Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical '32 '33 '34 Ford P/U Wiper Opptions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brigrat, Jan 28, 2016.

1. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Looking for a 12v wiper system for a '34 Ford P/U, last choice is the $400 after market kits. What have you used that works? Thanks!

2. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

They should be your first choice. Newport's stuff is great, but a tad noisy. But you don't notice that so much all day long on the interstate in a constant rain. Safety and peace of mind come to the fore, as they say. The worm / cable systems also work good and are less costly. Your only other choice for 8 hrs of safety in the rain is a motel. Gary

PS my little truck has a two speed / variable interval switch for control AND a squirt washer system. And no one knows.

3. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Very familiar with installing & using 3 & 4 hundred dollar wiper systems, just not interested in doing so on these 2 projects. Anyone else adapted an OEM wiper system, maybe from a wrecking yard sports car, hatch back, etc. in a '34 Ford P/U?

4. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not sure what you have available in wrecking yards nearby. Down here we can use English cars cable wiper systems, jaguar, mini, Morris, triumph, etc. the motor goes at the bottom of the dash with the cable sneaking up the pillar. Then you have a clean header panel with just wiper towers ,plus you can easily adjust the tower position .

5. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

Most guys here run a single boat style wiper.

6. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Thought of Marine boat type but if I run just one motor it would have to be of good enough quality (strength)to be able to run a "rod" over to the pass. side............................................

7. I am running an electric wiper that the wife bought for 15 bucks on Amazon in my sedan it would work fine for about anything that mounts the wiper in the header. It comes in a real generic looking white box and the instructions and 5 year guarantee says CJ Crown Automotive on it.

8. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This one is manual but has an intermittent feature, easy to install, it's only 25 dollars and you get enough for 2 cars.
    upload_2016-1-28_13-32-39.png

9. Dizzie

Dizzie

I used a rear window wiper motor from one that I found at the junkyard for my '34 pickup. I think it was from a Jeep Wagoneer. Most vans and suv's have some compact units. Make sure to look for one that you can use the splined type of wiper arm on.

10. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Not to change the subject but is any body old enough to have used a BullDerum Tabaco pouch to clean the inside of windshield of moisture because your defrost didn't work? On my Dads Hot Rods he always had a pouch with the string tied to a dash nob, after a few uses it would be smelly and stained, I rather enjoyed the smell!