Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Where can a guy find these wing screws that were used on the Stone Woods Cook deck lid

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by drumyn29, Feb 3, 2016.

1. violet springs

violet springs

Mr Gasket 6398, Summit Racing has these, not exact but close.

untitled.png

2. Anyone interested in the Winged Dzus fasteners listed in the catalogue page on PG.1. Go to your local wrecking yard and look for a late 80's Camaro 305TPI. Air cleaner upper cover retainers. Its tough plastic, so take side cutters. If its a front end collision, the air box will be broken and they're practically free. This applies to Canadian made Camaro's , don't know about US made.

3. This picture was taken in a two car alley garage in North St. Louis, Mo. in the late 50"s or early 60's. What a historic photo!!!

4. 5window

5window

That seems to be an awful lot of time and work-unless you know of a bunch of those cars lined up together.

5. If I remember correctly, there is 4 or 5 per air cleaner. If its too much work for you, then order them from a specialty supplier like mcMaster Carr. I'd rather have an hour in a wrecking yard looking at stuff, than pay their prices plus shipping. To each his own.

6. snopeks garage

snopeks garage
    from macomb MI

The hot rod company $6.95 each mrg9868_lg.jpg

7. 5window

5window

I was figuring only one per car. And your talking to a man who stops at pretty much every where to remove "possibly" useful hardware bits (an ever popular activity with my wife, but we have two huge barns-and only two sheep so there is lots of space).. So, carry on.

8. snopeks garage

snopeks garage
    from macomb MI

Speedway motors sells them too... 20160228_102905.jpg

9. Meltdown 2015 #10.jpg When I was with my friend Mike helping to set up at the Meltdown and we took the hood off, I can definitely say that the Swindler II used the EELCO type in Kev's posted picture. It was the one in the middle in the catalog page pic. Since the Dark Horse was from approx. the same time frame they probably used the same type fasteners all the time. If you enlarge the pic I took at last years Meltdown you will see there was a chrome hood pin type disc so the paint didn't get scratched (black circle in the pic)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
    Baron and snopeks garage like this.