Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Question about Vintage Shots From Days Gone By

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Offset, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

I just love the Vintage Shots From Days Gone By thread. Thousands of incredible photographs of people and places along with some good stories.

So based on that have you ever seen someone that you know in a photo that you did not post? Maybe a car of yours?

Has to have happened I am sure.

Keep that thread alive it is priceless.

26 T Ford RPU and lothiandon1940 like this.
  2. Yes, the first one was of a '60 Vette posted by Dog427435. It was from my hometown and I worked with the owner about the time the picture was taken. There has been a few more since.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. realsteel34

realsteel34

Don`t forget Denise Diplock............

4. OK...I'll bite, who is DD?

5. 56 Royal Lancer

56 Royal Lancer

I've seen my car on the internet in general a bunch of times...sure catches me by surprise every time. I spotted this picture taken by someone at the Good Guys Hot Rod Drags @ National Trail Raceway and posted here on the HAAMB....

Attached Files:

6. 56 Royal Lancer

56 Royal Lancer

I just re-read the OP and I see it is specific to seeing pics on the "Vintage Shots" thread. So that answer is "no. And I agree that the "Vintage Shots" it is a fabulous thread; a real treasure.

7. When first going onto this site and going to that thread, I found a photo of my Aunt Lottie who lived in northern Michigan. It blew my mind, since that is the only photo I have seen of her. aunt Lottie.jpg Here she is getting into my cousin's black, Chevrolet convertible....
    We used to go to the Mystery Spot in northern Michigan a lot.

8. Boatmark

Boatmark

Not a car, but I was surprised to open the thread one day, and see early (previous owner) pictures of a Chevrolet dealership owned by some friends when I was growing up.

They owned it from 68' - 84', and they had never seen the posted photos from the late fifties.

9. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Great point Offset.
    Yep, one of the best we have, funny thing is; I was here for quite some time and apparently I had gotten bored (that day) with the threads that I normally would visit, boy had I been missing out, now it is on my "go to" list.
    To your original question, I haven't experienced it, but it must be quite a surprise to see a picture of a car or relative from your past, especially one that you never submitted.
    I did have quite an experience on this thread though, come to find out, one of the regular posters to the thread is well acquanted wth my neighbor next door (hi Maggie).

Saxman likes this.
  10. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

That place is still there......

11. KRB52

KRB52
    from Conneticut

[​IMG]
    She's the one in the middle. Class of '72. (You've got to have been viewing Vintage Shots... for a while to get this one.)

Let's not forget hippie chick.

12. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Denise Diplock, Hippie Chick, Mystery Spot, Dealerships and only pictures of relatives. Neat stuff folks.

I don't care what anybody says Vintage Shots From Days Gone By is simply a great invention by Dog427435. Thank you Dog and thanks so much to everyone for their posts to this thread. Well Done.

13. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Hmmmm, the girl on the right must be British.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

dan31 and Johnboy34 like this.
  14. This is the first thread I open every day. Flat out excellent.
    Thanks to everyone who participates in it.

15. MacTexas

MacTexas
    from DFW

I like the thread because of the pictures posted that came from private family albums. I had an Aunt who was born in 1897, never married and died in 1978. She had some picture albums that ended up with me. One of the albums was dated 1914 and had several pictures of her and cars. I have posted most of the pictures in Vintage shots. Her pictures show a time when the automobile was new and the attire of the day. Here is an example.
    [​IMG]SA 1920024 by mactexas, on Flickr

Johnboy34 likes this.
  16. The car is a Saxon roadster.

17. This is my grand parents 1930s my parents 1950s the wife and I in the 70s with my 38 chevy coupe . I did see a shot of Kern Motor CO. In Winchester va. was taken in the 30s it was a nash dealer back then also the old Duffs restaurant also long gone. But cool to see. not sure who posted it. [ ATTACH=full]3114081[/ATTACH] 20160113_135542.jpg 20151230_155033.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016