Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs ideas on lowering 60' IH B110

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 60' B110, Jul 26, 2015.

1. 60' B110

60' B110

Looking for a low buck way to lower my 1960 IH B110 the back looks like i can do an axle flip and us lowering blocks the front is were im stumped. Solid I beam axle i have read about four different ways to lower front end trying to do this on a shoe string budget. C notching and mass fabrication is not really a ideal option although i have a moderately stocked shop, time and money are not on my side I would be happy with 4-6" drop over all the front I would like to go as low as I can go without doing mustang II, or axle fabrication or messing with the orginal steering geometry any help appricated.

2. Daniel Goldman

Daniel Goldman

Any update on this? Looking at lowering my 58, bout the same budget and keeping it as stock looking as possible only lower.

3. 60' B110

60' B110

What I have decided to do with my 60 b110 is get a 2003 crown Vic front end the frame rails are within a 1/4 inch of each other for my application it's the way to go it's basically abarnfind and by the time I got thru brakes , motor,suspension I have close to the same amount into it and it will have no power steering no disc brakes no power period. Old crown Vic's can be picked up any wear from $1500-3000 range I want to also use the 5.0 going for the powerful lowered n bagged look leaving the patina it might take a little long to do but that's what I really want not just a fixed up gutless hard breaking hard steering stocker.

4. Daniel Goldman

Daniel Goldman

Ahh ok. I've debated the ford front end a little lately and a nine inch ford out back. So the crown Vic front end is 1/4" wider? What about the track width.

5. 60' B110

60' B110

Can't remember if the Vic was wider or narrow by 1/4 " and the track width I don't know yet but if there is a will there is a way

6. Travis T

Travis T

A 2003 Crown Vic won't have a 302 in it, all the ones people use for suspension swaps have modular 4.6 engines.

7. Daniel Goldman

Daniel Goldman

Does it matter what year it comes out of? Still doing research on this