Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Need suggestions on paint-1961 bel air.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by alexloveshiscar, Feb 8, 2015.

1. slammed

slammed

2. slammed

slammed

3. I'm not knocking your car in anyway so please don't take this that way. Its in remarkably good shape and worthy of some attention.

From the 20 footer pics ( maybe it just the pics) I see the front of the fenders by the headlights, the bottom of passenger fender, passenger side rocker at rear wheel lip, both rear 1/4s behind the wheels, spots on the trunk and rear 1/4 tops.

I wouldn't think twice about doing that work and painting the car.

4. yep, and all the paint can be spot blended.

5. alexloveshiscar

alexloveshiscar

The car does have other rust - no denying. But the frame, floor pans and trunk are literally rust free. The trunk looks brand new almost!

I don't take offense to any comments - I'm on here for input from other guys who are into these types of cars, ect. I really have been digging around online and trying to think of options for this car. If love to have the rust areas fixed and blended.

The question is: do I leave it alone or go that route. Either way, the car is always going to be indoors and never be exposed to the elements again.

Someone also commented earlier about the car being a 235 - it's a 283 powerglide car, which was part of my attraction to it. Also it was built in the original Fairfax GM plant that is about 20 minutes from my home. Cool facts like that also make the car special. The list goes on there..

I paid $1400 dollars for the car and drove it home!

6. alexloveshiscar

alexloveshiscar

Here's a Couple other photos as well. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1423612512.221606.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1423612532.806958.jpg

7. Then give it some love and forget about "survivor original paint" because that ship has sailed.

Paul B and alexloveshiscar like this.
  8. TimGood

TimGood
    from SoCal

One of the reasons I got my 61 wagon was because it came from the LA factory, about 40 miles from my home.