Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods The Lew Thompson Coupe... Final Assembly

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Just a great looking car!

2. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This '33 Stovebolt is just fuckin' nice. The '33-'35 standard coupes from Chevy must have been used as fodder for the war effort. Down here in Texas, I have seen so few while the '33-'34 FoMoCo's were everywhere. Every thing is scarce today, but those GM's were really neat. My name is Woody Woodrow Woodson I. They just call me Termite.

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  3. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I hear you loud and clear, Gotgas. Make it streetable and drive it all the fuckin' time. Gee, what a bunch of whining assholes. DRIVE THAT SUMBITCH. DRIVE IT ! !

billylo likes this.
  4. thanks for the compliment.

5. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Before anybody starts accusations, let me put them to rest. I am not kissing Ryan's elitist ass in any way, shape, or form, but I highly respect his opinion of "traditional" while I can't fulfill the same requirements. My wife and I have been to Cal. twice in our Deuce Highboy roadster (back pain, yes) and will go again and again. However, we couldn't make long journies such as that without a 700R4 and A/C. We are old enough to need "comforts" that most younger rodders would scoff at as being silly. Ryan seems to recognize oldsters as doing what they can to cruise and visit places in their rides just as if they were young and healthy. I will be an Alliance member until the end. I really envy the people who have many years left to enjoy their hobby.

skatermann and drdave like this.
  6. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

One of my closest pals is in his 70s. He runs radial tires, a/c, disc brakes, etc... I don't give a damn so long as he still hangs out with us.

7. keywestjack

keywestjack
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Pittsburgh

just kool !

n847 likes this.
  8. flamingokid

flamingokid

Krazy Kool.

9. catdad49

catdad49

Even though somewhat minimalistic, this Coupe is just.................! So many pics to save, hope ya don't mind. Keith can't stay still long enough for a pic, go figure!!

10. catdad49

catdad49

In one pic it shows that he signed the dash, could be a clue!

11. billylo

billylo

Gary thanks for getting it! So many people want to tell you how to restore/build your car! In the end it's Eric's car and he could've pushed it back in the corner of a shop and left it for a future build! But instead he saw that this car needed to be built now! Not only for Lew Thompson to enjoy but where he could get Gene Winfield involved as well. So he pushed his other builds to the side and concentrated on the Green coupe. So what if he deviated with a couple of things! In my opinion the car deserved the Quick Change and the transmission is hidden for the most part. So what you see is a beautifully built car that was cranked out in record time. I can't wait to see it set up at the Grand National Roadster show and getting to watch Lew Thompson show it off and tell stories about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Very nice car. Must have been a challenge to blend Keith’s work style with the work that has already been done.

The result definitely proves the very high level of Keith’s workmanship. :cool: And that's probably exactly why he has been asked to do the job ;)

13. Iconic restored milestone coupe that best exemplifies what a Hot Rod should look like!

billylo likes this.
  14. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Really glad to see another beautiful 5 window being brought back to life .... beautiful build and beautiful car!

billylo likes this.
  15. Ryan,
    Just wanted to say thanks for understanding us OLD GUYS

seadog likes this.
  16. Love this one! So right on!

17. Bader2

Bader2

I'm 47, most of my really good friends are in their 70s,great to have em around,if only for the stories!

18. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D:eek: First,to Ryan.Thank you for starting a great thread.All I can say about the coupe is yum,yum,yum.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

19. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

I have enjoyed this thread SO MUCH!!!! I have a copy of this R&C mag I bought @ the Auto Fair in Charlotte a couple years ago. I wonder how many other cover cars have been resurrected in the past? Keep up with the photos of the build as I dig it...................

20. I must admit I have never been a fan of filled quarter windows but in this case they had to stay and it works! Great car!

21. billylo

billylo

[​IMG]

Blackie said its Bad to the Bone!

I would agree!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlownratmodelA and kidcampbell71 like this.
  22. Jeremy Jalopies

Jeremy Jalopies

Its stories like this that make hot rods that much more rad.

23. dig it....like the color....heck at 60 yrs old...I've had a few up grades....that...thank god... made me stillrunning for now....

tb33anda3rd likes this.