Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest 263 Buick S8 finned valve cover

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by buickvalvenut, Nov 21, 2015.

1. GTS225

GTS225

**********************************************************************************

Psst! His handle ain't "Fireball". Read the text right under the avatar pic of his neon sign.
    That'd be like the rest of us callin' you "Champion spark plug tester".

Roger

2. buickvalvenut

buickvalvenut
    from Rialto

You said fireball but I'm sure you're referring to me. That's a good handle tho., after the engine.
    Sure! What you got in mind..talk to me brother. As long as it sells I have no problem making them. Just keep in mind when it comes to valley and lifter covers I refuse to make them flat and boring. I'll always add some contour to make them pop...stand out. I will also add my company name on certain items. Valve covers will be all fins with the company logo inside and maybe hidden between the fins in small letters. I have do this so people know who's work it is. I know most don't like the company logo all visible so I keep that in mind.

3. buickvalvenut

buickvalvenut
    from Rialto

Lol. Thank you sir.

4. bowtie56jw

bowtie56jw

lol sorry bout that. i will pm you with questions
    thanks man

5. buickvalvenut

buickvalvenut
    from Rialto

Quick reminder. When I make my patterns I use different materials. Drills, hole cutters,glue,mdf,primer,paint, sand paper,bondo,epoxy..etc.That alone is expensive. Lets not forget materials to cast the pattern. Its not cheap.
    So if you'd like me to take time off from what I'm doing to accommodate your needs I'm going to ask for material fees up front. That will also cover the final product. I'm not making , anything until I make a second casting and sell it so I'm fine by that. So please dont waste my time sending me PM asking for this and that to no respond back with a simple yes or no. Next time ask Vintage Speed or Offenhauser and see what they quote you. You wont like it.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  6. 48SuperConvert

48SuperConvert
    from Seattle

I am interested in a valve cover for my 248. Please put me down for one.
    Thanks
    Dale

7. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Wow, what a unique piece! This valve cover with its end view perspective looks to be longer than a story!

I'd love a clever 'tallish' valve cover with your 'contour' built in for my 2 liter BMW 4 with its Weber side drafts...Engine is going in my replica 1930s flat tail Sprint.
    If guys knew it was a BMW mill they'd throw rocks at it...
    Other parts are well disguised, but that flat, slightly convex V/C with its familiar 'Propeller spinning roundel' just screams its Auto Union beginnings...

8. buickvalvenut

buickvalvenut
    from Rialto

Thanks. My aim was for something unique and eye catching wich I feel I nailed. Pm with any request. I'll explain more then.

9. schnablm23

schnablm23
    from Howell, MI

I would be interested in the intake and covers for a 248. Any idea what you would have to have for them?

10. Jet96

Jet96
    from WY

Hello Jesus, my name is Grady. I was wondering if you would be interested in casting 4 finned valve covers and 2 valley covers for Packard V8 ? I can send the steel ones for patterns. Thanks.

11. buickvalvenut

buickvalvenut
    from Rialto

Pm me Grady.

12. buickvalvenut

buickvalvenut
    from Rialto

It's still in thee air. Im would like for it to stay around $200-250. Its long and tall..

13. timelord

timelord

I would order the set for my 263

14. strait8

strait8
    from Skokie, IL

I know this is an old post but that cover and intake are awesome! I went looking for valve cover ideas as I am working on "customizing" one for my 263. Are you finished with the intake. I may be interested in both intake and valve cover.

15. buickvalvenut

buickvalvenut
    from Rialto

Money is a bit tight right now but still in the works. Due to health reasons i cant keep a job and income is very iffy right now

16. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Buick dress up parts aside,.......Sorry to hear of your health problems and hope you experience much improvement.

Best Wishes,
    Ray

17. 5deuce Super Duper

5deuce Super Duper

Agreed.... sorry to hear bout the health problems. I dig your work! Let us know when you've got em done