Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods KANSAS - Check a Ford for an overseas (Italy) guy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Coke-bottle, Jan 23, 2016.

1. I hope it all works out for you. HRP

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well the Phone number belongs to a Mr. And Mrs. Woods from Bonner Springs, KS and the photos belong to BestRetroCars.com. For what it is worth....

3. Coke-bottle

Coke-bottle

Even @NeonGodzilla apparently disappeared, he quit reply to my PM. This seems a good start for a movie...

If someone can Knock his door it would be very appreciated, as I mentioned in my first message I can refund Gas and time.

Ciao, Luca

4. So long as it involves a happy ending, I'll watch it. :)

5. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

@povertyflats is there a Blue Possom that could help this guy out?

6. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

7. He said in the ad to call not to email. he speaks English like a lot of fellas from around there and has made minor mistakes in the ad that he obviously didn't know how to edit out.

I'll go take a look if it is still an issue, maybe Tim and I can go early, or if Tim can't go I'll run over in the evening. My shoulder is not really letting me ride so it is 4 wheels or nothing for me for now. Seeing as my sedan is still just a heap of parts its 2 wheels or walk until evening in this house. LOL :oops: :D

Anyway if it is still an issue I'll go take a look somebody let me know. Do Not Loose Sleep or Money over this.

Note to all those out of country, I can call anyone any time in the US. If you are making a deal on something over here and you need me or want me to call let me know. That lets them know that there is someone here that can reach out and touch someone if need be. I am never much farther than a PM away. Also I do speak several languages, some not so good, so I can decipher about anything you want to say and don't judge someone for their language skills. ;)

8. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Coke-bottle has a thread going looking for transport of this car. sounds like he bought it.

9. yea sounds familiar now that you mention it.

Well the red part still flies. Hell JJ I would even call someone for you if you needed me too. ;) :D

10. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

his transport info thread says he still needs help with seller

11. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

12. Coke-bottle

Coke-bottle

If you can take a look at him and the the car it would be very appreciated. Since I know he exhist I will send him the balance.

I ask for the delivery because I need to close this deal asap assuming he's gonna be out of city soon.

As I just mentioned above, I had a good feeling on that call but I'm still sending two year of savings to an unknown person that has a weird attitude assuming he's gonna be unavayable for two weeks after a car sale..

Maybe it's me.. Too excited for my first "used the brain" car deal that involve a running car instead of a pile of junk

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  13. Check your PMs. If need be the car can come to my house for a while, it wouldn't be the first one to stay at the Pork'n'Bean bed n breakfast for wayward autos. ;) If it runs n drives getting it half an hour through town should be easy peezy.

Anyway check your PMs.

14. chris' 38

chris' 38

You didn't confirm anything yet and are gonna send the balance? Slow down

kiwijeff and lothiandon1940 like this.
  15. The price in the ad seems very low to me for the described car. I'm still apprehensive about this purchase. -ford-other-90-23931-1.jpg

16. oldolds

oldolds

Coke-bottle... Slow down. To me all signs are pointing to a scam. He is selling a car he didn't own yet, from an auction, He is being evasive with contact, He needs to sell quickly because he is leaving town. It all sounds like an episode in "Scams Gone Wild" . Do not send payment.

Nine2Five and lothiandon1940 like this.
  17. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mr. Beaner sir, you are a gentleman. "Good manners are just a way of showing other people we have respect for them", I heard that in a movie once...I think it applies to your helpfulness.

Coke bottle, I hope this all turns out well for you.

18. Coke-bottle

Coke-bottle

Mr. Beaner sounds better than Mr. Pork but less funny

Me and Beaner are chatting via PM. Everything under control

19. Sporty45

Sporty45

I was kind of thinking the same thing, but am hoping he just got a nice deal. I really hope it works out, and is not just a shitbum pulling a scam :mad:

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  20. That car has been on Craigslist here for months. That even looks like the pic from the ad.

21. Something smells like fish here.

22. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Hi cokebottle.Hope every thing works out for you.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

23. I talked to the old guy a bit ago, I am looking at the car and getting starting instructions on Monday. It looks like all is well once again in the Mid West.

24. I'm guessing Budweiser could well help this whole thing along. Good on you PnB. Watch the wing !! Anoint liberally with America's number 1 beech wood aged ....

25. mrquickwhip

mrquickwhip

I think I would ask porknbeaner nicely if I could transfer the money to him and let him close the deal......at least you know you would be transferring money to a genuine stand up guy

26. It works best internally and I have considered injecting it directly into the joint.

There is an upside to this, I got to meet someone who I haven't talked to yet, gets me one step closer to my goal of talking with everyone in the world at least once before I die.

kidcampbell71 and Budget36 like this.
  27. ^^^^^^^great idea.

28. Budget36

Budget36

LMBO!!!

29. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

Beer's in the fridge waiting for you to come get it..............

30. LOL your continent is on the wife's list of places to see. ;)