Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Trog 2016 official thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bobby Green, Jan 7, 2016.

1. orangeamcs

orangeamcs

The time line crunch for the June race is going to be tough for alot of us. I was thinking that just this year they should be more lenient on letting cars from past years run this year.

2. Ricky Rocket

Ricky Rocket

Bummed. It seems they scheduled this years event the same weekend as the Elks Convention. My promised reservation from last years hurricane cancellation from the Seagull Motel was rescinded. This will make two years I can't attend. I think the should have kept it in the fall, too many conflicting events. I'll never be able to finish the Model A in time.

3. Justin N

Justin N
    from Kentucky

Planning on making the trip for the first time. For those of you that have been, where is the best place to stay?

4. Any info on hotels for Pismo yet?

5. blindowl

blindowl
    BANNED
    from MASS

I had a lot of fun at the trog 13,14 and some of 15. I now realized I'm a small hot rod event guy . I can care less if I have a picture or video of me in a magazine or show . I just enjoy building rods and hanging out with friends.
    I appreciate all the hard work and stress the NJ oilers had to deal with.
    And as far as bitching and complaining some people had a good reason to.
    I watched a few guys get real pissed at there cars/bikes because there weren't running right. One guy even kicked his motorcycle because it was clearly running on one cylinder. It's was very clear they did not build there machine. I never want to be associated with these types of people. Strait up posers
    I even saw multiple wardrobe changes by some of the racers ?? Very strange in my book.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  6. VonKool13

VonKool13

Well I'm inspired, I've never wanted to build a late 40s roadster more than I do now. I may not get to race at TROG, but that won't stop me from building my 20 Buick roadster into a 40's competition beast.
    I will see all the West Coast guys at Pismo. And hopefully the following year I'll be running my early machine on the sands of Pismo....
    Thanks Oilers for all that you have created and thanks America for being the coolest Hot Rod country ever.

Nailhead Jason and ROCKER77 like this.
  7. Still love the race. I'll be there in June. I'd like to have my car finished for 2017. I t just seems like one of those things that every hot rodder should do at least once.

8. alchemy

alchemy

I better pick up my pace for completion by 2017. Now which is closer to Iowa, the east or west coast?

9. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

There must be a section of mud along the Mississippi where a race could be held. It looks like these races are getting so popular that more will need to be organized if all the interested are going to be able to race. Like the drag craze of the '50-'60. Where would go to start learning how to put on one of these events? It can't be easy.

10. So you wouldnt be upset if they kept it in October and it got resheduled by s hurricane again?

Bobby Green likes this.
  11. nobuckets

nobuckets
    from austin, tx

My trip to TROG 2015 fell victim to Joaquin and I can't make it out to Jersey in June this year. I reserved my hotel so far in advance last year that I couldn't recover my deposit from the Seagull or my CC after the date change. They said they will count it toward any future stays, but I can't bet on 2017...

Anyone who is going out this year, PM me if you are thinking of staying at the Seagull and maybe I can transfer my deposit credit to you or something. I'd take a shirt or hot rod trinket in trade, but mostly just want to see if this helps anybody.

Bobby Green and CrazyUncleHarry like this.
  12. Ricky Rocket

Ricky Rocket

Seagull is sold out for Elks Convention. I got screwed on that deal too.

13. Ricky Rocket

Ricky Rocket

Yeah, like we get so many hurricanes in October here on the NorthEast Coast.

14. Have you forgotten Hurricane Sandy?

CrazyUncleHarry and Bobby Green like this.
  15. Yup. My buddy John up in Jersey is still trying to get his 47 ford fixed from what Sandy did. He was lucky his house was still there.

16. Bobby Green

Bobby Green

Yea, Sandy hit 5 days after the very first Trog. Wiped out the entire beach for good. Thats why it moved to Wildwood, much bigger beach. But I bet everyone bitched about that too.. haha

62hotcat and Hitchhiker like this.
  17. VonKool13

VonKool13

Hey thanks Bobby for all you guys do, screw the bitching. No one was doing this as of late so kudos to you guys....

COOTER likes this.
  18. Something about rose colored glasses right?

I'll be honest, I looked into some of what it would take to do something like this. Even exchanged a few messages with Mel. I do have some idea of what you guys go thru to put this on and I think if anyone knew the extent or even a rough idea. They would have lot different view. Keep doing our thing man. Looking forward to it

Bobby Green and Nailhead Jason like this.
  19. I remember what a pain in the ass it was doing a Fri night cruise in and yearly show with my old club years ago. I can not imagine the bullshit that has to be delt with let alone all the work building stands and setting up. I have huge amount of respect for the Oilers on seeing this through every year. And I hope to run the sand in 2017

20. z-4wheldrft

z-4wheldrft
    from s.e.pa.

are they having the night of the trogs -motorcycle show on fri.?

21. ELD

ELD

Yes, Night of the Troglodytes returns! Friday night East and West. It's like a two-headed Troglodyte!

22. That's what I heard.

23. Its not to be missed. Insanity on 2 wheels!!!

24. TBone69

TBone69
    from NJ

Can't wait, planning on coming down Friday afternoon with the Famly watching the cars roll in and staying for both days.

25. scotzz

scotzz

I just got the last room at the Monaco but they wanted minimum 3 night..................same room I had last year..........woman who did reservations said to try the Starfire..............close to Starlux

26. Preacher

Preacher
    Member Emeritus

I just pm d you speedy

27. Hey I live in the pismo area. Been here since I was 5. I can help you all out with names of hotels and camp sites good ones to not junkie shacks. If everyone would like I can post a hole list of places. Pismo beach hotels are not cheap. They are on the oceans edge so big $ . We have a lot of hotels and great campsites all around here and for a five to even 15 min. Drive to beach can save y'all lots of money. If you got the bucks pismo hotels are bitchin but i would rather spend my money on my roadster and sleep under a tree. We do have 3 camp grounds right on the beach too and you can even camp on the beach so I will get all that lined up here in the next day or so. Thank you guys from the oilers for setting this up I can't wait if I can help out at all please let me know. I'm gonna try and get my 27 chevy 4 banger ok'd to run and my 32 roadster done by June west coast in the sand bitchhhhhinnnnn

Bigcheese327 and CrazyUncleHarry like this.
  28. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

I've been camping at Bonneville for a while a beach would be great. Plese let us know where, Thanks. I'm trying to help my friend get his '25 Chevy board/dirt track racer ready.

29. Pete

Pete

I don't recall anybody "bitching" about the move to wildwood, because it had to be done.

30. orangeamcs

orangeamcs

How will this past weekend s storm affect wildwood