Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Lost another one

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by raven, Jan 15, 2016.

1. raven

raven

I just found out today that we lost another one. Those of you in the Kansas City area might have know (Fat Jack) Jack Tanner. He lost his battle with cancer January 9th. He was the last of the 'three amigos' that my uncle (and mentor) was a part of. He was lucky enough to be born into this hot-rodding thing, building 'traditional' hot rods long before we knew what that meant. A true master craftsman at his trade. We will sorely miss him.
    Now what do we do when our all our mentors are gone?

Find someone to mentor...

Ride on Jack, ride on.

r

Truck64 likes this.
  2. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Sorry to hear it man

3. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We are the torch carriers for those who leave us. It is not easy saying goodbye...even tougher when due to these terrible illnesses of which no one is immune. Yes our influence to others is our best gift for a better future for all. Everyday we live is a reality check. Condolences to his family and friends. Post some pics of the good old hotrod days. Jack would like that and so would we.
    Regards,
    Stogy

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  4. Sorry to lose another wealth of knowledge.Be glad you them as teachers.

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

6. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Believe it, like it or not. We are the next generation to take over what's left of this hobby. I am just glad to see groups like ours willing to teach and carry the torch. God bless our mentors. Both old and young.

7. lo-buk

lo-buk
    from kcmo

RIP Jack....