Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Dazed & Confused

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

Dazed & Confused

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. belair

belair

Neat car and a great story. More and more I find those two things go together. But the second pic did leave me dazed and confused. Also, why is it Thee? What's the story there?

3. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Hell if I know... I wrote this article half drunk on an airplane headed home from South America where I was investigating some dude that had stolen hundreds of thousands of dollars from a bunch of car guys in Southern California.

4. ......................Now we want to hear that story!:D:eek:

5. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Pinstriper40 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  6. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Cool car for sure, but that grille, pure art right there!
    Now, about that seat, I found myself studying it as much as anything, so cool.
    Those guys' sense of humor apparently has no limit, check out those blocks of wood for the display risers, no doubt whoever did them put the same effort into them as the other components in this build, and a green flatmotor, "balls".
    But it all works, as does the whole car.

7. Nice plug! I was able to finally pick up a copy of the latest Jalopy Journal at the Rodder's Journal booth, while at the Grand National Roadster Show. Just like with #2 I can't put it down! Any chance that we'll know in detail the demise of Mr. Bill in the Argentina article???

I think this Inland Emperor car was also a huge game changer for the AMBR...
    [​IMG]

kiwijeff and kidcampbell71 like this.
  8. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

My favorite part of that build was that John originally planned and mocked an original Ardun OHV engine in the 28 but it did not fit his vision for the car so the heads came off. That takes some conviction!

John is the best guy to walk around a show like that with. He likes all sorts of cars I don't get but it's because he can appreciate them from a level that has taken a long time to get to. He has an appreciation for the form and doesn't prejudge it because it doesn't fit in the rest of our "box".

autobilly likes this.
  9. Spooky Two

Spooky Two
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

just want to say...
    I've met THEE John and THEE Chris, and fully appreciate the antics of THEE others...
    and gosh golly, from my neck of the woods
    THEE'se guys are the bomb!
    They are EMPERORS of traditional, that being with where we are today and where we're going tomorrow.

I fly a "take off, eh" Canadian flag, yet... they still treat me well:D thanks fella's

(a little edit, I'm now grabbing 3rd in reverse... I'll never get JJ approved)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  10. Thanks Ryan, we just like to have fun. Because if you can't have fun...why the fuck do it?

As the the "thee"... We are not The Inland Emperors, we are THEE Inland Emperors.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
    jalopykid, Baumi, hotrd32 and 4 others like this.
  11. lucas doolin

lucas doolin

I did not study the photos in great detail but did note there does not appear to be anything made from "unobtainium" on the car. It's more like a magnificent chef's salad made from ordinary ingredients yet artfully seasoned to perfect taste. Seeing it alongside the megabuck rides must have pissed lots of folks off, especially those who mortgaged their lives to have something built that somehow doesn't quite measure up. There's no replacement for good taste and a fine eye for line and this car has both in spades.

12. belair

belair

So they're Quakers. Now it makes sense.

13. 2935ford

2935ford

I first saw the Takeout T in TRJ..........knocked me out!
    The color combo is what got me.....then I kept looking at it and it just got better and better.
    My idea of a T! :)

Monogram where are you...........would make a great model kit!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
    autobilly and kiwijeff like this.
  14. Rand Man

Rand Man

Guess I was confused for couple years there myself. I missed out on this modified and your book. I'll have to order a copy.

15. Elrod

Elrod

Well deserved kudos for THEE Emperors.

This post needs more barnyard animals playing musical instruments with strippers, Tim and Lenny in the background.

#IckyHot

16. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Thee Emperors are truly some of the best traditional car builders any where ! They are also a great bunch of guys who are true to their philosophy and crazy to boot. I'm very happy that you posted this and gave tribute where do ... the Take Out T was and still is one of the finest examples of an AMBR quality car built by a bunch of enthusiasts in their garage! Emperors Rule!

jalopykid likes this.
  17. jadeidol

jadeidol
    from spokane

Thank You

Jungle Jalopy likes this.
  18. Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex

Still can't believe the Takeout T didn't win! The winner that year was a joke.

19. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

I like those guys.

20. Funny you should post this today as I am wearing my Support The Inland Emperors Tshirt today.

21. S.F.

S.F.

Russ Freund has some badass cars.....

22. Thee Inland Emperors are tight group extremely dedicated to what THEY believe in. They have an appreciation for the varied tastes in this hobby but their line in the sand doesn't move for trends. They've been doing this awhile, Russ' dad Claude was a prolific legend amongst the PNW hotrodders. Damn great showing guys, you continue to give hope and inspiration to the rest of us working out of our 2 car garage.

23. Neat write up, pandemonium. :D
    That grill is pure art, hell, the whole deal is a class act.

24. Jungle Jalopy

Jungle Jalopy

25. definitely seem like a fun group of guys. I was camped out across from them at the Austin Speed Shop booth all last week.

26. autobilly

autobilly

The TJJ pick, now there was something to look forward to on the "HAMB calendar" each year!
    Knowing the power and scope of the membership here, I'm sure that award contributed in it's own way to this burgeoning Traditional AMBR renaissance.

27. jadeidol

jadeidol
    from spokane

image.jpeg I wanted to post a picture of Dustys Thee Mint T that went for AMBR last year. Dusty was a driving force in keeping me on track to get my car there.

28. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

I know THEESE guys from somewhere... Somebody had an STP jumpsuit and another one was handing out buttons. They are passionate, fun, crazy people, but they are REAL car people.

29. Tn. Trash

Tn. Trash

Great write-up Ryan, now that I got a taste of the book I want a copy.
    Really dig the 28`................One sweet ride from every angle.

30. Great car. Don't know what else to say, I stare at it in awe.