Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Still no snow! So lets get a Roadster started.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ct1932ford, Dec 11, 2015.

1. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Get out your shovels, weather channel says you'll be up to your butt in snow by the end of the weekend.

2. :mad:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. GregCT.

GregCT.
    from CT.

That's okay, I figure we had a month of grace period from the white stuff. Too bad they gotta use a ton of brake line killer for every 100 feet of road when there is just a dusting of snow.

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  4. yeah and since they have not used any this year, i am sure they will, "double up", so there is none left over at the end of the year.

5. GregCT.

GregCT.
    from CT.

So glad 32 Fords were built back when cinders were spread out of a pail and the whole town got together to shovel the main street. Out on the farm and back roads the horses still ruled.

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  6. no snow so away we go. put a days worth of fitting the dash board, cleaning all the oil and slime off the new body [pita] and took the wood, seat brace trunk lid shelf, and cowl vent out to prime underneath. DSCF4783.JPG DSCF4784.JPG DSCF4785.JPG DSCF4790.JPG

7. sanded the blasting "fuzz" off the deck lid and hood. how many times will i sand these louvers before the paint job is done? DSCF4788.JPG DSCF4787.JPG

hipster, ct1932ford and kidcampbell71 like this.
  8. smoothed out the rough casting and checked the fit to the body. one on the right smoothed one on the left i did after the photo. DSCF4786.JPG

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  9. started sanding the body. DSCF4791.JPG

10. Didn't need the wood stove going this week to get things done. Nice and warm here in New England. Nice work guys!

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  11. More times than ya want to.

hipster and tb33anda3rd like this.
  12. if what you mean by "guyS" are me and the cat, thanks. when the sand paper comes out the crowd scatters........some even leave the country.:D
    you got that right.

ct1932ford, TFoch and kidcampbell71 like this.
  13. I thought Tater was the inspector.

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  14. Progress on mine, settin motor/tranny and body 2day, all is already painted Tims 32 007.jpg Tims 32 006.jpg Tims 32 005.jpg Tims 32 061.jpg Tims 32 018.jpg Tims 32 046.jpg

ct1932ford and kiwijeff like this.
  15. HRBOB34

HRBOB34

You had to Junx us!
    Got Snow now!
    Weather man says going to stay cold for a while?
    SUCKS!

hipster and tb33anda3rd like this.
  16. wow your really moving along.
    man that is a lot of overspray. what are you spraying and what with?

hipster likes this.
  17. Overspray ? shot single stage urethane with a Sata.
    Btw here it is 1 hr ago. Ready to bolt minor parts on the wire and fire. Wheels will be White to match firewall and leather belts on hood.
    Tims 32 016.jpg Tims 32 021.jpg Tims 32 019.jpg

Jet96, hipster, kiwijeff and 2 others like this.
  18. @da34guy i was looking at the bright red floor. all good!

19. hipster

hipster

20. i never was a "cat person" i picked up this ferrel cat, trapped at a friends house, it took a year of gaining his trust. best mouser ever! and he appears to be genuinely interested in car projects. i swear if he had thumbs he would be helping sand.

kidcampbell71, slv63 and Hamtown Al like this.
  21. Well I am back! Is all the sanding done?:rolleyes:

kidcampbell71 and tb33anda3rd like this.
  22. sanding done.....for now.
    fixed a few spots on the body and sprayed some epoxy primer on everything. DSCF4840.JPG DSCF4841.JPG

Tim_with_a_T and kidcampbell71 like this.
  23. the brookville bodies are really nice but need a little tweaking to make them perfect. a couple hits with a hammer in a few spots to finish the shaping and a skim of filler in a few spots. primer/blocking could have been used to fix most of the spots but i prefer to just get it done with a little filler.

24. black walnut stain against a black car, NICE! DSCF4842.JPG

ct1932ford, TFoch and kidcampbell71 like this.
  25. Nice to see you were working while I was away!:rolleyes: Drinking rum a 11:am is hard work:p Looks Good TB!:cool:
    TURKS 2016.JPG

26. filler primer on the outside surfaces! once it was dry i painted the underside, insides and small parts black. DSCF4849.JPG DSCF4851.JPG
    should the underside and inside be this shiny?:D:cool:

TFoch likes this.
  27. force of habit i painted the underside of the cowl and back of the dash white. it helps, brighten things up, when working under the dash.
    DSCF4850.JPG

ct1932ford likes this.