Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features why do you love the hamb

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by birdog, Jan 19, 2016.

1. carmuts

carmuts

Like most of the people and experience of several members. But the whole thing is a double edged sword. For the most part most people are men of their word. But have had people contact me saying they had parts and such to help my project along, then never get a price, pics or hear from them again dispite they are on the site daily and Alliance Member. I had considered becoming an Alliance member until trying to get a deal done on badly needed parts. Guesse I don't understand. More to like here than dislike. Rod

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  2. stronga

stronga

I love the HAMB mostly for the pictures to look at in my spare time!

3. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

Got to speak to Bob Hilton thanks to Don's generosity, got to meet OJ thanks to Gary's help and so it goes. Car guys are just the best. Thanks to those who've helped me. It's about cars, AND great people.

4. I like the fact that it has attracted a young following of car guys , I'm a old rodder and want the HOT ROD flame to burn on . And from what I see on the Hamb that's happening . Thanks guys keep it going

5. The hamb has such a large area of influence that I would not have found my first old hot rod again without it. I tracked it down on here. Thanks to the hamb and to HRP/

6. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Its got a good beat and you can dance to it........................

Stogy, yruhot, olcurmdgeon and 2 others like this.
  7. I've been working on the same project for more than 41 years, and now that I'm retired I have more time but less money to get any closer to my goal. Nonetheless, the HAMB is where I find encouragement and hope, where most everyone is eager to help and offer advice. It is a worldwide community of brothers and sisters who understand the bridge between the past and the present - aesthetically, technologically, mechanically. A website is probably not something you can love, but deeply appreciate. HAMB members, yeah, I love you all. Thanks.

Stogy likes this.
  8. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

shit! Too slow!

9. The37Kid

The37Kid

The people, and the cars they love. Being able to supply a bit of information or better yet a photo of a car someone is researching the history of, without the HAMB we couldn't share the knowledge we've amassed in our lifetime. Bob

10. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Because I won't pull a "Jarod" when the FBI or Homeland Security eventually seize my computer since the H.A.M.B. is the worse site I visited...and what everyone else said above.

Stogy likes this.
  11. 6-71

6-71

I like the tech stuff,but I honestly figure its about 25% facts and 75% internet bullshit.

12. birdog

birdog
    from Monroe, UT

Wow I didn't expect so many comments! I hope they keep coming. I also hope when some young guy starts looking into traditional hot rods he can scan through this and see why this can be such a great site to help accomplish his dreams. Someone made the comment that their isn't enough young guys. And I will agree this isn't the easiest thing to get into unless you have close friends or family into it. But this site makes it possible. The last save the salt meeting I went to I was the youngest guy by far and it made me really start thinking about how does the knowledge get past on! Well right here! And sorry for starting a sappy thread but It just felt right.

13. 2 more doors

2 more doors

Ok, group hug so we can get back to what we love and live for THE CARS!

14. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I like it cause so far I haven't seen anyone that wears their pants hangin down around their knees.

15. statesblue

statesblue
    from Luzerne Pa

Its about real hot rodders building real hot rods...

16. I love the HAMB because if you ask a question and get the wrong answer three people will correct it before you start cutting metal.

Charlie Stephens

Stogy, clem, LOU WELLS and 1 other person like this.
  17. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

I need help on a daily basis, I get it here . I get bugged sometimes by certain posters but it doesn't last long. I can usually find someone who can identify an oddball part I found. I learn something everytime I log on and read,
    thanks fellas , you have made my life better.

18. I have met a lot of people that are as sick as I am!:p Oh and some sick hot rods as well:rolleyes:

19. Slopok

Slopok

For the KustomRoderie!:D

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
    Bandit Billy likes this.
  20. BLACK STUDE

BLACK STUDE

Have met some good people on here, learned a lot. Sold some stuff, bought some stuff. Found a damn good painter to letter up my car on the HAMB! (Thanx, Edwierd!) Car probably would have wound up a lot different if it weren't for this place. _RJP7338.jpeg

kidcampbell71 and wraymen like this.
  21. let me count the ways.......
    one barrel carburetors.
    dual exhausts
    three speed transmissions
    four wide whites
    five angle valve jobs
    six cylinder stovebolts
    seven years with 25 championships for Eddie kuzma racing cars. [it's a stretch, i know]
    2x4 manifolds [see what i did there?]
    nine inch ford rears
    Linda Vaughn :cool::)

wsdad, Nostrebor, wraymen and 2 others like this.
  22. What's not to like?
    Besides, even when I pay my membership it's still cheaper than magazines.
    Digging it since '02.

Stogy likes this.
  23. You forgot Red Rims!:eek:

falcongeorge likes this.
  24. After about 10-15 minutes of the news and the weather, I have to click on the HAMB...

I love the HAMB because it takes me back in time when I was a kid. I remember the days of 25 cent gas, early Ford V-8's, '55-6-7 Chevies, Pontiac Bonneville's, '62 409's, GTO's, Super Stocks, sling-shot dragsters, cheater slicks and cruisin' from one end of town to the other - Dog-n-Sud's, Beaky's Drive-In, Hollywood Resturant, Bing's Drive-In.

Oh yeah, Byron Dragway (Rockford Dragway back then), Union Grove, Cordova, Lake Geneva, US 30, and Rockford Speedway. WOW! It keeps me young!

You and I have lived in the best of times.

falcongeorge likes this.
  25. yruhot

yruhot

So many nice things said so far about the hamb site I guess Id like to say that everytime I log on here I learn something valuable. And Ive been around this car stuff quite some time and when you think youve seen it all Bamm You learn something new and I like that. When Ive had a question I usually get half a dozen solutions to consider how to fix and understand what I got to do. I also like a lot of the non automotive answers I get to lifes challenges. Not to sound too Opra here but just dealing with the loss of a loved one or someone with cancer someone usually has a word of encouragement or can relate. Just a great group of people and for that I say thank you to the hamb and keep up the great site. yruhot

birdog likes this.
  26. Maverick Daddy

Maverick Daddy

I don't anymore. they killed several of my favorite threads....(not traditional) they said....oh well

27. yruhot

yruhot

I like this site cause of Squirrels knowledge and whit.lol.yruhot

traffic61 likes this.
  28. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

I love it for neat old cars that run, drive even smell like old cars. For metalflake, for Chrome, for Jungle Pam. Definitely Jungle Pam threads.........

traffic61 and falcongeorge like this.
  29. yruhot

yruhot

I was a local cruise night and I was wearing an OLD GUYS RULE t-shirt and a younger man saw it and said they sure do. I said what do you mean, He said they got all the cool old stuff and they want a fortune for it if they even consider selling any of it. I said let me tell you, this just didnt just happen over night. Ive worked lots of straight time/overtime.weekends/sidejobs to accumulate this "stuff" I've lived a simple lifestyle and tried to live within my means to do what I love. So go out and bust you hump and you'll be amazed at what you will accomplish. He looked at me like I was crazy.lol. True,but thats another topic.lol. But I did look back and can remember when I had nothing and unskilled hands but keep at it, itll come. yruhot

30. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I can see where this is heading..."In tonights headlines: Connecticut man clubs relative repeatedly with red rim, runs over his prostrate body with '33 chevy hot rod. Film at 11"

;):D

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016