Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 32 standard deuce hight?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by kimfmx, Jan 22, 2016.

1. kimfmx

kimfmx

Looking to fit the newly accuired front shocks, but when fitting them they are touching the brake rods.. so im curioush if and how much the front is dropped.

When i measure from the front splash apron to the ground i measure 8 inches - if you have a non lowered car, maybe you could measure the distance so i have a reference. The tires are 6×16".

From the pictures you can se the shock knob on the suspention is almost flush with the underside of the frame when car is level.

Attached Files:

2. 27troadster

27troadster

I don't have a stock '32, but I see the spring has it's eye reversed, so that's about 1". It's also an aftermarket spring because ford leaves would have been tappered in thickness on the ends. The spring stack looks flatter than stock. If I had to guess I'd say your lower by 2", maybe 3" overall.

Kipp

3. kimfmx

kimfmx

Thanks kip. Good info. Didnt know the reverse spring trick for lowering. I guess im looking into making some brackets for the front houdaille shocks... damit.

4. Bader2

Bader2

Brackets for houdailles? Isn't there holes in the frame to bolt em to?

5. kimfmx

kimfmx

Yes. But if i bolt them into their original holes, the ball joints are not alligned. The ball on the shock are will be below and further to the front of the car than the ball on the steering.
    It appears its lowered. I have ordered a pair of shorties dogbones with only 1.75" distance. That should cure some of the problem.

6. Bader2

Bader2

You've got the correct arms? You can always cut out a piece and shorten the arm.

7. rusty valley

rusty valley

your axle looks stock to me, not dropped at all. i'm looking at a stock, stripped 34 laying on the floor now, yours looks the same

8. Bader2

Bader2

Yes the axle is stock. The height is not,due to the reverse eye flat leaf spring. Like kip said,likely 2-3"

9. kimfmx

kimfmx

Super thanks everyone.