow primer unless you want the primer to match your hair !! and a grey shoulder will look a little out of place .

5. oj

oj

Talking about falls, what Atwater Mike said reminded me of how Willie Glass died, he had hurt his foot and on a crutch. He was going downstairs, got overcenter on the crutch and it polevaulted him forward down the stairs headfirst.
    R.I.P. Willie, you are missed.

6. hrp, your in good company "doing your own stunts"
    Fred Astaire was amazing on his feet, but in my opinion he is second to Gene Kelly. light on his feet and athletic.

7. wingman9

wingman9
    from left coast

Well, Danny, that sure as hell shoots a hole in your NFL quarterback aspirations (just in case you had any) Get well quickly.

8. Ford52PU

Ford52PU
    from PA

Always make sure to read your posts! Hope you heal quickly. Get well soon.

9. Starting to worry about you!:confused:
    I don't come over for a week and you are talking about being light on your feet!:eek:

ladyhrp, HOTRODPRIMER and tb33anda3rd like this.
  10. Hope you have a speedy recovery HRP!

11. So sorry to hear, Danny - get well soon, please but regardless of what and how it happened, thank you for being the kind person that you are for always helping out .....

12. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Seemed a little quiet around here... know we know why. Get well HRP!

ladyhrp likes this.
  13. Beano my friend,I can assure you my will has not been altered and as much as I like you the old black beater has a permanent home.

Thank you so much Tom. HRP

ladyhrp and dana barlow like this.
  14. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

Danny, shoulders take a while to heal, sit back for a while and listen to the Doc.
    Tony

15. Fedman

Fedman

I have been away........ so sorry to hear about this Mr. HRP.
    Please take the time to heal up, get back to speed, and then giver Hell!
    The Deuce Run needs you healthy, All the Best Positive Vibes being sent your way...... :)

16. Wishing you the best Danny! Get well soon man....you're a pillar of this community!

17. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hasn't stopped Tony Romo! Get well quick Danny!.

18. Old TFFdriver

Old TFFdriver
    from California

I have been through 3 shoulder surgeries. Over a period of 16 years on the same shoulder. I have had 5 knee surgeries and broken my back in two places along with multiple other bones.

Trust me on this....shoulders are the worst...only thing worse was my back when it actually happened..but even so the titanium pin in my shoulder still bothers me more today than my spine...

As somebody who has been there done that please....,STAY OF THE PAIN MEDS if at all possible... I feel for you and if you need anything please contact me!
    Hope you have a great evening!

19. MP&C

MP&C

Danny, best wishes for a speedy recovery..

20. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

Danny, really sorry to hear this. We just don't bounce the way we used to. Praying for a quick recovery buddy.
    Lee

21. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

HRP, Please get better soon!

22. 26 roadster

26 roadster

wishing for a speedy recovery Danny

23. LOL you don't have to alter your will at all, I'll just send you a piece of paper and all you have to do is sign it.:D

The truth is that I truly hope that you are still driving that old heap when I check out. That car is you my friend. I really am not that impressed with most deuces, but I do really like yours. The operative word being "yours" here.

All that said I would not be ashamed to be driving the red street rod. It would take time and effort to reduce it to a "bean car" but I still wouldn't mind doing it and driving it the whole while. Someone will own a nice one when that one changes hands. ;)

So tell me this, you feelin alright? The doc is keeping you comfortable?

ladyhrp, dana barlow and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  24. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I am a former addict/alcoholic, so like the beaner, I steer well clear of opiates. Couple years ago, I went in the hospital for surgery on a deviated septum. My blood pressure is normally around 125/90. So its the middle of the night, and I am in recovery, the nurse comes in and asks me if I need any pain meds. I am in "some discomfort", but I tell her "no, I'm ok, I'm gonna tough it out." So she checks my vitals, and says "I strongly suggest that you should probably take something, you may think you are ok, but your body is saying something else. Your blood pressure is 189 over 112.":eek: I took the meds.:p But yes, I agree, for the most part I would try to get off them as quickly as possible.

25. Danny: Just saw your wagon in a coker add on hemmings. It was linked to an e-mail from one of my brothers. The e-mail showed a new exhibit at the Corvette Museum. They have now incorporated the sink hole into the museum tour. That seems sort of "beneath" them to me.

26. that is making lemonade from lemons. brilliant marketing.

27. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

I read that the sinkhole deal alone brought much more foot traffic to the museum.
    I toured the assembly plant around 1984, I'd reccomend either tour to anyone considering doing so, though I have heard that the plant tour is much more limited nowadays as to what they let you see.

ladyhrp likes this.
  28. I would like to see that e-mail,and the question that begs what does a 1954 Ford " Ranch Wagon" a sink hole and the Corvette Museum have in common. HRP

29. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Answer:
    They are all a big hole where you throw all your money into.