Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 700 r4 tv cable bracket help needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cobalt333, Feb 13, 2016.

1. i got this bracket for my tv cable.. i know the tv cable snaps in the far square hole...but what the one in front of it for and what is the one in my hand that was shipped loose and not attached for and if used where does it go? im sure one has to be for the throttle cable...thanks ps no instructions shipped so ive got nothing

Attached Files:

2. ps if you have a picture of yours hooked up it would be great

3. squirrel

squirrel

yeah it's for a throttle cable.

4. is that installed correctly? the throttle cable should be mounted higher than the tv cable. i think the "extra" bracket is for a alternative style cable.

5. Should look more like this....

[​IMG]

belair and RICH B like this.
  6. Oldbill51

Oldbill51

themoose is telling you straight, and to be honest the bracket on your carb linkage is the most important. Both Jegs and Summit sell what they call a corrector bracket. It bolts to your carb linkage and provides the correct amount of travel throughout the throttle rotation on the way to wide open throttle.

7. looks like the front one needs to be flipped up or the one in my hand needs to replace it but again flipped up...not like they have it attach right in front of the tv cable one

8. yep im thinking your right..its for a different tv cable..and i dont need it cuz the tv cable fits the one on it...and that front bracket needs to be turned up not like how they sent it...thanks

9. You need to get a 700R4 arm for the carb too.

10. yep already got one of those a couple of days ago..

11. already looking better...have to get the throttle cable on there and have a pro set the tv cable tension

Attached Files:

Chucky likes this.
  12. jazz1

jazz1

That pic should be included in instructions. Been there done it. My last build was first time I had installed a automatic, never thought I'd see the day....