Register now to get rid of these ads!

Model A fan shroud

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bull, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Bull

Bull

Does anyone have any pics of the fan shroud they're using on their Model A's? I am running what appears to be a re-cored stock Model A radiator. I have a 302 Ford in the car with a mechanical fan. I used one of these Max Air shrouds from Walker and it worked well but continually broke at the mounting points from road vibration, etc due to it being made from polyethylene. I even reinforced the mounting points with metal tabs, but it just broke again.
    http://www.walkerradiatorworks.com/fan_shrouds.cfm

Know of any other vendors for a quality shroud?

2. Ted Kempgens

Ted Kempgens
    from Florida

Saw one on an "A" at a car show made from an aluminum baking tray. Almost the size of the rad. About 11/4 deep. Looked perfect and worked well. Just a thought, Ted

3. Bull

Bull

Any more ideas? Anyone know if this shroud from Mac's would work? I e-mailed them to get some dimensions and to find out what material its made from, but couldn't get a straight answer. From the looks of the picture, it looks like I could flip it upside down and have it work perfectly.
    Part #A8146B
    [​IMG]

4. Bull

Bull

5. Bull

Bull

I guess no one runs a fan shroud eh?

6. The37Kid

The37Kid

For what it's worth the early 1928 Model A Fords left the factory with fan shrouds. They were stamped sheetmetal, don't know if anyone is repoping them.

7. David Knapp

David Knapp

Bull did you ever solve your shroud issue i ran into the same issue just wondering what you came up with.Cheers

8. carmuts

carmuts

The 28 fan shroud is reproduced in plastic. I believe Brattons sell them. I have seen a F1 shroud modified and used. Don't really have any other ideas. Rod

9. terry48435

terry48435

I had a tinsmith at work fab one for me . I think a furnace guy could do one also.