Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Anyone use Nelco Hotrods or GPS brakes?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 65fordguy, Dec 31, 2015.

1. 65fordguy

65fordguy

looking at getting some new brake parts for my project and several guys on a facebook group are recommending Nelco Hotrods which I think uses MBM brake parts.
    Anyone ever use them or know anything about them ?
    MBM brake parts good stuff? I assume its probably as good or better than the Chinese stuff from parts stores.
    http://nelcohotrods.com/

Also, GPS brakes is one that is highly recommended.. ant it appears they use very similar
    parts if not the same parts.
    http://gpsbrakes.com/

other recommendations for 65-79 f100 brake booster and master cylinders?
    Thanks.

2. 65fordguy

65fordguy

3. 65fordguy

65fordguy

btt for the morning crowd.

4. GPSBill

GPSBill

Hi 65fordguy,

My name is Bill and I'm with GPS Automotive (gpsbrakes.com). I noticed you were asking about our products and that of a few other companies. All of our products are manufactured by us or for us directly. We take pride in the quality of our products, our technical knowledge base and we are all car guys ourselves with classic cars and trucks. Unfortunately in this day and age all new power brake boosters & master cylinders are all made overseas. Its knowing the manufactures and the quality of your product that separates us from our competition. We also have a strict internal quality system that each product must pass before we ship it out our door. On top of that each booster & master kit is hand assembled in our facility to ensure proper fitment and worry free operation.
    I hope this helps you with your search, please feel free to call us at 716-852-2139 with any questions, we are open Monday thru Friday 9am to 4:30pm EST. we can also be reached at [email protected]

Bill

5. 65fordguy

65fordguy

Thanks for the reply Bill.. and welcome to the HAMB. I would really like to get a kit that fits my truck without having to cut and weld .. my current setup is a 78 F100 power disc brake booster and mc.. problem there is the rod has to be modified to fit the 65. While Im fairly confident in my ability and the job I did.. It has always bothered me. My current MC is leaking.. and this would make number 4 inside of 8 years. I really want a quality product. and something I don't have to worry about. I've considered the wilwoods and stuff.. but im not sure if I really would see any improvement there. I don't have any real references for you guys.. I've searched around. theres the usual their awesome and the next response is they suck. so. not much help there. I want something that will be 100% safe and not cheap.. I have my 4 yo boy riding with me alot and want to make sure he stays safe as I can make it.

6. 65fordguy

65fordguy

Bill I called the number and hit 1 for sales.. I got a voice mail. I made reference to this conversation. and left my number.

7. GPSBill

GPSBill

I got your message this morning and left you one as well.
    The kit that would probably best suite your needs would be our part number E81, link below. This kit will bolt directly to your firewall and includes a pushrod designed to work with your factory brake pedal. This kit uses an 1-1/8" bore master cylinder and an 8" Dual Diaphragm power booster. All booster & master kits are hand assembled prior to shipment to ensure proper fitment and pushrod alignment to the master cylinder.

[​IMG]
    http://gpsbrakes.com/i-19296535-8-inch-dual-power-booster-1-1-8-inch-bore-master-zinc.html