Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 33-34 Ford coupe bodies

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ss34coupe, Nov 5, 2007.

1. We all miss deadlines! Just keep QUALITY in mind, have patience and you'll be very glad you did when you finally get it on the road.

2. aarestor

aarestor

Stop by we would love shoot the S!!t

3. Roadsir

Roadsir

Well guys, add me to the list of those hunting for a three window. This fall I traded my 34 five window project, and recently sold my 32 roadster. If anybody has a lead on a car or project body I would appreciate a PM.
    I have a message into SAR, but does anyone know if they sold all their three window body sides?

4. Xman

Xman

B&S
    Going to pick it up in the morning. Very excited. I went with Hot Rod Black and I hope it wasn't a mistake. I looked at it yesterday right after he shot it and it was very glossy. I'll post some pic's soon.
    I also picked up the 3W parts from SAR. Was fortunate enough to live close enough to drive there and get almost a complete car including complete doors. All I needed was the cowl top which I have an original with cherry firewall. Will post some good pic's of it as well.

5. Dragged this old dirt track car out of the mountains last week. Time to start hammering and welding!!!

Attached Files:

Dannerr, Xtrom, 40ragtopdown and 2 others like this.
  6. 34ford5w

34ford5w
    from Colorado

I also bought enough from SAR to build a 3 window but they were completely out 9f the outer drivers door skin if anyone has one please pm me thanks guys all the new projects are awesome!

7. 34ford5w

34ford5w
    from Colorado

Pieces for another

Attached Files:

Nailhead Jason likes this.
  8. fuzzface

fuzzface

"I have a message into SAR, but does anyone know if they sold all their three window body sides?"

Their complete sides on ebay are sold out but do still offer like doors, trunk lid and other patch repair panels and even a 33/34 roadster pickup body with 10 available.

9. like this

Attached Files:

• 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      351.5 KB
      Views:
    • 007.JPG
      007.JPG
      File size:
      278.2 KB
      Views:
    • 057.JPG
      057.JPG
      File size:
      360.3 KB
      Views:
    Dannerr, Xtrom and ss34coupe like this.
  10. D ROD

D ROD
    from New Jersey

Plan on getting back to work on to this pile I started on a few years back, hopefully this spring!

IMG_1839.PNG

ss34coupe likes this.
  11. ff1930

ff1930
    from lapeer

Since the sar bodies are surfacing i will add mine here. I think i know where about 9 sets of body sides went. I wish they would have approached the 34 3w more like Brookville

Attached Files:

ss34coupe likes this.
  12. 34ford5w

34ford5w
    from Colorado

I agree unfortunately I believe they're are no more sides I know where a few sets went as well but I believe there are no more so they say!!!! Oh we found a few more sets lol!!! Just like when they called and said hey would you like a roof for those sides!!!

13. ff1930

ff1930
    from lapeer

Yea no kidding, lt was like they wanted you on a crack coke addition.
    First was body sides and door skins then hinges then b-post lower pocket then roof tops.
    Does anyone know the story on cowl tops, they had to have some to produce and sell 28 complete car bodies?

14. Xman

Xman

100_1049.JPG 100_1056.JPG

Attached Files:

LOU WELLS, 3day and ss34coupe like this.
  15. rustymetal

rustymetal

still have work to do but after all the years I had this a few months will not hurt IMG_0186 - Copy.JPG IMG_0188 - Copy.JPG IMG_0191.JPG

lilmann, mgtstumpy, dudley32 and 7 others like this.
  16. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

image.jpg Finally getting started after a 3 year wait of gathering parts!

17. HotRodMicky

HotRodMicky

More pics, please!

18. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

I don't want to hijack this thread so I should be having a separate build thread on the 3w shortly...
    In a nutshell I'm trying to recreate my rendition of a former lakes style coupe similar to the sedan in my avatar.
    331" Caddy set back 7"
    Heavily pinched rails, crossmember is 12" wide
    Channeled about 3" soon to be chopped but the amount has yet to be determined. image.jpg

ls1yj, Dannerr and texkbc like this.
  19. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Kirk - don't worry about hijacking the thread, we would like to see more of your 34 coupe build - more pics please! Also like to see how you mount the 331 Cad motor and what trans you are using.

20. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

Thanks ss34coupe

Since I plan on driving this car long distances I opted for a T5 transmission. I'm thinking the motor will be around 250hp, with it being a light car, utilizing a 36' banjo & guts in a quick change center section it outta hold up just fine. It's the identical setup that I had behind a lower powered Hemi and it worked great.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I made the motor mounts using Chevy truck polyeurathane shackle bushings. They are roughed in & holding the motor up but still need finished...

image.jpg image.jpg

I utilized a Model A rear crossmember and Model T spring for the rear. The stock crossmember had to be moved back approx 1 1/4" to make the spring line up with the 36' bones. Another leg was added to each bone essentially making a ladder bar.
    image.jpg

21. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

image.jpg

image.jpg
    image.jpg

While the motor was mounted I figured it'd be a good time to make the exhaust.

image.jpg

image.jpg
    image.jpg

image.jpg
    image.jpg

22. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

I'm using a "smaller" Suzuki Samari alternator. It's going to hang low & out of the way. image.jpg

image.jpg

I'm to the point where the car is a roller so.... It's time to set the body on & make a subframe and floor. I had the tires & wheels mounted to find out how much channel can be done with clearance in mind for the rear tires.

image.jpg

This is the point I'm at so far. I'll be leaving this weekend for the GNRS so when I return the floor & subframe will be first on my list. It surely won't hurt my feelings to leave single digit temperatures for a bit.

Chucky, Drewfus, ff1930 and 3 others like this.
  23. Love It!

24. This car is awesome, don't really understand why front crossmember is so thin. Should I assume the intention is to run a streamline salt flats type nose and not a 34 grille? I really like the rear crossmember. I plan on something like that in my 34 Tudor. Like to see more.

25. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Here is a current pic of the coupe that first appeared in post #403 of this thread - will get fenders and running boards, etc. on it soon. Going for a later flathead motor with hydraulic brakes and F1 IMG_0766.jpg steering box.

26. Hi,
    I just wanted to post a few pictures of a 34 that I'm redoing. It's a job that went so bad back in the day, that the owner gave up and decided to quit!
    He also attempted to channel the car so I also had to replace the sub rails, floor board and firewall. It's all being done in lead! It's been a big challenge but It's what I like doing!:D
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  27. Southfork

Southfork

Wow, Sandman! Great work. A question for you: Without a floor or even subrails in that body, How did you go about squaring up the body and putting in the temporary bracing to hold it straight, square and symmetrical?

530sandman likes this.
  28. I was lucky that the guy from back in the day did the bracing!!!
    That's how I knew it was never completed.
    Thanks for the compliment!:D
    Joe

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  29. I leaned the A pillars back close to 3" after finding the height I was wanting. 6.75" glass opening
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
    Baron, Dannerr and ss34coupe like this.
  30. Hi,
    I just wanted to make it clear that these pictures are in a random order.
    Like the last picture was before the re chopping and leaning of the A pillars.
    Joe