Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Mr. Norm

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jeff Klawitter, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Jeff Klawitter

Jeff Klawitter

That is really cool! Not much stuff out there related to buffalo grove. I think I might have a road atlas from there stashed away

2. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Jeff, do you know if there is a database by VIN whether a car was sold new at GS? Family has a 71 340/4 Swinger from the Chicago area that's was bought used in about 1975, it's not one of Mr. Norm's specials, but a pretty great little car that supposedly was sold at GS, we would just like verification. It's not a value concern to us since it will never leave the family, just want to know for curiosity's sake.

Glad this thread is here, although it's veering pretty heavy into OT territory, my question isn't exactly helping I know. Send me a message if you would please, thanks in advance.

3. Jeff Klawitter

Jeff Klawitter

Larry weiner of performance west media group has the paperwork for GS cars. If needed, I can get you in touch with him

4. Jeff Klawitter

Jeff Klawitter

5. Jeff Klawitter

Jeff Klawitter

image.jpg Talk about good advertising for the dodge demon!

6. Jeff Klawitter

Jeff Klawitter

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg From Drag News, October 18, 1975. Very good history on GSD and also the Buffalo Grove dealership.

mad mikey likes this.
  7. I saw my buddy Tom this evening and said he would welcome a call from you about the history of the red 1968 HEMI Coronet.

8. straightaxle65

straightaxle65

037.JPG In the summer of 1965 the boy's on the Left Coast doubted the ETs being run by Gary Dyer and said there's no way the 65 Hemi Dodge of Mr. Norms could run in the 8s. The timers back east where popcorn clocks! Dyer showed up at Lions on Saturday night, 6 November, 1965 and made history.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
    Jeff Klawitter likes this.
  9. straightaxle65

straightaxle65

scan0002.jpg Here's a couple of original Flying Ram water slide decals from the mid 60s. Originally they cost $1 a pair, left and right

10. straightaxle65

straightaxle65

DART1~1.jpg Dart engine 1.jpg Here's my 67 Dart, 383 4 spd car bought new at Grand Spaulding. Its the same as my Avatar picture and was taken by the original owner when the car was a few months old. The engine picture is real grainy but it shows the day 2 mods made to the car. When it was a couple weeks old he took it to Iggy's Muffler, a few block down Grand Ave. from the dealership and had them install the hooker fenderwell headers. Original owner said he cringed when they torched the holes in the fenderwells. G-S told him if he installed headers to bring the car back and have it Dynoed again. He did and he said it really wailed after that!! Note the Flying Ram decals in the rear side window next to the Dyno Tuned decal.

stillrunners likes this.
  11. Jeff Klawitter

Jeff Klawitter

Very nice jacket and great story on the car! The fkying ran decals are extremely rare! Any pics of the car as it sits now?

12. Jeff Klawitter

Jeff Klawitter

Where did you get the jacket?

13. Jeff Klawitter

Jeff Klawitter

image.jpg Here's what the place looks like now. It has a very large shop attached to it and the showroom is very nice. Too bad it still wasn't grand Spaulding dodge, I could only imagine seeing all kinds of cool memorabilia hanging in the showroom next to a couple of old race cars.

14. Jeff Klawitter

Jeff Klawitter

15. Jeff Klawitter

Jeff Klawitter

image.jpg Arnie Beswick out this together as a joke to Norm when he showed up at a match race. It got lots of laughs but Norm got the last laugh by winning the match race!

16. MrWIGGLY

MrWIGGLY

have you heard about this Demon?
    1971-dodge-demon-side.jpg

17. MrWIGGLY

MrWIGGLY

also i found this photoshopped pic over on yenko.net.... thought you'd like it
    Ghosts at Grand and Spaulding 2007.jpg