Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Fire at Famosa

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JeffB2, Jan 7, 2016.

1. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

2. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Well this is a total bummer..

[​IMG]

FamosO is one of my favorite tracks. I stood in that very tower a few years back. There aren't too many towers that were built from that era left. They're probably going to have rebuild it to "code" and it's going to lose it's old look. Hope insurance does help them.

3. I did my share of announcing for ANRA in that tower. What a great view to watch the drags. My heart is a little broken.

4. mike bowling

mike bowling

Maybe they can get it re- built "grandfathered" in as a historic landmark? Of course I'm sure THAT entails tons of "red tape" , limits on use, and a bunch of people who don't have a clue telling you how to do it!
    Major bummer. One piece at a time( and with each person passing) this shit is fading away.

PunkAssGearhead88 likes this.

5. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

That would be nice, however being in California, that probably would be tough since there is a lot of "red tape" involved like you said. And yes it is all slowly fading away unfortunately.

6. roughneck424

roughneck424

The original Tower is on the other side of the track. It is used by The Smoker's ( car club who started Famoso )

7. verde742

verde742

hopefully No one was hurt, Rebuild the SOB to code and it will be there forever,
    slap it together with no restrictions >>then let it burn to the ground next time?