Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Flathead 6 Hotrods/Roadsters Who Has Em, Lets See Em

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Flat Six Fix, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Flat Six Fix

Flat Six Fix

Hi all, want to see pics and stories about Hotrods and Roadsters,, with Chrysler Flathead 6s, also included Hudson Flatheads, Ford Flathead 6s, and Studes, Pontiacs etc too.
    So any stories and/or pics, please post em, got some ideas going around in my head on a Winter GroundHog day.....

patmanta and Speed Gems like this.
  2. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

I'd like to see some too!

Flat Six Fix likes this.
  3. coffman

coffman

'47 Plymouth Deluxe, '54 Chrysler 264ci, bored,balanced,head cut&cleared for valves,factory Dodge truck 2.5" intake&exhaust,Webber progressive carbs,custom linkage.
    IMG_2949.JPG IMG_2948.JPG IMG_2971.JPG

Flat Six Fix likes this.
  4. sine-bar

sine-bar
    from Iowa

[​IMG]

1941 Plymouth, 218ci, 2 1bbl carters, split header with smithys

Flat Six Fix likes this.

5. Flat Six Fix

Flat Six Fix

Sine-Bar, how does she go, now with the split exhaust and more carburation?

6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not mine but I believe the owner is a fellow Hamber. 254 Ford and an inspiration for a roadster I'm in the process of building. Here at the 2014 East West Flathead run in Monitor.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

patmanta likes this.
  7. Flat Six Fix

Flat Six Fix

bump for day shift

8. sine-bar

sine-bar
    from Iowa

Flat Six Fix,

It runs down the road 55 OK, any faster and its starting to be a little too many RPM's,
    I've got a T-5 from an S-10 and an 8.8 rearend out of an Explorer to put in so hopefully that will help.
    But you can't beat the sound.

9. Flat Six Fix

Flat Six Fix

Thanx Sine bar, and yes with 4:11 gears you will be screaming, I have a 237 flattie stock and Mopar 8 1/4 in the truck, with 3.23 gears can cruise 65 mph all day long.
    If your interested a friend of mine makes adapter plates to use the Chrysler A-833 trans, it's a 4 spd overdrive, with a great gear spread. They are made in the USA, out of high quality aircraft aluminum, if your interested at all. But if you already have the T5 and kit from Langdons, probably not.
    You should make and post a video of the sound of your beats, I do like and prefer the older Dodges and Fargo trucks like yours over mine...

10. Flat Six Fix

Flat Six Fix

Don't think using a Mopar flathead 6 or even some of the others, was as common or popular in hotrods and customs. Is this true?
    I would think a hopped up Mopar 251/265 or a Hudson big 6 would give others a run for their money...

11. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

Here are several I found floating around out there. NO idea who built the car though. It's an early Dodge Brothers with a later flat 6 in it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Flat Six Fix likes this.
  12. keysrat

keysrat

1941 Plymouth P12 Business Coupe with a ' 1941 plymouth.JPG DSC00702.JPG 54 Powerwagon 251, bored, head cut, reground cam, split exhaust, Nicson intake with two Holley 1920's, '55 Plymouth R10 overdrive.

Flat Six Fix likes this.