Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Shoebox Frankenstein from swamps

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Trefl, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Trefl

Trefl

Back to the story- left C pillar. Last time I was there it was only tucked up in the front section, so I started to finish it up. First I had to do special clips, cause those regular ones from the shop were to short IMG_6990[1].JPG those holes make them lighter ;)
    And with such great weapon I could start my work IMG_6991[1].JPG IMG_6992[1].JPG IMG_6994[1].JPG And I started to cut off extra portion of roof IMG_6995[1].JPG

Attached Files:

tb33anda3rd and Okie Pete like this.
  2. Fadi

Fadi

I hope you get the oil pump replacement issue figured out; that engine is beautiful and deserves to be heard!

3. I think generally, most folks start lining up the cut roof at the A pillars first and then work their way back to the b and c-pillars. At this point, I think I would move the front of the roof forward to line up with the pillars on the body and fill the gap. Leaning the windshield back that far by leaning the bottom of the a-pillars back may not look as nice. Hang in there!! :)

Dan Hay and Trefl like this.
  4. Squablow

Squablow

Looks like you've already got the C pillar in place, so your best bet to get the A pillars to line up is to cut the front of the black roof off and cut a section of the old red roof off to match, except with some extra length to make up the difference. You could cut the front of the black roof off, line up the pillars, and use a strip of the old red roof to fill in the gap also, although that would make two seams instead of just one.

That's how I did my '53 and my boss' 50 back in high school. It's kinda clunky and makes a longer roof but it does work.

Trefl likes this.
  5. steinauge

steinauge
    from 1960

I have found a guy with a worn out flathead ford 6 engine in Ocala.It has an oil pump.I am waiting for him to let me know what he wants for it.

Trefl likes this.
  6. steinauge

steinauge
    from 1960

So,any more progress?

7. Trefl

Trefl

I'm plannig to go to m.kozlowski's garage next saturday- sadly my work needs me more than this project...

8. steinauge

steinauge
    from 1960

Work DOES get in the way of really important stuff.

9. Edsel58a

Edsel58a

Wow, impressive project. Keep going!
    Love the little Capri

Trefl likes this.
  10. cmarcus

cmarcus

Love the 4 doors. Following along!!

Trefl likes this.
  11. xrosczech

xrosczech

Yes!! no fear, love it! Seriously keep it going!

Trefl likes this.
  12. steinauge

steinauge
    from 1960

So far the latest I have gotten about the oil pump\engine is that he wants to trade that engine for a G body GM rear end.I got a phone number from a local guy yesterday about a farm 2 counties over that has several shoeboxes along the fence row that the owner will sell parts from.I will be calling that guy monday to see about some things that I need and I will look and see if maybe one of them has a six in it.I will let you know.

Trefl likes this.
  13. Trefl

Trefl

Thank You steinauge! Your the Greatest!

14. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Very impressed...
    Good luck, and be sure to keep us in pictures :)

Trefl likes this.
  15. Trefl

Trefl

I've got to find some time to write some posts about my car- I've managed to do something ;) IMG_20160402_180201.jpg IMG_20160402_144614.jpg

Okie Pete likes this.
  16. steinauge

steinauge
    from 1960

Coming right along! Still no luck on the oil pump, I will keep looking.

17. Trefl

Trefl

We are working on m.kozlowski's new garage/man cave so I don't have much time to work with frank, but I have to show You something- it works! 3 long years of restoring/searching for parts or solutions, but it works :)

18. 'Mo

'Mo

If you don't already know, the famous Valley Customs/Ron Dunn sectioned Ford also ran the stock L head six!

[​IMG]

'49 Ford Coupe and Trefl like this.
  19. Woohoo! Success, congratulations!

20. steinauge

steinauge
    from 1960

Well done! It really feels good to hear one run doesnt it?

Trefl likes this.
  21. What an undertaking. Nice job on the long reach vise grips - those made me smile - and reflect on how spoiled we are here in the U.S.A. Harbor Freight is missing an opportunity in Poland ...on second thought Poland deserves better than HF.

Keep up the good work.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
    Trefl likes this.
  22. Trefl

Trefl

Got lazy with updates, but there was not much to show, but I promise You something bigger with this teaser :) and another footage with some irresponsible engine firing up

Attached Files:

chryslerfan55, Okie Pete and Squablow like this.
  23. patsurf

patsurf

i LOVE the old fashion backyard work-this is right out of a 1955 hot rod mag article in its feeling!...!great!!

chryslerfan55 and Trefl like this.
  24. southcross2631

southcross2631

You guys are an inspiration to us spoiled 1-800 americans.

25. m.kozlowski

m.kozlowski

southcross2631 - Believe me, guys like You are inspiration for us :) That is me on that clip, i'm operating the carb, garage is mine. I read Hamb almost every day. When Michal will finish his shoebox we will take care of my '55 Buick Special i have stashed in storage, waiting for its turn.

Trefl likes this.
  26. quickrack-alan

quickrack-alan
    from Ireland

Nice work on the roof. I like the new look.

Trefl likes this.
  27. southcross2631

southcross2631

m. kozlowski if you need anything to help your projects let me know . I am familiar with shipping parts overseas.

28. m.kozlowski

m.kozlowski

Thank You! I will keep that in mind.
    As for roof, fortunately Michal focused on making new inner and outer left rocker, all B-pillars are now welded in for good. Body is quite rigid at this point. He will tackle front pillars soon. They will not be leaned, roof will be stretched. He is still angry at me for forcing him to stay 4-door, i think it will be quite an accomplishment :). Chop is not easy. But now we have shrinker/stretcher, bead-roller and english wheel at hand. Things are not easier because of that, just larger repair panels are made than before :)

29. BJR

BJR

Looks like you and your friends know how to have a good time with cars and parts. Everyone had an adult beverage and a smile on their faces. Nice shop also. Keep at it and please keep posting.

30. m.kozlowski

m.kozlowski

We definitely know how to have fun with cars :)
    That engine run was part of annual "GARAZ MARCINA" open day.
    Some time earlier we were trying to run Volga engine that was in that Ford for about 30-40 years, not run at all. That was in my old place.