Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest HOTRODPRIMER is in Sick Bay...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by seadog, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Model T1

Model T1

Take it easy Beaner. I'm not posting any cat pictures for you. You'd probably BBQ it anyway!
    Okay maybe just one cat to make you feel better.
    You're gonna have to share it with Danny. This is his feel better thread.
    Art Print (2C).jpg

2. 1badbaker

1badbaker

Very sorry to hear, get better soon!

ladyhrp and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  3. Lou39

Lou39
    from Cedar, MI

Sorry for your accident...I had a complete shoulder repacement 3 years ago and it went very well.
    A word of advice..do the therapy, make it a religion, and you'll be back to wrenching in no time.
    Godspeed.

ladyhrp, H380 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  4. Nailhead Brooklyn

Nailhead Brooklyn

5. verde742

verde742

:)I love Primer on Hot Rods, so I always read what HRP has to say,

didn't like reading about falling, :eek: the curse of the aging process.

Do the therapy !!!!;) good wishes yer way..:cool:

6. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry to hear about your injury. Hope you heal up fast, and all goes well. Take care.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  7. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:DEspecially mind Miss Brenda.And Miss Brenda,IF he don`t behave you have my permission to put him across your knee and whup him:rolleyes::p.Get well soon sir.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

ladyhrp, Model T1 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  8. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Just saw this Danny, get well soon.

B:)B

9. Johnboy34

Johnboy34
    from Seattle,Wa

Prayers to ya, and to the sawbones that gonna be puttin ya back together. ;)
    upload_2016-2-15_19-26-14.jpeg

10. So? Are ya well yet? Here's a nice photo of my cat.
    pig1.jpg

11. Devin

Devin
    from Napa, CA

OUCH!!! prayers for a swift recovery for you!

12. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

Hate to hear it. Been wondering where HRP went...
    GET WELL SOON!

13. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I hate to hear about one of our HAMB brothers taking a spill and ending up with all that damage. He is a real asset to the board and I enjoy his comments and posts. I don't know him as of today, but I expect to meet him and lots of you other brothers at the Roundup in Austin sooner or later. Get well soon, Danny, and while we are on the subject of rides, how much do you want for your sedan ? Oh, shit. Did I really ask that ? Get well soon, Bud. Our prayers will be with you.

14. loudbang

loudbang

Hate to be the barer of bad news but after the surgery I had for a torn rotator cuff keeping all my stock bones etc. just sewn back together the WORST thing was trying to sleep with that stupid %^%^T^&**$$%#* SLING on. And follow your docs advice. I was feeling much better but he told me that sling stays for 8 weeks but I rolled up to my next appointment without it it felt so good.

Well he busted me up and down good and told me that if I didn't wear it and messed it up he was going to re-fix it with NO ANESTHETIC yikes. :eek:

15. Just got this- hope you feel better soon, Danny- will be praying for you!

16. doinbad

doinbad
    from celina tn

speedy recovery HRP

17. Danny your in my prayers , We are a big family here. And hoping you have a good recovery and back play' en with HOT RODS real soon!!!

18. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

Hell that sucks.. Get well soon bud, at least you have one good arm for scrolling the hamb...

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  19. corndog

corndog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Indiana

Danny, sorry to hear about your injury. Its another reminder for all of us to be extra careful as we aren't as young as we think we are. Hope your recovery goes fast and you can get back doing what you love to do. All of us here on the HAMB will be missing you. C-dog

20. Most of you older fellas already know this but for the benefit of those who don't Danny is going to be OK. we didn't get this old by loosing. :D

Now Danny I have been known to stretch the truth a bit, but that doesn't mean that you can make a liar out of me, at least not this time. Get that bionic arm and get back with it. ;)

ladyhrp, Model T1 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  21. Xman

Xman

Always look for your posts, get back soon

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  22. Thank you Gary,I appreciate the kind words,and you can own the red deuce sedan. HRP

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
    ladyhrp likes this.
  23. daddylama

daddylama

Well damn. Best of luck to a speedy recovery-

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  24. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

He can own it, now the question......can he afford it? hahaha

Good to see you back bro.

25. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

I just read this---been away for awhile. Get well soon, bud.

26. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Uh, Danny... Gary was thinking that since you can't really drive the car in your present state... it probably ain't worth much.:D

Smart thinking, Gary. I was thinking the same thing!:rolleyes:

Just to make sure my tires don't get slashed if I ever make it to Texas, Gary, I sure hope you realize I am just joking and would NEVER impune the integrity of such a fine fellow as you. (Does this qualify me for one of the discretionary free passes to the show?;))

27. Hey I thought that you wrote me and the black car into your will. :D :D :D

ladyhrp and loudbang like this.
  28. buelligan

buelligan

Get more better'er, HRP miss your wit.
    Wish you the best.

29. H380

H380
    from Louisiana

My old man had rotator cuff surgery about 15 years ago and had complications that required a second surgery and a lot of gore-tex to replace muscle. He lost 70% movement after everything. He says all the John Wayne cowboy movies are BS. Everyone gets shot in the shoulder and it is just fine. Your shoulder is the most complicated joint on your body. Also 100% do all and everything the rehab people give you. The shoulder will not be like it used to be. Your shoulder and your brain will need to get reacquainted. That is where the rehab will help you get the maximum out of the deal. No BS the rehab will hurt like hell but really no pain no gain. Good luck.

30. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

On the cane, Danny...Gotta tell you. It was Monday (yesterday) I'm fitting another ign switch to my '55 F100, just in front of the garage. (garage in front, shop is in back)
    I picked up my cane, just to take it out and put in the truck...I'm WORKING on the truck.

Crap! I no sooner turned the corner at the walkway (walking FINE, mind you...without the damned cane!)
    I was just walking easy, carrying the thing...Force of habit, I just 'bounced' the tip and swung the stick upward, (sort of a jaunty Fred Astaire move) while I walked, then 'touched down' again, only thing I wasn't doing was whistling!

Simply touched the tip as I turned the corner, and tripped myself... my foot kicked against the rubber tip...thought I was going for a somersault!
    I kinda 'genuflected', (good sound Catholic teaching here, eclipses Karate) then went forward, hands out to break the fall, cane in one hand, pinched my fingers between the pavement and the consarned cane!!! (Whack!)

Didn't let go, though...Had ahold of it the whole time. ...And I was getting sooo smooth with the 'strut'! Lousy cane...
    Damn near threw it across the street.

But used it instead, propped it, then carefully stood up: and nothing hurt!
    I was thinking about your trip to the doc... Hell, use it. Just don't trip over it!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016