Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2016 Detroit Autorama, Going? Showing?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hapydz, Oct 26, 2015.

1. https://autorama.com/entrant-resources/hotel-information/#det

We always stay at the Westin. It's right down the street (walking distance) from Cobo hall. The place is really nice, I'm surprised they let a dirt ball like myself stay there.

2. Johnboy34

Johnboy34
    from Seattle,Wa

We would fly in from Seattle, have a rental car and probably stay Thursday to Tuesday. I have always wanted to do the Henry Ford Museum, GM and Chrysler too if they have them, Sons shop made the Great 8 back a few years ago with a 34 Coupe, I'd like to go back with him for fun this time.This is the car he helped build.
    [​IMG]

3. The Henry Ford is about half way between the Airport and Cobo Hall and would be open while you are here. Chrysler Museum is no longer open to the general public. GM Heritage Center is open to the public but you need a minimum of 30 in your group. Usually there are people going to Autorama that also go to the GM Center, There have been posts on here in previous years of guys looking for others to make the 30 minimum. I'm not sure if it's open this time of year, but the Gilmore Museum near Kalamazoo would be a good place to visit if you have the time and don't mind the drive.

The drive from the airport to Autorama could be a pain so you may want to stay downtown, Also, parking at Cobo will cost you $10 per day. If I were you,
    I'd probably try to stay with Bob K's group. You can take the People mover (75 cents) or walk to Cobo from there. There are other Hotels near Cobo Hall also.

Edit: The Gilmore is open but close some of the exhibits this time of year.
    http://www.gilmorecarmuseum.org/visit-explore-2/must-sees/

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
    Johnboy34 likes this.
  4. Considering the exchange rate I had to pull the plug on my plans, 40 bucks US costed me 58 Canadian on the weekend... pushing 50 cents on the dollar... try again next year... was really looking forward to it :-(

5. 57dodge

57dodge

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1453167103.992781.jpg
    I'll be hangin with the Kool kids of the Elta

captain scarlet likes this.
  6. Has anyone gotten a exceptions letter or something like that in the mail? I sent my application in around August. I got a call from one of the guys that put on the show ( can't remember his name) in October. He told me I was in the show. Just thinking they would send something out with info about loading in.

7. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

This guy is gonna be on display upstairs...

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

8. 27 Tall T

27 Tall T
    from Butler Pa.

Move in paperwork came today

Attached Files:

9. KevKo

KevKo
    from Motown

I'll be in the basement with my F100. Hope I did the photo right.

Attached Files:

10. Make sure you get some Secaris (nasal gel). Just in case that damn germ is still floating around down in the lower level. We are not showing this year but I will be lubricating the old nostrils often. I don't think I can handle another bout of the Cobo Cough again !!!

11. We always stay in theHoliday Inn Express just a shot walk to Cobo. It sure works for us !!!

12. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This just in, not gonna make it. Could I? Maybe if I didn't have to keep looking for little shit. Do I want to? Yes and no. A hurried car is no fun and this one is mine. I kinda refuse to hurry it along and I've had enough "pressure" of a different variety, why add this to it as well. The only thing I might bring is home made Apple Pie...:eek:

13. Hanging in the basement and bringing the 3 window.

20151205_162816.jpg

It's always a good time. Can't wait to see some old friends and look forward to making some new ones.

D-Russ, Farmers Speed Shop and Hapydz like this.
  14. cornfieldcustoms

cornfieldcustoms

i will be there in the Basement with the Wyke 32 project and the Pope RPU

Hapydz likes this.
  15. Clark

Clark

We'll be there with Bills new roadster and hopefully my roadster
    Clark
    IMG_20160113_170943.jpg

Hapydz likes this.
  16. 48cad

48cad

I'm going, debuting another upstairs, move in Wednesday.

Hapydz likes this.
  17. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Wot's upstairs??

41FordSuperDeluxe and Hapydz like this.
  18. I am flying in for the show. Just look for the guy freezing his ass off from the west coast.

19. flathead-tex

flathead-tex
    from michigan

Doing the cavalcade of customs along with my fellow KINGSMEN member John .

20. Harms Way

Harms Way

I will be roaming the isles with the "Ghosts of Autorama".... Pulling the "Rodent Hour Shift" Again this year.like I have over the last three decades... Not only is this how I see the Detroit Autorama,.... This is a full membership meeting of my fan club !
    [​IMG]

captain scarlet likes this.
  21. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

I'll be roaming around Thursday night and Friday

22. Inthemitten

Inthemitten

Will be there Saturday wandering around.

23. Nailhead Brooklyn

Nailhead Brooklyn

Off topic but since this raised the attention from some of you from Detroit, do the Poor Boys still put on the Midnight Mass anymore?

24. Nope...was a one time deal...the clubs a little light on cars, guys family's getting bigger, 2 wheels instead of 4, job losses and changes, and nobody wants to do car shows...we even got away from working Sins of Steel.
    The Sacramento guys still put it on out there and get a ton of folks to show up
    Thanks for asking, I still get people saying it was one of the best shows they ever went to

25. I will be there along with my buddy who has his sedan at Bob Hiltons for a make over.
    We will be there just getting some inspiration. My car is not done yet either.

26. Jim636

Jim636
    from Wyandotte

I will be there with my son, it will be his first time going.

27. ModelAPunk

ModelAPunk
    from Buffalo NY

We'll be there, along with the whole Knockers car club, just spectating this year. Hoping to bring some cars for next year! Can't wait.

28. Farmers Speed Shop

Farmers Speed Shop
    from Buffalo NY

ModelAPunk countdown has begun. I am also happy the whole club is able to attend this year! Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones too.....(Knockers CC Buffalo NY)

29. snopeks garage

snopeks garage
    from macomb MI

I'll be there all weekend. I painted 3 upstares. Look for a white reiters metal craft sighn.