Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods So-Cal Speed Shop after sales Suck – Time to burn all their T-Shirts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Konkonkaos, Feb 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. What was the person pulling the part supposed to do they pulled a box that was labelled red for a invoice that said red.?Are they supposed to open every box to verify what is in it because then I can guarantee that eventually some customer would be complaining that they received an opened box and that the part wasn't new.

2. Budget36

Budget36

I believe the OP said it came in "clear packing"...I assume that to be a cellophane window on the box.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

That's why you're never supposed to meet your idols. They never live up to what you think they should be. SoCal is a business. No matter how good a business is, they are not always perfect. The website should have been updated, guy filling the order should have caught the part wasn't red and the guy that responded to you should have been a bit more professional about it. I'm not excusing them and I agree with you on the principle of the matter, but unfortunately even the best companies, and people, drop the ball from time to time. At the it's only the wrong color, the sun will come up tomorrow and it will be a great day.

Konkonkaos likes this.
  4. frank spittle

frank spittle

This has been a great unintended survey. Roughly half don't mind getting something they didn't order.

5. LongLiveFlathead6

LongLiveFlathead6

It was one time and one guy... Maybe you caught Ray on a bad day... Did you try emailing them again? Or maybe even calling the company? Sometimes a phone call is all it takes... You might get someone else that wants to help or try and make you happy... I'm just saying.. Give them one more go!

6. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

The mistake in this matter is trivial, as many of you have already illustrated. Just rattle can it. That's not the point, the point is the poor way they handled it. Jeeeez, just apologize to the dude and refund the money. It's simple and it's quick and that simple gesture will generate a customer for life that will brag about your excellent service to everyone he has the opportunity to. Instead, their thoughtless reply generated resentment and a lost customer that will spread his dissatisfaction at every opportunity. Stupid business move IMO.

kiwijeff and slowmotion like this.
  7. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

LOL! It's shrink wrapped plastic around the part sitting on cardboard. They don't have to open a damn box.

Konkonkaos and KCsledz like this.
  8. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

Trust me, I've raised enough hell about getting what I didn't pay for, but I've also learned if what you got will work and can easily be made into what you wanted, there is no point in waving the battle flags. 90% of the aftermarket crap being sold won't fit a damn thing without being modified, if not completely re-engineered. So when I get something that works and I just have to paint it, I'm calling it a good day.

9. Just shows a lack of practicing good business and respect. This was not a big deal and SoCal made it one. They don't know if the customer can paint it or if it was a gift. An apology and admitting their wrong doing and then asking the customer what would you like us to do? Refund etc. That would then be a homerun for the company in promoting the business. Word of mouth advertising - Priceless! JMO

slowmotion and Hamtown Al like this.
  10. stimpy

stimpy

the unit
    the product was shrink wrapped to a cardboard backer , plain as can be I could see in the picture supplied by the OP its Black , if it was in a sealed box then its what we called a misboxed and still most places would try some sort of compensation .

the sorry we discontinued it line and haven't updated our computer line , in the day and age of computers does not cut it as inventory control and ordering if the numbers do not match it throws a flag on it unless the format says to use another as a replacement . and simply exchanging stock to make a order complete is bad for business.

11. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

They did you a favor. You shouldnt need the damper anyway, unless you have a problem you're trying to cover up. Why paint it a garish red and try to call attention to it.? At least if its black, you have to really look hard to see it.:D

kiwijeff likes this.
  12. KCsledz

KCsledz

If I was a restaurant owner those are the type of customers I want. Willing to eat a raw steak because I forgot to turn on the grill. It's ok, just get a to-go box and finish it up on your own time. :)

13. Spud

Spud
    from Ohio

I looked at there web site, they updated it, and now shows black and chrome. So I guess he got them to do that.

14. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

Cold raw steak? Now you're speaking my language.

KCsledz likes this.
  15. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

The new Hamb at its best. 4 pages of analyzing something that used to be answered like this. Get to work or quit building shit. Normally it was alot more crude.

chevy57dude likes this.
  16. Ya know, the sad part of this deal is that the customer who resides in New Zeeland went out of his way to order a part from a US company. The part probably ended up costing him 2 or 3 times US retail and he becomes the victim. That's just not right.

HellsHotRods likes this.
  17. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

One can of this
    [​IMG]

And six cans of this

[​IMG]

Life is good!

18. 48stude

48stude

The moral of this story is that every person that has read this will think about it the next time they're considering buying a part from SO-CAL. Bill

19. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

I wont think about it at all. I got one and i painted black. It can hardly be seen at all and i dont have fenders. In the time it took to email and wait then post this, i would of had way more fun painting the thing and installing. Then test drives and beer. I mean oh no you have to personalize your hot rod, major bummer. Especially living all the way in new zealand, how long did you have to wait for that thing? Also for the reply email? I cant even imagine how you deal with real problems like not winning the lottery. Also dont you have a cabinet or shelf full of half full cans of spray paint? All self respecting hot rodders do, or at least i would think.

20. I typically refrain from posting on threads that bash suppliers because these kinds of threads suck. Nobody wins. Bottom line: this isn't facebook. We don't give a damn about your ranting...

(For the sake of full-disclosure, I've never bought ANYTHING from SoCal...)

That being said, the OP has a legitimate gripe, but it would probably be best to fire-off a tele-call and see where it lands you. Like our pal @3wLarry said, no sense in making a mountain out of a mole-hill.

Closing this biz-nitch for now....life's too short, fellas - go work on your hot rods, then come back & post pics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.