Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 3rd Annual SWMO Hot Rod Hundred Reliability Run - March 26, 2016

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bchrismer, Jan 22, 2016.

1. [​IMG]

I'm a little late in posting the event announcement, but...The CrossMembersCC 3rd Annual SWMO Hot Rod Hundred is scheduled for March 26, 2016.

The event is a 100 (or so) mile reliability run. We'll start on the west side of Springfield, MO, cruise some back roads for about 50 miles before stopping at HotShoe Hot Rods, in Mount Vernon, where Chad Morley will be having an open house. After stopping there, we will continue south through some more back roads to a BBQ lunch at the City Park in Crane, MO.

Entry fee is $25 and includes a T-shirt and the lunch for all the pre-registered folks. Pre-registration is open until Feb 20, so be sure to get your forms filled out and sent in. This helps us make sure that we have your T-shirt ordered and gives us info to plan on the right amount of food to have prepared.

Entry form is here: http://www.hotrodhundred.com/uploads/4/2/6/7/42678939/swmo-hrh-2016.pdf
    If you have any questions, feel free to give me a shout.

[email protected]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
    Captain Geech likes this.
  2. Boy, that's early in the year!! Ski's or pontoon's allowed? Tim

bchrismer likes this.
  3. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

I'll be getting my entry in the mail this weekend. Thanks Brett.

guthriesmith and bchrismer like this.
  4. Whatever it takes, Tim! ;-)

5. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Is it gonna be in Missouri again this year?

6. Yup! And we are doing one in Springdale, in June. You coming up to play cars with us?

7. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dad and I are in again but we have a car with a roof this year! Lol

guthriesmith likes this.
  8. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I was trying my best to be a wise guy! I'll be at both!

guthriesmith likes this.
  9. cory27t

cory27t
    from US

Can't wait!

guthriesmith likes this.
  10. Just under three weeks left for pre-registration. If you are itching to get out and drive, plan on spending Easter Saturday with the CrossMembersCC and do the 3rd Annual SWMO Hot Rod Hundred with us.

All pre-registration entries get an event T-shirt, a Hot Rod Hundred 2016 sticker, and we will have a BBQ lunch provided at the park at the end, where we will present a few awards for the "Long Haul", perhaps a "Hard Luck" award, although we don't like giving that one out, and a "Club Pick" for the car that represents what a traditional hot rod is all about.

Grab your entry form here: http://www.hotrodhundred.com/uploads/4/2/6/7/42678939/swmo-hrh-2016.pdf
    and be sure to get it to me by February 20. Mailing info is on the form, or you can email it to [email protected] and follow it up with a paypal to the same address for the entry fee.

guthriesmith likes this.
  11. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Kicking off the season early this year.... Don't miss out.

12. Two weeks remaining in the pre-registration for the 3rd Annual SWMO Hot Rod Hundred.

All pre-registration entries get an event T-shirt, a Hot Rod Hundred 2016 sticker, and we will have a BBQ lunch provided at the park at the end, where we will present a few awards for the "Long Haul", perhaps a "Hard Luck" award, although we don't like giving that one out, and a "Club Pick" for the car that represents what a traditional hot rod is all about.

Grab your entry form here: http://www.hotrodhundred.com/uploads/4/2/6/7/42678939/swmo-hrh-2016.pdf
    and be sure to get it to me by February 20. Mailing info is on the form, or you can email it to [email protected] and follow it up with a paypal to the same address for the entry fee.

guthriesmith likes this.
  13. 2016HRH-Tshirt-art.jpg
    @guthriesmith just sent me a copy of the final artwork for the 2016 Hot Rod Hundred events. I wasn't part of the art direction committee, but it's an honor to have Sam Kimbrough's @MO_JUNK truck on the T-shirt with my coupe.

guthriesmith likes this.
  14. B-Scott does great work!

15. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Good to see #43 out in a hot rod.......

bchrismer and guthriesmith like this.
  16. Art looks great!

17. cory27t

cory27t
    from US

Fantastic! The shirts are going to look great this year.

18. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey if you guys need a start point and it works for your route, Transport Graphics parking lot on North Glenstone (basically Glenstone and Chestnut) can be made available. Just let me know.

guthriesmith likes this.
  19. Jimmy, @gonmad , has confirmed our starting location. Good news for you, @Deuced Up!, as it is close to your place.

The starting location for the 2016 SWMO Hot Rod Hundred will be:

Brookline Church of Christ
    3086 N Brookline Ave
    Republic, MO 65619

cory27t and guthriesmith like this.
  20. This is the FINAL week of pre-registration. Yeah, you can procrastinate and register later, but you won't be guaranteed a t-shirt, as we place the orders based on pre-registered entries.

21. Only a few days left, if you want to get in on the pre-registration. Remember, if you don't pre-register, you are not guaranteed an event T-shirt.

22. cory27t

cory27t
    from US

I've got my car just about finished and ready to go for the Hot Rod Hundred! ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1455837748.972945.jpg

23. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Nice!! I've gotta get on mine, so it's not a mad thrash.... but it probably still will be. Hoping for good roadster weather for you.

24. cory27t

cory27t
    from US

I know I keep saying I'm almost done with mine, but I'm really getting so close. I just can't seem to find time. Between work, school, fire dept, etc., I stay so busy. If I can just get a couple free days I should be able to get everything knocked out in it. I'm wanting to drive here in the next week to 2 weeks or so that way I have enough time to put some miles on it before the HRH

guthriesmith likes this.
  25. I guess I need to get some work done on either my pickup or Fairlane if I am going to make it. The pickup needs some attention to the brakes, and altitude adjustment, and I noticed that whoever mounted the alternator didn't even get close to in line with the other pulleys. Amazing that it hasn't tossed the belt yet. And, when I started the Ford the other day to move it, it dumped out all the power steering fluid... Then, there is the whole house move of 2016 deal...

26. Pre-registration closed with about 60 cars registered, plus local club members, which puts us up over 70. I know of several that are still "in the mail" that I am waiting on, so if you meant to send in your registration, you have about 2 days to get the info to me via e-mail. If so, shoot your registration form and paypal your entry fee to [email protected].

Looking forward to another great run, and praying for good weather!

See you all soon!

Tim likes this.
  27. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Maybe I'll drive down in the daily and do the "hitch hike 100" not sure if I'll have my engine back together by then

bchrismer likes this.
  28. Sounds like a plan! I don't know if I have anybody riding in the "shotgun" seat, but I'm sure that we can find ya a spot.

29. I learned that hitchhiking in someone else's car (or maybe even multiple someone's cars) can be about as fun as driving my own. The first year we did the HRH in Oklahoma, I wasn't able to get my car ready in time. So, I ended up riding shotgun in Bret's 40 pu and Clay's 37 sedan. Even got to do a little troubleshooting on the side of the road on Clay's car to make me feel like I had driven my own car... ;)

bchrismer likes this.
  30. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I dropped my registration in the mail on Friday, so hopefully you'll get it today, postmarked on the 19th

bchrismer likes this.